PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pee Ess You
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-26, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music

Originally Posted by Rodney Gates View Post
The New Conglomerate, being the living-on-the-edge, anarchist scavengers they are will be more frontier-like, with a cool blues-rock approach featuring slide guitars and fiddle (little harder-edged than the Firefly TV series' music by Greg Edmonson). This music will all be recorded here in San Diego with local musicians specializing in this genre, following the orchestral session.
Wow. Never have I been more glad I play NC. This sounds *awesome.*
Old 2012-05-26, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Hamma
PSU Admin

I heard some previews of the music while I was there (Thanks Matt!) and honestly you guys won't be dissapointed with any of them including VS.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-05-26, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

I'm so stoked about the music! Seriously if they get it right it could be the #1 thing that ties PS1 to PS2.

They have to make adjustments to other areas of the game to make it modern and mass appeal but the music can remain pure! And if it sounds like Planetside I'll be getting shivers.

I have all the planetside music downloaded and I play it during other shooters and games sometimes lol
Old 2012-05-26, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Will there be a variety of sounds when bullets come in contact with certain surfaces? Will I hear the difference between my bullet hitting a metallic surface, or a rocky cliff? I'm not one to really care about small stuff, but it would be nice. Also, if I'm walking around in a desert continent will I hear the heatwave, or if I'm in a snowy continent, will I hear the whistling of the cold wind in the distance? I really like an authentic environment, but since Planetside 2, I think I wouldn't fuss about not having that sort of thing.

Last edited by IHateMMOs; 2012-05-26 at 01:04 PM.
Old 2012-05-26, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Wow, the only thing that's made me want to play NC sofar was the description of their music genre! (well ok, that NC MAX looks totally badass as well)
Old 2012-05-26, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
polywomple
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post
Sorry but I'm just going to say it..... I don't like this one bit. Daft Punk is one of the worst bands I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. If the VS music really is anything even remotely close to them, or any techno/electronica/whatever crap, I'll be instantly turning off the music.
sorry but daft punk is awesome,

besides I don't think it's going to sound SUPER reminiscent of daft punk, just similar
Old 2012-05-26, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Toppopia
Major

I just listened to "Around the World" but i can't remember what the lyrics were..

But seriously, it was alright until the singing, that got a tiny bit annoying, but i know there won't be any singing in the music so it might turn out good.
Old 2012-05-26, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I just listened to "Around the World" but i can't remember what the lyrics were..

But seriously, it was alright until the singing, that got a tiny bit annoying, but i know there won't be any singing in the music so it might turn out good.
I imagine the style will be more like Daft Punk's work on Tron rather than they're more vocal songs. The Tron Legacy soundtrack is more 'Gamey' than their earlier stuff, as in it suits being in the background and supporting atmosphere than just being a standalone thing

I dunno if that's right but I imagine the sound will be more like this

Old 2012-05-26, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
I imagine the style will be more like Daft Punk's work on Tron rather than they're more vocal songs. The Tron Legacy soundtrack is more 'Gamey' than their earlier stuff, as in it suits being in the background and supporting atmosphere than just being a standalone thing

I dunno if that's right but I imagine the sound will be more like this
That does sound more like the VS.
Old 2012-05-27, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by RNFB View Post
Sorry but I'm just going to say it..... I don't like this one bit. Daft Punk is one of the worst bands I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. If the VS music really is anything even remotely close to them, or any techno/electronica/whatever crap, I'll be instantly turning off the music.

...You just can't expect everything will be good for you, right ?
Old 2012-05-27, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

I really like that Tron track. Maybe I should watch the movie some day. Thanks for the vid !

If the music is as good as what's been linked so far, it will be great.
Old 2012-05-27, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Daft punk is sort of just the big go to name for electronica. I think it will be good. i'd love to blast some NC and TR while listening to some Justice or something like that.

I'm into all three of those styles of music, so it will be a treat even when spending a little time on some alternate empire alts.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-27, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Rodney Gates
PlanetSide 2
Audio Director

Don't get too hung up on those music references - those were just off the top of my head as far as stuff that's out there that might be considered similar. As I mentioned, we are going for faction distinction as much as we can to make each empire's experience their own.

The music that will be in our game is definitely, uniquely PlanetSide! Glad you guys are stoked for it. You will hear it soon enough. :-)

- Rodney
Old 2012-05-27, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Razicator
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rodney Gates View Post
Don't get too hung up on those music references - those were just off the top of my head as far as stuff that's out there that might be considered similar. As I mentioned, we are going for faction distinction as much as we can to make each empire's experience their own.

The music that will be in our game is definitely, uniquely PlanetSide! Glad you guys are stoked for it. You will hear it soon enough. :-)

- Rodney
Will there be a song or two with the electric guitar, for nostalgia's sake? Hopefully the TR if so! Or hell the main theme!
Old 2012-05-27, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
ComerEste
Corporal

One thing I have always loved about Planetside music is the creative use of the Violin. Really hope you guys put PS1/PS2 soundtracks up for sale in the store or maybe make it like iTunes to where we can buy/download individual tracks.

So much awesome gaming music gets lost to history because the only way to hear is to play the game. Tribes 2 for example has 5 great tracks that I listen to frequently.

Last edited by ComerEste; 2012-05-27 at 03:42 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion