Can this game be the biggest hit ever? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Destroying your anti-virus software since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-01, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dartan
Corporal

Can this game be the biggest hit ever?

Now, I never played Planetside 1 but from being a long-time connoisseur of all types of genres, especially RPG and FPS this game certainly has all the ingredients to be much bigger than Battlefeld 3, CoD4, LoL etc.

Also I'm pretty sure many people are sick and tired of modern military shooters or WW2 shooters, even before Battlefield 3 was released I was devastated they didn't release a sequel to much better Battlefield 2142.

It is so refreshing to finally see some true SF setting( I don't count Crysis 2 because the only SF thing there is the suit, everything else is bog standard).

And what really stands out to me about Planetside 2 is the effort put in animations(not all yet).

Seriously if the weapon animations and vehicle animations are not right, detailed and fluid depending on various motions, for me the game is dead. Animations always make everything so much better.
I'm sure this is true for many people but they don't articulate it that way, they say something like "weapons don't feel right"...

I really hope this game gets a huge marketing budget that it deserves, after all EA and Activision marketed the shit out of their games, and it is a huge factor if games succeeds or not.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion