Do you know what month it is? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: New Conglomerate.. what happened to the old one?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you think PlanetSide will make it's March 31st release?
Yes 30 49.18%
No 31 50.82%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-03-02, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Unknown
First Sergeant

Do you know what month it is?

That's right! It's the month PS is (still) slated for release! Woohoo! It's just around the corner so to speak .

So, how many of you think it'll actually make it by march 31st?
Old 2003-03-02, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

it's possible, but not probable. MMOs don't take much beta testing, it's mostly resolving lag problems and server issues. hence only 50 beta testers to start with. however, i'd much rather prefer a thourogh beta as opposed to one like Earth and Beyond had... so a delay if they need to.
Old 2003-03-02, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

im gonna vote yes on what i hope and not what i think
Old 2003-03-02, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MarkHawk
Corporal

im actully hoping for a delay. I have a feeling there will be a lot of bugs overlooked (seeing how the game is huge) and i dont wanna buy a game that dosen't run smothly the first day i play it. But i highly doubt it'll even be out by Apirl 24 th
Old 2003-03-02, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
simba
Major

24:th april???? SOE is still saying Q1, and I belive them
Old 2003-03-02, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
air_head1
Corporal

I don't think PS will make it out by the end of March cause we haven't evan started OPEN BETA YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2003-03-02, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think that they could complete open beta in less than a month, but judging by my limited experience with MMO betas, I can't be sure. I'm guessing there will be a small extention added.
Old 2003-03-02, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

i doubt the open beta will take long. They probably want people on open beta for the server load that they'll generate, and not necessarily for any bug finding.
Old 2003-03-02, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

MMOs don't take much beta testing, it's mostly resolving lag problems and server issues.
Heh, SWG has been in beta 2 for what? 5 months?

I have a feeling there will be a lot of bugs overlooked (seeing how the game is huge) and i dont wanna buy a game that dosen't run smothly the first day i play it
EQ, WWIIO, AO. Remember these releases? Horrible. This was after extensive beta. Dont expect to do to much over the first few days, there is really no way to prepare the servers for the massive amout of people who will start that day. It will go from four servers with 20K people to 12 servers and god knows how many people, almost all at once. There will be bandwith problems becuase everyone is still in their homesanctuary, all the names need to be approved, and dozens of other small things that just add up.

However there is hope. SOE is the only company to release more then one MMO. I know SWG isnt out yet, but the beta is going well. If there is any company that can prepare well its SOE. Plus, look at our dev team. I have faith in a good release, but dont hope for flawless.
Old 2003-03-02, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Furio
Private

Well its an mmofps not a mmorpg theres no things like monster balancing and quest stuff to fix. And since theres no npcs they dont have to make sure that all of them work. There isnt a real need for a long beta. They are just probably going to test the lag problems and see how many people can get on a server before it crashes or lags and the make a limit for ther servers when the game comes out.
Old 2003-03-02, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
The Eternal
Sergeant

Those MMO's that launched were a totally different type of game first of all, and they need a totally different type of beta. I think It will make the release date, but expect the Open beta to be soon.

Old 2003-03-02, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
culkid
Sergeant Major

i hope it comes out Msrch 31st, right after my B-Day, so i'll have enough money to buy it
Old 2003-03-02, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally posted by culkid
i hope it comes out Msrch 31st, right after my B-Day, so i'll have enough money to buy it
Hmm, On This Thread You said you pre-ordered

Originally posted by culkid
yea but if 500 r on every server, or even if 1000, 1000 times 5 is still 5000..... so i bet atleast 1000 the least, but maybe in a day, defenit maximum capac.. thank god i preordered
But then on the thread were talking on now, your hoping you have enough money after your birthday to buy the game, which is it? did you pre-order, or not?

The replies are not very far apart also....
Old 2003-03-02, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
culkid
Sergeant Major

ya i preordered it, but i am upgrading my computer , so i hope o have enough to buy it.. i didnt fully pay for the fricken game, i only put down 5 bucks
Old 2003-03-02, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Revulsion
Sergeant

Yes it will, have faith!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion