More Fav's - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm reloading because my quote is next, I know it is.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-03, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Drrek
Private

Talking More Fav's

You know there are many times that I find my self in the wrong load out for the wrong situation, and it kinda makes me mad but heres a idea

10 favs. but 5 tabs, tabs can we toggled by ALT+1-5 according to the tab number you want,

So think about it this way,

Tab 1
1.Main Assualt Agile
2.Rexo Sweeper/Deci assault.
3. etc
4.etc
5.etc

Simple things to make the game better in my oppion, they way I see my character, I could have at least 20 Favs Becuase how versitile my character is, exspecialy with the new AV switch I find my self in alot of the wrong situations.
Old 2004-03-03, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

do you really need 50 loadouts? I use about 3 different loadouts most of the time.

1) Agile/Cyler/Repair Gun
2) Agile/Cycler/Full inv of ACES
3) Agile/Striker

And, if need be, I have a loadout with an inventory full of reaver rockets in case I'm at a base not linked to a dropship center.
Old 2004-03-03, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Not sure I'm reading that right, so I'm going to put it in my words and tell me if I have it wrong:

You want to keep the same 10 favorites, but then add in 5 tabs that you can customize and categorize things (e.g. - Rexo, MAX, Agile and Infiltrator) favorite sets.

I don't see where this really is going to help that much. Going to the equipment terminal to bring up the favorites is about as simple as it can get right now. Adding tabs to "organize" things merely adds a series of key strokes.

What would be *nice* is if they'd give us more favorites, but the devs have already said that won't happen due to database constraints (same reason they've hemmed and hawed about giving us more vehicle favorites). There's a ton of data that's stored in each favorite, and they don't know how well the servers would handle having even more to track.

EDIT: Reading Strygun's post helped a bit if he got it right, but yeah...my point about technology limiting that idea still holds. It'd be neat, but it won't happen.
Old 2004-03-03, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

15 favs would be perfect.
Old 2004-03-03, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

I would like to see more favs. On total grunt characters, such as my NC, I run out of room way to easily. I could use more slots. I was up to ten before the Deci was added to AV. Now I can't fit them all.
Old 2004-03-03, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

You guys use so many fav's. I only have about 5 that I accually use.

Old 2004-03-03, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Seer
Major

The world won't end if you have to keep it to 10 different configurations.

I have a question, though--are you willing to pay 1-3 dollars more a month for ten more infantry favorites and five more vehicle favorites?
Old 2004-03-03, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I would love to have more than 10 favorites. This gets especially difficult for those that have MAX suits and Special Assault
Old 2004-03-03, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

They mentioned that there are no plans to add more favs as it would add load to the servers. Currently your favs are stored serverside and they said that every time people access the terminals there is a ton of info stored for favs and adding more would just add to that load.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-03-03, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Unknown
First Sergeant

That's something that never made sense to me, why are favs stored server-side? Couldn't they be stored just as easily, if not more easily client-side? It's not like you could try to trick it into giving you weapons you're not allowed (how hard could it be to do a quick check on what empire you are and what certs you have?). Ah well, probably too late to change it now, they must have a good reason for making it server-side anyways. I suppose if you were to reinstall you would lose all your favorites if they were client side, but honestly I could deal with that.
Old 2004-03-03, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Even if they were stored clientside it would still have to verify with the server that they are loadouts that you would be allowed to have checking the same info as it is serverside.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-03-03, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Multiple machines.

Some people play PS from different computers for a variety of reasons (actually having 2 machines, upgrades, downgrades, etc). If that information was stored client-side, you'd have to redo them on every single character, which is time-consuming and annoying.

Plus with it stored server-side, they can take a look at things and see if they're being used by players. For instance, they want to know how many energy boxes the average VS trooper carries (for whatever reason...analysis requires some odd things sometimes)...they can't do that if the favorite is stored client-side.

Plenty of reasons...just as valid as the ones for doing it client-side. The devs decided the way they did for probably more reasons than I've listed.
Old 2004-03-03, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I could use some more Favs

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion