NIC Opening its doors for recruitment - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Support Your Local Hacker
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2012-06-08, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NICProt
Private

NIC Opening its doors for recruitment

Who are NIC?

We a group of friends who have played and followed Planetside for many years now, dating back to the early days of Planetside (crica 2003). Whilst we have not been part of the same outfit together, we have decided to form an intimate small, squad based outfit for the upcoming Planetside 2.

What is our faction?

Most of the current players are true blood TR, however we do have one VS traitor who has fallen in with us.

What do/will we do?

NIC will be a small outfit consisting of no more than 20 dedicated players, we will have 2 types of operations that we will participate in
  • Covert Night Ops
  • Daytime Bombardments

I will explain a little bit about these in detail.

Covert Night Ops

These operations will consist of highly thought out and planned attacks behind enemy lines, we already have specialized pilots but are always looking for more. The night ops will primarily be infantry units, consisting of a good mixture of class types, as always, medics and engineers will be in high demand. The aim of these night ops will be as you would expect, execute a strategy which will hit the enemy where they are either weakest, or just not expecting it. The goals will be capturing POIs (Points of Interest, bases, resource hubs etc.)

Daytime Bombardments

Due to there being a day and night cycle, we do not want outfit members to feel as if there is nothing to do, therefore we have the daytime bombardments. The general idea of this is to beat the shit out of a base until it is ours, these operations will not use highly specific strategies and will most likely take place with other outfits to achieve a similar goal.

Just before I forget, I would like to add that we are EU players and therefore, unfortunately will only be accepting EU members, or those who are available to play at these times.

We are currently working on getting website hosting and a site up and running, once the game goes live we will be using the API systems to fully integrate the outfit into the website, we will not be using the in game VOIP unless we are working with other outfits, we will have our own ventrillo/TS/mumble server for internal operations.

At the moment we are a 7 man outfit, we are looking to recruit upwards of 20 players, there will be various roles that you can apply for within the outfit, such as
  • Strategic Officer
  • Intelligence Officer
  • Support Officer
  • Fire squad Leaders
If you are interested in applying to join us then please get in contact with me, through reddit or my skype : samsam5129
Just to add, we will not be accepting anyone under the age of 18 into the outfit.
As always, we want to have fun and provide members with the most fun they can have, but we want it to be challenging, we want members to achieve, therefore we are a serious outfit, but we can still have a laugh.
Have a great day and to any NC or VS out there, You will not see us on the battlefield, but we will see you - through our iron sights.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Naveo
Private

Re: NIC Opening its doors for recruitment

You really are spamming this wherever you can. Saw this on Reddit, few people complained about it being in the wrong place.

Anyway,this seems interesting but what does NIC stand for?
And how will you guys communicate? Will you guys have a website, forums, TS3? I am sure, however, that PS2 will provide voip services.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Might want to rethink the name... There is already an Outfit called NIC (who I expect will play PS2). Their reputation is, how can I put this delicately, unfavorable...
Old 2012-06-08, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Naveo
Private

I'd like an answer to my second question, too. Much appreciatable.
EDIT: I havn't played PS1 but I am thinking about VS as they seem to fit me the most, being very maneuverable.
As it described, I am a bit curious about if there will be a VS 'version' of this outfit.

Last edited by Naveo; 2012-06-08 at 09:01 AM.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
NICProt
Private

Originally Posted by Naveo View Post
You really are spamming this wherever you can. Saw this on Reddit, few people complained about it being in the wrong place.

Anyway,this seems interesting but what does NIC stand for?
And how will you guys communicate? Will you guys have a website, forums, TS3? I am sure, however, that PS2 will provide voip services.
NIC stands for Nocturnal Infiltation Company, however, due to there already being an NIC Outfit, Then I will most likely have to rethink this and be a little bit more original on my second pass!

In regards to Reddit, I didn't actually realise that there was a subreddit specifically for outfit recruitment, so I reposted there, despite its.... lack... of anything.

I am in the process of getting a domain and creating a site for the company, I will also be purchasing a voice server, which program it is will be voted on by members.
The reasoning why we will favour third-party voice comms is due to the fact that people will not always be in game, people have other things to do and other games to play, but we want to make a nice little community where people enjoy chatting and playing together.

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Might want to rethink the name... There is already an Outfit called NIC (who I expect will play PS2). Their reputation is, how can I put this delicately, unfavorable...
Thanks for that, I had no idea, I'll get right on it - Coming up with a new tag that is.

Originally Posted by Naveo View Post
I'd like an answer to my second question, too. Much appreciatable.
EDIT: I havn't played PS1 but I am thinking about VS as they seem to fit me the most, being very maneuverable.
As it described, I am a bit curious about if there will be a VS 'version' of this outfit.
This outfit will be TR exclusive, the current members take our faction loyalty quite seriously (similar to horde and alliance in the world of warcraft). So you will not see any of us on NC or VS.
If you change your mind however, then you are welcome to join us on TR
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic