Wolverines: Returning to the front - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Caution: Refresh Overload!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2012-11-12, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
VileLust
Private

Wolverines: Returning to the front

Founded by RedDawn, the Wolverines Outfit was created on October 21, 2003. We have a long history in Planetside and beyond, having been a founding member in various PS1 organizations such as Wild Horse Platoon and ULTRA.

We aren't your typical casual-gamer guild, and although we certainly have gotten older these last nine or so years we still have the same mentality we had before: be organized, have fun, win. We were never a group to stress ranks or military style discipline. We want all of our members to have a voice, and have the opportunity to lead by example.

Teamspeak3 is required while playing with the outfit.
We will be playing on East coast US servers.

If you are interested, or simply have questions, you can PM me here, or shoot us an email at: [email protected]

Last edited by VileLust; 2012-11-13 at 06:18 PM.
Old 2012-11-13, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
RedDawn
Private

Re: Wolverines: Returning to the front

Someone wrote this a few years ago as a general history of the Wolverines. Please read this and then I will explain how the Wolverines and Planetside has had an effect on my life.
“History of the Wolverines

The founding members of the Wolverines were originally part of an organization in Planetside called ELH. We were part of a group within ELH called WHP (Wild Horse Platoon), which did mostly special ops. We ran with ELH until it became an environment we weren’t comfortable playing in anymore. The OL went LOA for a few months and didn’t leave anyone in charge in his place. He also wanted people to TK other outfits he was having disagreements with. At that point, several of us came to the conclusion that this wasn’t what we wanted in an outfit. Founded by RedDawn, the Wolverines Outfit was created on October 21, 2003.

Those that founded the Wolverines were united in the desire for the same things. We did not want a military style format. We prized teamwork; however we also respected individual choice. People need to be free to have fun their own way, spec’ however they liked, though soloing was frowned upon. After all, why join an outfit if you always solo? Fun and Friends were paramount. We did not want ranks, nothing to give the impression anyone was “above” anyone else. We only had three ranks. There was a noob rank for recruits, a Wolverine rank for all members and a Founding Member rank for those who created the outfit, more as a way to remember who was there at the beginning. All Wolverines had and still have an equal voice in the outfit. Strictly for upholding the founding principles and as a method to get issues known and resolved, RedDawn, as the founding Outfit Leader, created the council. The council’s main charter was as a sounding board, for admin stuff, issues, PR, to keep the outfit on track and to foster a positive environment.

RedDawn decided to step down from OL, and handed the reins to Sultress. Planetside went through many changes over the years, some good and some not so good. It became difficult to get much done as a small outfit once platoons were created and bigger cohesive groups became more necessary. Many things were tried. Sultress worked with Firefly from BWC and together they created the alliance which because ULTRA. Over the ensuing years, ULTRA grew from the original 2 outfits to up to or over 20 outfits. We had an alliance TS server and ran Ops almost every night. It was grand times.

Everyone in the Wolverines was encouraged to create and lead an operation. We were always about empowerment. Those who wanted to lead could, those who did not want to lead, were not required to. It was, and still is, all about fun and friends.”

What the Wolverines mean to me…

Over the last almost ten years I have been honored to meet and form friendships with some of the greatest people on Earth. We have stayed in touch over the past 9 years very closely. I have met most of them in person several times. I talk to some almost every day. I vacation with them and if I am going anywhere near them I will gladly go hours out of my way just to have a sandwich and a beverage with them. I would do pretty much do anything for any of the Wolverines.

Why should you join the Wolverines? The camaraderie! There have been times I just get on voice to see what kind of craziness is going on. We are an older, mature outfit. Most people are married and have kids but we have some younger members that have been around since the beginning also. We prefer low amounts of drama. All decisions are made as a group. If any member has a suggestion to make the guild better we are all for it.

We try to keep things fun also. Some of the stuff we will do occasionally is Outfit Nights. Examples of these include Reaver night, ATV races, Galaxy night, Tank night, etc. Imagine 30 Reavers or Prowlers rolling up to a fight….AWESOME I KNOW! Check out some of the videos below!

So if you want a mature group to game with and want to laugh, A LOT, The Wolverines might just be the place for you.

Last edited by RedDawn; 2012-11-13 at 09:29 AM.
Old 2012-11-14, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
JackalMaster
Private

I've been playing with Red and the Wolverines for about 10 years now. It has been one of the best experiences I've ever had in gaming. We are a great team that understands that in order to really enjoy Planetside, you should play as a team but at the same time it doesnt have to feel like bootcamp or a job.

Looking forward to another 10 years!

-JM
Old 2012-11-14, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
varg
Private

Been playing with these guys almost 10 years now. Solid group and always lots of fun.
Old 2012-11-14, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Stugots
Private

Hell yes, we're back!

Here's a (horrid quality) vid of something we did this one time....

Old 2012-11-18, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Wolverines are a solid group. You'd always see them out in force at the place where you needed to people to be. I remember those early days in WHP.

GL in PS2 guys!

-Soothsayer/Chemburn
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic