Planetside 2 Needs Prone - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where you can say ANT and not mean a bug.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-01, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Envenom
Sergeant Major
 
Envenom's Avatar
 
Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Title says it all. This would be a welcome addition in my books. I've enjoyed this feature in many other titles and believe it adds a wealth of strategic enhancements to gameplay.
__________________


TR dont need to tweet; they just point their chainguns and citizens infer the message.
Envenom is offline  
Old 2012-06-01, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant
 
Eyeklops's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Good luck on selling this one to the PS1 community. I can already hear the crying about infils laying down somewhere nobody can find them in a base. It's also a far shot to be added as I think they would have to redesign the maps in some ways also.
__________________
Delta Triad

Last edited by Eyeklops; 2012-06-01 at 02:49 PM.
Eyeklops is offline  
Old 2012-06-01, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Raymac
Brigadier General
 
Raymac's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


No. It doesn't. PS1 didn't need prone.
__________________
"Before you say anything, prepare to stfu." -Kenny F-ing Powers

Raymac is offline  
Old 2012-06-09, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
No. It doesn't. PS1 didn't need prone.
this isnt a copy and paste of ps1 this is what i always fear about hardcore fans of a game who almost never goes out there to play another game ive been playing Ps1 for years but stop playing it since the gameplay wasent suitable anymore for me !

Planetside 2 and planetside 1 gameplay wise are 2 different game

planetside 2 gameplay wise is now a more like BF3 game or MAG game or COD game and all those game feature prone

BFBC battlefield bad company was a Pain in the ass because of the No prone stuff as a infantry you werent able to use the terrain properly to cover urself if you take cover behind a crate sometime ur head is expose and boom you die whiout a chance to manage to survive because you dont have the proper tool to do so !


MY ONLY concern about all this is how it can turn with infiltrator cloak

but u can also implement a mechanics where if a infiltrator go prone he loose is Cloak BE creative guys

SO Infiltrator will not ruin the feature Infiltrator prone = No cloak possible

infiltrator have to be croutch or stand position to be able to use their cloak is thats sound good ?
__________________
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-01, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


If your signature is bigger than your post you need to reconsider your priorities.

Not having prone discourages camping-style gameplay. Planetside has always been a more aggressive sort of shooter than something like BF3, and this is one area I don't mind them keeping the same.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-06-01 at 02:49 PM.
Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-06-01, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Purple
Sergeant Major
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


ya the last thing we need are the annoying people who sprint at you and dive to the ground. PS2 will be a great game without it.
Purple is offline  
Old 2012-06-01, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant
 
Eyeklops's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Purple View Post
ya the last thing we need are the annoying people who sprint at you and dive to the ground. PS2 will be a great game without it.
Not advocating putting dolphin diving into PS2, but every time I try running at a person and going prone I end up taking a bullet in the nugget. So if they did add it that doesn't really bother me. Also, I notice on bf3 it's insanely easier to headshot prone soldiers, so it kinda balances out.
__________________
Delta Triad
Eyeklops is offline  
Old 2012-06-01, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant
 
Neurotoxin's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Okay, but these need to be put in too:

-Damage taken while prone is doubled.

-Because of the extreme surface contact with the ground, infiltrators can only get to about 50% stealth maximum, even with no weapon drawn.

-Unable to use AV weapons.

-Unable to throw grenades more than 15 meters.

-Able to be trampled by friendlies and enemies, causing damage and inflicting grief on any trampling friendlies.

-Takes 1 second to get to crouching from prone. Certs can reduce that to half a second.
Neurotoxin is offline  
Old 2012-06-01, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Envenom
Sergeant Major
 
Envenom's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Realism? Is that what you think Planetside vets are after?
See post below. I rest my case.

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Okay, but these need to be put in too:

-Damage taken while prone is doubled.

-Because of the extreme surface contact with the ground, infiltrators can only get to about 50% stealth maximum, even with no weapon drawn.

-Unable to use AV weapons.

-Unable to throw grenades more than 15 meters.

-Able to be trampled by friendlies and enemies, causing damage and inflicting grief on any trampling friendlies.

-Takes 1 second to get to crouching from prone. Certs can reduce that to half a second.
__________________


TR dont need to tweet; they just point their chainguns and citizens infer the message.
Envenom is offline  
Old 2012-06-01, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Fuse
Sergeant
 
Fuse's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
Okay, but these need to be put in too:

-Damage taken while prone is doubled.

-Because of the extreme surface contact with the ground, infiltrators can only get to about 50% stealth maximum, even with no weapon drawn.

-Unable to use AV weapons.

-Unable to throw grenades more than 15 meters.

-Able to be trampled by friendlies and enemies, causing damage and inflicting grief on any trampling friendlies.

-Takes 1 second to get to crouching from prone. Certs can reduce that to half a second.
Don't forget a 10% chance of getting dirt in your gun and having it jam. We're going for realism, right?
Fuse is offline  
Old 2012-06-10, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Chronic
Private
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
Not having prone discourages camping-style gameplay.

People still believe that myth? Adding prone just gives the ability to have better cover.

Chronic is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Stew
Major
 
Stew's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
People still believe that myth? Adding prone just gives the ability to have better cover.

Nice find agains you conter a arguments that a lots of people come with such as Prone will encourage camping lol

these snipers nest in crouch position was more than just usual in many NON prone games

Edit: and if they where prone in this position they arent going to be able to shoot lol only get a cover but in crouch at this spot people just can see their gun because the montainside hide the rest of their body only the deah and the top of the guns are expose
__________________

Last edited by Stew; 2012-06-11 at 12:04 AM.
Stew is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Chronic
Private
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Nice find agains you conter a arguments that a lots of people come with such as Prone will encourage camping lol

these snipers nest in crouch position was more than just usual in many NON prone games

Edit: and if they where prone in this position they arent going to be able to shoot lol only get a cover but in crouch at this spot people just can see their gun because the montainside hide the rest of their body only the deah and the top of the guns are expose

What are you saying? I don't understand broken English.

Last edited by Chronic; 2012-06-11 at 12:15 AM.
Chronic is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Phellix
Sergeant
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
People still believe that myth? Adding prone just gives the ability to have better cover.

This is the way it should be, you don't need prone for this.

Stew must have just woken up, because now this thread is going to last another 50 pages because he will post the same useless rant bumping it. Please lock this thread points have been made and it's just going to be arguing and "my opinion is better" attacks.
Phellix is offline  
Old 2012-06-11, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant
 
fishirboy's Avatar
 
Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone


Originally Posted by Phellix View Post
This is the way it should be, you don't need prone for this.

Stew must have just woken up, because now this thread is going to last another 50 pages because he will post the same useless rant bumping it. Please lock this thread points have been made and it's just going to be arguing and "my opinion is better" attacks.
You say you don't need it but you have it a little wrong, prone makes it better, its just not required, but it does make it better. Prone improves the game play but is not needed.

Edit: also if its not required it does not matter at all then why even be here man?
fishirboy is offline  
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.