Equipment and Implants - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wonder if anyone has ever given their 1 cent...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-28, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
War Mongrel
Master Sergeant

Equipment and Implants

How come there aren't Empire specific equipment and implants?
The game should have them.
Old 2003-02-28, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nightmare
First Sergeant

They'll probably incorporate some empire specific implants and such in the future, but not yet. I can't really think of any good empire specific implants... less energy consumption for vanu? I dunno. And what kind of empire specific equipment were you thinking of?
Old 2003-02-28, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DaRB
Private

Originally posted by Nightmare
They'll probably incorporate some empire specific implants and such in the future, but not yet. I can't really think of any good empire specific implants... less energy consumption for vanu? I dunno. And what kind of empire specific equipment were you thinking of?

hooray, another forum to whore.

Old 2003-02-28, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
balab
Sergeant

the Vanus will have access to all sort of modern drugs that makes them THINK they are invincible.

the TR spies have access to implants that increases their libido to bedazzle and stun their enemies.

the NCs have the jackhammer.
Old 2003-02-28, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nightmare
First Sergeant

my libido is already way above average, so I have no use for such primitive implants.

Last edited by Nightmare; 2003-02-28 at 12:59 PM.
Old 2003-02-28, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DaRB
Private

the Vanus will have access to all sort of modern drugs that makes them THINK they are invincible.

what is this "think" you speak of, i already know i shall be invincible..

hooray, another forum to whore.

Old 2003-02-28, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sindustry
Sergeant

So talking about the TR libido is what this war has come to?

Too soon...

Old 2003-02-28, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

NC = Deployable shield emplacements. (Think; Big force field bubbles from the end of Star wars Episode 1)
Projects a protective field for a 20 meter radius. incoming projectiles are stopped but at the cost of NTUs (can be re supplied with an ANT and can be carried in a galaxy).

Reasoning: If I can shoot him and he can�t shoot me I can kick his ass after I�ve finished my Crossword puzzle.

TR = Deployable gun emplacements. Fitted with twin chain guns, 360o axis, great VS infantry Moderate VS aircraft Poor VS armored vehicles. Needs regular ammo top ups

Reasoning: if I scream while I hold down the triggers I can be just like that black guy from Pearl Harbor

VS = Regenerative Sphere, all ally troops within the radius will slowly have their stamina / hp / armor replenished. Quite large radius but the unit itself isn�t well armored, requires protection

Reasoning: 0hp and 0armor = death, so Regeneration = good

Just a few ideas I thought would be cool, don�t flame...the creative part of my brain will become angry and may attack you in cruel and unusual ways.

"Damn, Those Vanu bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"
"Rip off my sig and I'll shit down your neck!"
Old 2003-02-28, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Nightmare
First Sergeant

Those are some pretty cool ideas Timberwolf. I like, I like. It's kinda strange that the large shield would need nanites, but if it didn't, it would be unstoppble. Plus, ANTs are very vunrable. Maybe the shield can only take so much damage before breaking down?
Old 2003-02-28, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TimberWolf2K
First Sergeant

"Maybe the shield can only take so much damage before breaking down?"

oops yeah sorry, I ment to say something like that :P

hey it could have 2 versions,

First = a limited number of HPs when their done the shield goes down and the unit dismantles itself (I like nanites)

Second = unlimited HPs as long as it is being resumplyed with NTUs

"It's kinda strange that the large shield would need nanites"

I like to think of Nanites as worker ants, they can use their vast numbers to create structures by breaking themselves down into diferent things like a section of an energy shield or a piece of chocolate (they are so small they can change the very molicules that make objects what they are)

So a canister of nanites can become a protective shield. When its hit the "Nanites" ( "nanites" because they have changed into an energy field) are destroyed and new ones from the storage tank are used

"Damn, Those Vanu bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"
"Rip off my sig and I'll shit down your neck!"
Old 2003-02-28, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nightmare
First Sergeant

oh yeah, I forgot about those little canisters. Hmm, that's a great idea. What do you need to certify in to use nanites? repair, engineerin? That way only certain peope can refill it. Only problem is actually getting devs to use the idea.
Old 2003-02-28, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Well the obvious is Empire specific deployable turrets.

Those could be easy.
Chaingun, Flachet gun, whatever those pansy Vanu use.

And you can already use the jammer grenade against them.

I like Timberwolf's NC Shield but I think it should be in one direction, like in JKII, or at 180 degrees. Oh and stop all damage in and out. But only take so much damage (you could signify this by the color of the shield.)

To keep with the spirit of the Empires, I wonder how you can make the TR increase thier rate of fire more???
Maybe a deployable ammo base like that in NS, but faster. But only have so many NTU's and thus make so much ammo.

For the VS regeneration thing, it is cool, but maybe a field (360 degrees) that blurs the targets, or makes it looke like there are copies. But for the Vanu in the field, they can see and target fine.
Keeping with their hard to target bit. But it would only last so long before burning out.
Nanites would have nothing to do with the VS tech, Just something they found and did research on.

Last edited by Headrattle; 2003-02-28 at 02:03 PM.
Old 2003-02-28, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Nightmare
oh yeah, I forgot about those little canisters. Hmm, that's a great idea. What do you need to certify in to use nanites? repair, engineerin? That way only certain peope can refill it. Only problem is actually getting devs to use the idea.
Nanite canisters are used for repairing, and therefore require a basic engineering cert.

To deploy an item in game, you need a Battle Engineering cert, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

I think the NC shield should be like the ones in Halo, mini-wall.

I like the TR turrets, but they sound really similar to spitfires.

VS idea is somewhat lame. Something more distinct with a technological advantage having to do with mobility/agility would be better. The blurring/copy effect is interesting.
Old 2003-02-28, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

I think all three should have to be maned. Heres the reasoning.

NC: shield will need to be lifed and raised frequently and readjusted to enemy movement. Limit it to between 90-130 degrees of shield andmake it a "turret" that the user can move, but only about 180-210 degrees. Shield would need to be visable, and should block most if not all incoming fire.

TR: Basically make it a more rapid fire turret, but again limit its rotation. I think this would need advanced eng or something as it might be to powerful. Then again, just shoot out the gunner

VS: Im thinking insead of regen, make it a semi cloaked, low rate of fire heavy laser. Even not moving, have it give off a shimmering effect, protect it with a weak shield (let maybe 1/2 dmg though) and give it a fairly high "recharge" rate(2-3 seconds). Have it do high damage, but a very clear streaking beam. That way we know where its coming from.

All should be able to be recharged with ammo/nanites. All should have a limit to amount per SOI(or distance between). By limiting range and making them manable only, they have disadvantages so not making them overpowering. But the increased functions of them would still be useful for both attack and defense.
Old 2003-02-28, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Unknown
First Sergeant

Interesting ideas, but don't forget: every measure hast to have a counter-measure. That is the essense of balance. All of those things would have to have some sort of weakness, or it would unbalance the game. Also, some of those things are already in the game, or could negate something in the game:

The TR turret? How about a clamped down TR AI MAX? Isn't that about the same thing?

The regeneration thing? What about medics? This doesn't need to turn into another BF42 where there's so many different ways to get healed that medics are essentially useless.

The NC shield? Wouldn't that be a tad hard to stop? Not to mention there's already the personal shield implant and the NC MAX shield. Even with the limited field/rotating shield, all they'd have to do is back into a corner and turn on the shield and it'll cover them. You could however, make it so that you can't fire through the shield - in or out, but you can just walk right through it (ala the shields in Episode 1). This would back up NC's shotgun philosophy, and would draw them in so they could pummel on them from short range.

Good ideas though guys, I'm just offering counter-arguments.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion