NC base wide bombardment! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Posting goofy quotes since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-01, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

NC base wide bombardment!

I recently got an idea. Get 5 enforcers and 10 infantry guys from NC. make sure all have Phnx missles and load up the enforcers trunks with spares. Now drive to the nearest enemy base and launch volly after volly after volly into the enemy base and drive off once they start to respond. Go rearm and do the same to another base. repeat one last time and then return to the first base. Continue this until u get bored, u kill all of them (lol jk), or u die. Anyways somewere in this pattern one base will get the idea to chace after my little band of pirates. We lead them around and dont kill any. Menwhile another squad hacks the base. The defenders will have to go all the way back toi the base b/c we never killed anyof them limiting the ability to respawn there.
Old 2003-04-01, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ginzue
First Lieutenant

There are so many weeknesses in that idea, I wont even start
Old 2003-04-01, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

this is kind of confusing, but i think i understand. THis sorta sounds like the 'seige' strategy, which i think is one of the simplest but miost effective out there, would be great to have about 10 Phenoixes surrounded by defensers and them just bombarding an enemy base.

Old 2003-04-01, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
tmax
Master Sergeant

yeah lets pay 12 bucks a month to shoot missles into a base...sounds like fun and all but the fun would last as mere 30 seconds
Old 2003-04-01, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nightmare
First Sergeant

Problem is, if a snipe concels himself well enough, he can kill a bunch of those pheonix guys. Plus, you can only get so may targets with one shot. If a whole bunch of guys spread out and charged at you with rockets of their own, you'd be in some deep trouble, but its a god strategy, because that probably won't happen.
Old 2003-04-01, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

i didnt go into much depth into it but ih vae it all planned out, to prevent snipes and other offenses, trust me. But guess waht, you aint hearin' it.

Old 2003-04-01, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Well, I think that expecting to draw people off and take a base with that tactic is kind of ambitious.

But that sounds like an extremely fun and relaxing way to pass the time as an NC player. In fact that post just convinced me to make my secondary an NC.
Old 2003-04-01, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Terik
Master Sergeant

But luc, all your characters have to be with the same empire.
Old 2003-04-01, 10:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DuDeMaN
Private

This would techinically be a valid tactic, except for one assumed fact. You are assuming that the phoenix's missiles will have a large blast radius. Since they are designed for anti-vehicle use, in real physics that would require them to be a shape-charged projectile, causing most of the explosion to go forward from the impact, a la Battlefield 1942. The rockets there do not explode in a large radius, but they do extreme damage on a direct or almost direct hit. I am hoping that all anti-vehicle explosives (not including the rocklet, thumper, punisher grenades and rockets, and hand grenades) work in this fashion instead of the large blast radius that a high-explosive, anti personnel explosibe would have.

"Good, bad... *shrug* I'm the guy with the gun."
-Ash, Army of Darkness
Old 2003-04-01, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Whoa wait -- I thought they had to be of the same empire, on ONE SERVER.

I'm pretty sure you can play as a different empire on another server.
Old 2003-04-01, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by mr_luc
Whoa wait -- I thought they had to be of the same empire, on ONE SERVER.

I'm pretty sure you can play as a different empire on another server.
you're right.

Old 2003-04-02, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Matuse
First Sergeant

All of the posts about strategies on using the phoenix make a lot of huge assumptions about just how guided this weapon will be.

I highly doubt you'll be able to turn 90 degree corners, or dive the weapon down air vents, or do basically anything but give it fairly rudimentry guidance. If it was as maneuverable as some wannabe NC's seem to think it is, it would make NC by *far* the most powerful empire. The idea here (empire rhetoric notwithstanding) is to have balance between forces.
Old 2003-04-02, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
RandoMTerroR
Master Sergeant

*cough* go inside? *cough*

really... what would u do if the defenders just dig in? cant expect them to just stand there and take it, can u?

Ohhh... and get a sniper up in a high point, find out where the phoenix's are coming from, and take them out...

And then theres the question of just how effectvie the phoenix is anti infantery like...

It is designed to be anti viechle after all...

Go get 10 guys with thumpers and then ure talking... Assuming that they have a long enuf range.
Old 2003-04-02, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Camping Carl
Major

Phoenix squads as you described would be pretty much pointless against infantry in an enemy base, but they'd be perfect for clearing max's and vehicals out. This could be done by attacking NC whenever defenders set up a line of max suits or tanks. It'll force them to either leave the base and chase down the attackers, or retreat indoors (which of course, isn't an option for tanks).

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-04-02, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

1. Take forever between shots
2. (snipers already done)
3. While you're distracted guiding those rockets, one Reaver, and it's all over for you and your buddies until you respawn. And they WILL track you doing this in less than a minute.
4. Infiltrators with knives, or any pistol for that matter
5. Very likely someone will screw up (especially if you're hiding in a forest) and grief you all (doesn't count for squad, but you'l still all be dead/injured). You could space out, but that would make your escape harder and make it easier for Inf. with a knife.
6. Enemy goes underground
7. You would not draw off anywhere near all of the defenders unless the enemy commander's on three or more halucinagens simultaneously, and even then most of the soldiers would laugh at him and stay put.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion