News: Incoming Special founders edition - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where dreams come to die
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-05, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Smed
CEO Sony Online

Incoming Special founders edition

That's not the name but I'd like to solicit ideas here about what we can put in it. We have our own ideas but we wanted to hear other ideas. Please concentrate on digital stuff for now.

Thanks

Smed
Old 2012-09-05, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Arkaiden
Private

Re: Incoming Special founders edition

-Classic armor pauldrons.
-BFR kill decals for your vehicles.
Old 2012-09-05, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hein Hoek
Private

Hello, I saw this and reminded me of Firefall.
All I would like to say is. Make it something that is not as silly as the founders pack of that said game.

This game deserves better then that.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Make it something that will last, and be unique. Achievement/title or displayable medal of course. For me I'm more interested in what you guys are doing for PS1 vets? there will be something right? I like the idea of exclusive PS1 troop skins, 1 per empire
Old 2012-09-05, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I actually think that Firefalls founder pack is rather awesome, but it wont fit at all for PS2.

As for PS2, well thats difficult.

For once, PS1 vet rewards (If you actually plan on having any at some point) and the founder pack seperated.
As for the actual content, hmm. A bunch of implants, some Station Cash, a special title. Thats the basic pack right there. Then maybe some gold plated weapon and armor skins (i would love to be a golden Max. ), maybe even Gold skins for some vehicles ( a golden Galaxy?).

Cant think of anythign else really. In any way, it shouldnt affect gameplay, means no new weapons or vehicles or something.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
TokyoZeplin
Private

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
For me I'm more interested in what you guys are doing for PS1 vets? there will be something right? I like the idea of exclusive PS1 troop skins, 1 per empire
Hear hear!
Old 2012-09-05, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Well, the obvious stuff like:
- Station cash (discounted. Like the 30 USD package gives you 40 USD worth Station Cash)
- An XP booster (please make it a player choice when to use it! In some F2P games those simply start when the game launches. That's bad. The player should have the freedom to choose when to use it)

Then the "gimmick" stuff
- unique skins only founders can get
- player title
- special badges/markings in the profile

And to be honest I would not go with the "founder tiers" idea, like having packages at 30, 50, 80 USD and so on. imho founders should be treated the same and there should be a single obtainable founders package that everybody can get. Those people who can put more money into the game can do so with station cash when the game launches. I just feel that being a "founder" should be the same for everybody. Not there being "founders" and "top founders" who get one time exclusive fancy stuff everybody else will never get because they do not have the money at this point.
Yes, that's very often the case but I simply think it's not fair towards other people giving the company money up front. It's not an issue post-release, but I feel it's a bit cheap pre-release, especially when there are exclusive items involved.

Last edited by Emperor Newt; 2012-09-05 at 04:32 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I would buy if there is a exclusive bfr cert in it.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SpottyGekko
Sergeant

A lifetime discount on Store purchases would be great

And some truly unique decal or vehicle skin, which will not be available to all players in the Cash Shop after 6 months... I'm reminded of the sunglasses that were in the Starwars Galaxies CE, which were totally unique in the game. You could spot a CE player a mile away. For the first 6 months anyway, then they were released to the general player base, because obviously they were just too "cool".

The goodies in the average MMO "Collector's Edition" or "Founder Packs" are usually only "exclusive" for the first few months (or even weeks) of game play. It would be really nice to have some cosmetic (and visible in game) perk that will remain that way for ever.
Old 2012-09-05, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

An exclusive voice macro or six declaring one's geezer-hood with references to the "old days", "back when real men fought", "when times were fiercer", and so on.

Digital medals, optional titles to add to character screens, unique uniform textures, access to discarded weapon models (not good enough to put in the store) and the like would be nice too.
Old 2012-09-05, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Dagron
Captain

What i'd like most would be unique cosmetic options (skins and/or models) to characters/vehicles/weapons but... no gold please, frankly it's lazy and a little tacky. Be more creative and a little more tasteful (no offense basti).

One skin i think would be awesome is some kind of "battle damaged" armor (like in the Space Marine game)... it could of course be done for vehicles (a vanguard with battle scars would look badass) and weapons (duct tape ftw) too. I feel it gives the impression that i've been fighting the good fight for a while now, which is adequate both for PS1 vets and for founders.

Oh, and i agree that vets should get something more too (i'm not one of them, but if i was i know i would love a little something extra).

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-09-05 at 06:28 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Stardouser
Colonel

How about as just one part of a founder's edition, some way of tracking outfits whose members buy it and the one who has the most founder's edition purchases gets a minor base named after them in a later continent? "Insert Outfit Name Here Peak" for example.

Also, what do 10 year EQ vets get? Kidding but actually...when it gets to SOE's 25 year anniversary, if none of your games have been running 25 years individually, what will those who are 25 year vets of one game or another get?

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-09-05 at 06:23 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
DaddyTickles
Sergeant

Unique weapon variations, minor armor buffs, medals or somesuch geegaws.

If its about raising cash then give Orbital Strikes for $80.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ipimpnoobs
Sergeant

I hope by founder you mean people purchasing premium account pre-release.

Ideas as follows:
1. Mascot bobble heads for all vehicles (hood ornaments if there is no cock-pit view)
`VS gets mini purple, black and teal T-Rex bobble head

`TR gets a mini red and black K9 British bulldog (dedicated to their dictator leader Total Biscuit) bobble head

`NC get a blue and gold, "fight the power Fist," with a cowboy hat bobble head

2. Every helmet on all armor sets have a significant feature, showing everyone they were there from the beginning. Can be toggled off. (spartan mohawk, gold chain, glowy, bling etc...)

3. Founders gun paint pattern. Shiny GOLD or PLATINUM Diamond plated. Think super rich dictators with those gold and diamond ak47's in the movies. (Hellz yea basti!!!)

4. Founders emote of a holographic slave you can belittle, free from captivity or teach astrology stuff. (predicated upon faction choice...get it?) It is the future.....is it not?

5. Founders have an emote that affects all players around them.
`VS lift their glowing hands in the air as if praying to aliens while chanting

`TR instills discipline towards the crowd, everyone around them salutes and they all stand at attention (march count sound plays in the background)

`NC lifts his "fight the power," fist high in the air, the crowd claps and cheers." (pro football stadium cheering sound plays in the background) (cowbells, whistling, ohhhhhhh etc....) Think battle cry!
(any kind of movement etc... negates effects)

6. Founders UI in game pages like class upgrades, vehicles and map have the option of changing colors. Maybe mac/iphone white, like star wars or something. Think super clean but really futuristic.

7. Your forum name and picture get a founders icon, showing ur leet status in-game and out. It also displays a special icon in chat when u type.

8. All founders get a -5 second spawn to any one vehicle permanently

9. For each player a founder brings to the game and they buy premium, the founder is credited with one free premium month. Everyone else gets a discount.

10. All founders, are exclusively given stock options at soe at a fair discounted subsidized rate. =P what...I got to look after my own interests. Can't fault me for trying....sheesh.

Last edited by Ipimpnoobs; 2012-09-05 at 07:40 AM.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ipimpnoobs View Post
10. All founders, are exclusively given stock options at soe at a fair discounted subsidized rate. =P what...I got to look after my own interests. Can't fault me for trying....sheesh.

Can't stop laughing

anyways, your list is pretty great
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion