Argh... empire pops - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Strangers have the best candy.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-19, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Argh... empire pops

Pops just seem to be gettin more and more out of wack.

Beginning of primetime : Pops even, conts reletivly even.

1. TR hit VS TR hit NC VS hit NC
2. 3 poplocked 2-way fights
3. 1 empire finishes first, often NC, they hit next best target

Middle of primetime : Winning empire goes up in pop.

1. Ability to field 3 poplocks allows for 2 offencives while defending all the winning empires locked continents
2. Loser empires get locked in poplocked fights with wachother and are soon only left with the continents they are fighting on.
3. Winning empire crashes one party with the other 1-2 poplocks defending.

End of primetime : Winning empire has signficantly more pop.

1. Loser empires down to 1-2 continents and begin to log off.
2. Winning side, eager to press on, stay online, population becoming more out of wack with empire hoppers.

Late-Night : Empire with highest pop and most locked conts totally rolls over other empires.

Population really tends to be the result of victory, however it creates a snowball effect.

My final point....

^^ Emerald ^^

By the way, NC did lock the world. I was playing my NC for a lot of the time, but lately I have been doin my part!
I made my tr a a couple days ago to help the wildy unbalenced populations. Also... nerf the reaver.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-04-19 at 07:47 AM.
Old 2004-04-19, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Amazing...what time was that at night Eldanesh? BTW, I'm thinking about switching to NC. My outfit is basically wasted.

Old 2004-04-19, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

They really need to lock players into one empire per server or make the pop benefits/penalties brutal.

And silver, I think you missed the entire point.
Old 2004-04-19, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Incompetent
And silver, I think you missed the entire point.
No I didn't, it means that whoever is winning, the majority switches.

Old 2004-04-19, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

or you could say it like this, people always jump ship from the losers (i.e. TR) and go to the winners (consistently NC.)
Old 2004-04-19, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

or you could say it like this, people always jump ship from the losers (i.e. TR) and go to the winners (consistently NC.)
I've been with TR ever since release and I have never switched sides, ever. I am just looking for an outfit with massive organization and The Enclave has that, period.

Old 2004-04-19, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Not my ss, but time is on there, that is the net result of empire hopping at 4 am EST.

Yesterday at 6 pm est tr had highest pop...

Also I saw you on your nc while I was on my tr silver, the enclave were fighting on western cyssor. I got a full br rocketspamming nothing but TE all night long

However, you got it right, if its great organization that makes an impact, BCP does a great job.

Oh and what happend to Shadow Dyn? I see a lot of SD guys running around w/ Unity as outfit now.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-04-19 at 10:55 AM.
Old 2004-04-19, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2004-04-19, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

On Markov, The TR have locked the world before. Recently, too.
Old 2004-04-19, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SilverLord
Amazing...what time was that at night Eldanesh? BTW, I'm thinking about switching to NC. My outfit is basically wasted.
This is why the populations are so unbalanced...people from TR mostly and sometimes VS are sick of having to use strategy to win instead of sheer numbers, so they switch sides making the problem worse. However, I believe that the true loyal TR troops (People who have decicated themselves to TR with a BR 19 or 20 troop) are the best damn fighters in the game...30 TR can hold off a base or tower from massive forces for quite some time. That is what keeps me TR, i like playing against odds and whenever TR scores a victory, it is well earned.

= Crack addict
Old 2004-04-19, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I was in on that last night until about 3:45 am, my sqaud entered cery, hacked the entire cont and at max saw 4 vanu... it blew...

i have a few tr characters that ive been playing latly just to get a chalenge... Its almost painful to play the moral is so low on that empire. Without getting into a weapons balence bitch fest, as far as tr are concerned their largest problem is lack of compitent leadership... there are some good cr5s but not near as many as nc has (dont know about vs)

Im hoping with the new population insentives that are in the works that some good leadership can come to tr.

However, when there is that rare situation when tr gather up some pride, it's a very exciting feeling. I remember a couple of weeks ago, all tr had was a base on cery. We held off the nc and vanu for around 4 hours, i was actually tired when that battle was over.
Old 2004-04-19, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Cryptica
First Sergeant

I think that any of the three sides are capable of rocking, and each team has their own good players. I've played both NC and TR (Never VS, could never bring myself to do it) and I found that on Emerald, TR have on average slightly better players. On Markov, I like the NC better mainly because they aren't assholes, whereas the TR are true Nazi's (for the most part) over there.
Old 2004-04-19, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

On Markov it never get this unballenced though it can sometimes get liek that, but there is normaly the VS that get tipped to

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-20, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Said it before, I'll say it again. The populations need to have a poplock of 40%, no empire should ever be able to field a greater than 10% advantage over both the other empires. If they must let players have access to multiple empires on the same server, FORCE them to play the underdog empire. Or MAKE THEM CHOOSE ONE EMPIRE PER SERVER.
/RANT OFF
Old 2004-04-20, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
flypengy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Majik
Said it before, I'll say it again. The populations need to have a poplock of 40%, no empire should ever be able to field a greater than 10% advantage over both the other empires. If they must let players have access to multiple empires on the same server, FORCE them to play the underdog empire. Or MAKE THEM CHOOSE ONE EMPIRE PER SERVER.
/RANT OFF
Dumbest thing ever. So just because I happen to log in 5min later I have to play a different empire than perhaps what my main is?

Populations have always had a away of balancing themselves out, with the surge nerf you'll see a lot of NC jumping ship. Besides, as that ss points out it was at 4am, populations are always at their extreme at late night/early morning.

The devs keep very good track of populations and in fact have a far better system than /who teams. They've made it known in the past that if any empire became to outrageously over populated something would be done about it. For instance lasher 2.0 when the VS would constantly have %45+

Last edited by flypengy; 2004-04-20 at 01:41 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion