News: Backstory For Your Eyes Only - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Is it just me or do the TR's chicks boobs look bigger in that pic?" -Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-11-09, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Backstory For Your Eyes Only

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...-only-2607.htm
Old 2011-11-09, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SgtMAD
Captain

Re: Backstory For Your Eyes Only

the NC has turned into The Tea Party
Old 2011-11-09, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Sweet. Corporations working with unions, small businesses, and citizens for mutual financial and political benefit, I like it.
Old 2011-11-09, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tapman View Post
Sweet. Corporations working with unions, small businesses, and citizens for mutual financial and political benefit, I like it.
It's like some kind of Neo Conglomerate.
Old 2011-11-09, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Edelhonk
Private

Well...seems the NC dont realy want "Freedom"...they want freedom and peace for their buisness.
Like the big banks today...think about it...
Old 2011-11-09, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
the NC has turned into The Tea Party
Well, now we have the Tea Party, Scientologists, and the TR. Oh boy.

Originally Posted by Tapman View Post
These are giant corporations, not small businesses.
Old 2011-11-09, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

I'm really curious as to what the Vanu story is.
Old 2011-11-09, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Edelhonk View Post
Well...seems the NC dont realy want "Freedom"...they want freedom and peace for their buisness.
It specifically states that getting government out of the lives of private citizens would be a top priority. Also, the government/military needs large corporations for R&D contracts (especially for alien tech!) and mercenaries to help protect them in foreign places. These corporations are successful enough to offer high wages that draw in quality people and it doesn't say anything about them not paying any taxes or being bailed out by the citizens after making poor business decisions.

Originally Posted by Crazyduckling View Post
These are giant corporations, not small businesses.
Mercenaries run in a small-business type model where they get offers, not to mention that these corporations will have factories that employ people and support families and they can't outsource for cheap labor because you're in outer space.
Old 2011-11-09, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MgFalcon
Captain

Awwww they had a Valentines Day summit! The NC WOULD have a summit on a corporate-induced holiday such as Valentines day!! (Feb 14th if I'm correct, I tend not to care about this "Holiday")
Old 2011-11-09, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

The New Conglomerate isn't the Tea party. It doesn't seem truly unified enough. Not to sound like a cliche' college student but the New Conglomerate reminds me more of the Occupy movement in the sense that it seems to be comprised of many different perspectives,ideals and goals that are attempting to colless (How the hell do you spell that word) and work together to defeat a mutual threat.

To me the New Conglomerate sound like the ideal result of Capitalism what with Greed driving innovation and progress....but we all know what else greed does...and I'm sure there are Corporations in the conglomerate who are out for their own good. As the Comm's state the Terrans do seem like they want to do good; but as we have seen before the desire to guide and protect can lead to stagnation and overbearing behavior. Those can also be dangerous as they stifle progress and growth.

This is some good shit. Were I to set my previous loyalties aside I really must say I would still be on the fence. Each Empire is making valid points. I'm really impressed with the quality of the writing now aswell. Def. Improving.

Also: Terrance Mattherson
Old 2011-11-09, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by HELLFISH88 View Post
Also: Terrance Mattherson
Lol, do you think it means something? Perhaps he's TR4LIFE.
Old 2011-11-09, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
HELLFISH88
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by HELLFISH88 View Post
It's like some kind of Neo Conglomerate.
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Lol, do you think it means something? Perhaps he's TR4LIFE.
It's probably this asshole.

BUT THEN

most likely still a Vanu Triple agent though.
Old 2011-11-09, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Edelhonk View Post
Well...seems the NC dont realy want "Freedom"...they want freedom and peace for their business.

Or the Mafia.

For all their talk of individual rights and freedom, it's still obvious what they're really after... I mean, those correspondences start off innocent enough....
"...it behooves us...to continue full observation and to make available to Connery our manpower and technologies in order to reap the financial and other benefits such discoveries will no doubt incur."

But then they let a few things slip and you can see hints of their strong-arm tactics, using money to dig their claws in and block any action they don't like...
"...Since he knows we would make money available—with all the expected conditions—it’s obvious to me he doesn’t want us as partners...I think we should...find a way to insinuate our companies into whatever he’s doing..."

"...We all know Connery’s a hardass and nobody can push him…But we can push everyone else he has to deal with.... [We] run the top nine banks in the T.R. federation and they have all applied for membership in Business Forward. So now we control his access to money..."

"...I am proposing bringing business, unions and, well, yes, even the mercenaries together in sort of a new conglomerate. Without engaging our services, Connery won’t be able to get to his rooftop penthouse, let alone the Moon Belt..."

We even have evidence of bribery:
"...If we loosen up our corporate money belts on a few Union issues, I believe we can get them to play ball with us...."

And Extortion for "Protection" services:
"...I’m guessing that [Connery] expects to need protection from something out there...Well, as you all know, those Guardian orgs are run by multi-billion dollar conglomerates...I’m sure you can see where I’m going with all of this…"

And all of this in the name of profit, apparently at any cost:
"If this works...I can see adding more than just a few zeroes to our bottom line..."

The New Conglomerate: Relieving you of your financial and political worries one Racket at a time...
Old 2011-11-09, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Honestly I see in this exactly what I would expect from a force made up of major corporations: greed, political manipulation, bribery, extortion, ect. But there is an obviously human element to these people, that frames their actions and shows true intentions behind them.

Mattherson sounds to me from what he says to be a smart and calculating business man; but we also see his own disappointment with what hes sees as a flawed system. Not just because he is a CEO who would of course like to see more profits, but as a person he feels restricted under Terran rule. He does not want to topple the T.R., he wants to offer an alternative. From everything he says we can see he does not want to break the peace either; he would rather legally give people the choice.

Sasha is displayed as a more cold character; she does not show any abundant emotional investment in the ideas being circulated here. She is a businesswoman first and foremost, and sounds to be the most grounded in the reality of what could happen if they oppose the Republic.

Then we have Geraldo, who is obviously the most passionate about this while still being optimistic in not just their goals but also the Republic being good people who would possibly be open to their ideals. This makes him the most dangerous person in a leadership role because he would be the most likely to become blind to the obvious greed that could surface in this "New Conglomerate".

Finally, there is Woodman. His part is short, with only one email; but his is probably the most telling. The only point he makes is "this can make us richer". He has no other outside goals, and even shows a bit of self-projection as he calls Mattherson "crafty"; implying he believes Mattherson had planned all this out before he even sent the first correspondence. Woodman is the harbinger of greed and corruption already beginning to creep into the N.C.s goals.

Another really important thing we should take into account is the method for which we are getting this information. This is not sugar coated as a release or a report that might be read; no this is a peek into the real people calling the shots in the N.C. leadership as they talk to each other. This is behind closed doors and even still there is some honest good in these peoples intentions; as well as the ever present hint of personal greed.
Old 2011-11-09, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Edelhonk
Private

ahhhh yes!!!!....muhahahaha...my post reached his final goal *evilgrin*

crush those moneyloving bastards...TR for life...Loyality until death and when it is the death of a smurf its even better...harharhar

Last edited by Edelhonk; 2011-11-09 at 08:43 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion