Punisher and Flechette Rifle..... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Keeping you away from your fridge.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-16, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Revenant
First Sergeant

Punisher and Flechette Rifle.....

Kinda self explanatory.
So how are they? Ups and downs?

Oh, and how does the Thumper handle too?
Old 2003-04-16, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Arthell
Master Sergeant

Im a fan of the punisher. Its more of an all-around weapon since it has the grenade-launcher. Im guessing it wil be used alot during the first portion of open beta/retail while everyone levels up due to its flexibility.

As for the punisher itself, its not the strongest weapon. It doesnt even come close to the thumper grenade-wise, and isnt as strong as an assault rifle, but it is a decent middle ground. I personally like it for medium to long range since it is decently accurate (and TR mini-guns tear you up in seconds in close range). After every grenade round you have to reload, which is the main drawback, but you can switch between your current ammo mode and grenade mode with the click of a button. (no animation)

The thumper is more versatile grenade-wise than the punisher, as you can set grenades on a 3 second timer (opposed to exploding on impact) which makes it very useful in basements and towers. I personally took out a TR max in a basement corridor with the thumper alone.
Old 2003-04-16, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Flechette rifle kind of sucks. I don't like it.
Old 2003-04-16, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Vash
Staff Sergeant

I love the Flechette Rifle/Sweeper Shotgun. I even have a config set up with TWO of them.
I usually have one loaded with standard rounds and one with AP for MAXes. Though if I'm not expecting to encounter the big guys, having both loaded with standard ammo works great since swapping weapons is a bit faster than reloading

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-16, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Revenant
First Sergeant

So is the flechette like a real shotgun? Only good in closed quarters combat?
Cause it says "medium" range on the weapon info page.

So which is it?
Old 2003-04-16, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Vash
Staff Sergeant

It's pretty much the sci-fi version of the Benelli M1.
It's used for room clearing and not much else since the spread's too great to be used effectively outdoors.

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-16, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

Off topic but quick question. How hard is it to set up configs for favorites? Is it something you can switch on the fly or is it a long drawn out process.

Sig By Airlift
Old 2003-04-16, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Vash
Staff Sergeant

Setting up favorite configs is pretty simple...

Just select your armor and all the gear you want at an equipment terminal, then select the 'Favorites' tab, click on an empty slot and hit Save. Currently you can have 10 favorite configs.

When you want to load a config, all you do is run up to an equipment terminal, hit G to activate it then hit whatever number favorite you want to use. Only takes about 2 seconds hehe

Oh, and as for creating a favorite from scratch, it depends on if you already know what you want and how fast a clicker you are.
But once you have a feel for the interface and what weapons you like, it'd probably only take about 20 seconds.

Last edited by Vash; 2003-04-16 at 09:01 PM.
Old 2003-04-16, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Vash
I love the Flechette Rifle/Sweeper Shotgun. I even have a config set up with TWO of them.
I usually have one loaded with standard rounds and one with AP for MAXes. Though if I'm not expecting to encounter the big guys, having both loaded with standard ammo works great since swapping weapons is a bit faster than reloading
Brings new meaning to the phrase "loaded for bear"

I was a shottie fan in CS, so this is welcome news.
Old 2003-04-16, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

Thanks Vash! Thats awesome!

Sig By Airlift
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion