Planetside Cheaters - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are my quotes that bad? I must suck...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-01-01, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
pscheaters
Private

Re: Planetside Cheaters

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Making claims before posting actual evidence is dumb.
Wow. Just found this ...

http://www.trxclan.com/forums/index....59b5f864915896

Ok yea ... TRx's own list of confirmed and wait a minute ... unconfirmed cheaters ?!?! Maybe you may want to consider making this TRx forum post non-public or break the link?

Hypocrit. Time to start choking on your own big fat [insert whatever you like here because I dont really care].

And you got me wrong there again ... I did not set out to get TRx banned. Having only resubbed less than a fortnight ago, I am totally unaware of TRx's reputation or in-game politics until 5 minutes ago (love Google).

Post-edit: Flames aside, to be fair, though there are many reports on the web, I do not believe the evidence until I see it for myself. I would NOT go so far as to brand the entire TRx clan as cheaters. My view is that they are in fact a bunch of very good gamers who take their pastime quite seriously but are unfortunately tarnished by a few bad apples.

Last edited by pscheaters; 2012-01-01 at 10:12 PM.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by pscheaters View Post
Wow. Just found this ...

http://www.trxclan.com/forums/index....59b5f864915896

Ok yea ... TRx's own list of confirmed and wait a minute ... unconfirmed cheaters ?!?!

Hypocrit. Time to start choking on your own big fat [insert whatever you like here because I dont really care].

And you got me wrong there again ... I did not set out to get TRx banned. Having only resubbed less than a fortnight ago, I am totally unaware of TRx's reputation or in-game politics until 5 minutes ago (love Google).
Forgot I even had that. Thought it was lost since I was under the impression the forums/website would go permanently down, apparently it came back up recently, thanks for letting me know.

I moved the document to a google document before hand.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US

I removed the unconfirmed cheaters list for 1 particular reason, that being that if I want to catch a cheater, seems like a bad idea to have a public resource available with a players name (with that being said, I may as well remove that unconfirmed list while I remember).

Hypocrite? No, someone who's giving advice over past mistakes? Yes.

As for not caring, you took the time to google an outfit over a matter which you "don't care about" as you say. Sure you don't care. I still believe in Santa. ./end sarcasm

I only assumed you were talking about us for the simple "rounding you guys up" in a response to me, which implies clearly more then you meant in this case. Not that it matters with TRx being a dead outfit. I also apologize for the misunderstanding.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex

Last edited by Effective; 2012-01-01 at 10:25 PM.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
pscheaters
Private

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Consistently falling on +x%, they could just be lagging all the time
Ok a brief tute on statistics. Latency/lag contributes random noise because ROF is a measure of number of rounds fired in the time duration between first round and last round. Even if a player is consistently lagging, then mean/average noise on ROF is 0. However, if ROF is consistently +10% or +15% higher, over a large measurement period, then bingo, we have 99.5% statistical confidence of an ... awesome player? Yea right.

I can explain statistical confidence in terms of Central Limit Theorem, sampling size and the Normal distribution also if you would like me to do that.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Ok a brief tute on statistics. Latency/lag contributes random noise because ROF is a measure of number of rounds fired in the time duration between first round and last round. Even if a player is consistently lagging, then mean/average noise on ROF is 0. However, if ROF is consistently +10% or +15% higher, over a large measurement period, then bingo, we have 99.5% statistical confidence of an ... awesome player? Yea right.
Then show us your marvelous evidence, or don't it won't matter.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-01-02, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

It seems like this entire thread has turned into an unproductive (not that it was terribly productive in the first place) flame thread - which seems to be exactly what the troll has desired. Using cheats to catch cheaters, while innovative (Read: Not innovative) is hardly commendable, nor is it at all productive, as it supports those who create the cheats.

Furthermore, this is in regards to Planetside 1, which, while I love it, has seemingly very little do with what Planetside 2 will BECOME based on what the devs have said in regards to cheat detection. We have little more information than that. Rather than not trusting them and their own ability to recognize cheaters and the importance of removing them from the equation in PS2, lets not presume that we, as all-powerful as pscheaters would like us to believe he is by buying some cheats and making a list (and checking it twice!) are any more capable of catching cheaters in the game that even he has claimed is rife with cheaters.

Let us INSTEAD take the opportunity to be constructive with ways that we can HELP dev's catch cheaters in this next, wonderful iteration of a game we all love to play.

What do yah say? More flames? or should we douse this fire to build a house worth living in, rather than watching our old one go up in smoke?

Last edited by CidHighwind; 2012-01-02 at 03:00 AM.
Old 2012-01-02, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
pscheaters
Private

Originally Posted by CidHighwind View Post
Let us INSTEAD take the opportunity to be constructive with ways that we can HELP dev's catch cheaters in this next, wonderful iteration of a game we all love to play.
What do you think one of my agenda is with these posts? Levels 2, 3 and 4 controls against game hacking described above requires increasing levels of support from game developers and should, rightfully, be exercised server-side (and possibly even client-side) by the game developers themselves.

Because PS2 is around the corner, the timing is better than ever right now to emphasise what cheating does to games and PS1's shortcomings. It kills games in 2 ways:
1. players without cheats quit out of frustration
2. players with cheats get banned or they get bored and leave eventually because the element of PVP challenge is gone

All that said, I am confident PS1 has a good team at the moment that are well aware of all these issues and have considered or are working on game designs that minimises the impact cheats can have on games.

Last edited by pscheaters; 2012-01-02 at 03:17 AM.
Old 2012-01-02, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

meh my eyes are bleeding
Old 2012-01-02, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

I bought a gun today, it was to go looking for people with guns. You all know how this will end.
Old 2012-01-03, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Traak
Colonel

Great idea. Too bad the list is so small.
Old 2012-01-03, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
pscheaters
Private

But I concur with Effect. This list is not going to work and I am thinking of taking it down already.

As players, we don't really have the means to fight the cheaters except lobby PS2 developers to consider anti-cheating game designs that ensure the painful history of PS1 do not repeat itself.
Old 2012-01-03, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
SKYeXile
Major General

I had a K/D of 250/0...in just over an hour... I did it with laser beams.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-03, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
pscheaters
Private

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I had a K/D of 250/0...in just over an hour... I did it with laser beams.
Yea ... too bad the guys in VR shooting range don't shoot back.
Old 2012-01-03, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
pscheaters
Private

Out of all this, the one thing I want to know is why games these days do not broadcast or publish who they ban.

It is good for the player community because they know that:
1. SOE is doing something,
2. it is good deterrent and warning to those that want to cheat,
3. cheaters are shamed and stand to lose their friends and all respect built within the community,
4. members griefed by cheats and who took the trouble to /appeal are appeased
5. other players get confirmation and closure on their suspicions

In the old days, kicks and bans are broadcasted.
Old 2012-01-03, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
SKYeXile
Major General

Yea ... too bad the guys in VR shooting range don't shoot back.
Do you doubt my power squire?

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-03, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I'm honored to be on your list.

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion