Driver/Gunners... NO! - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Seen In Fortune Cookies
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-10, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Personally, I'm almost under the impression the entire goal of the change is to encourage people to drive as many vehicles solo as possible for two reasons:

1. The devs think in zerg play and more than team game play and intend to have as many vehicles out there as possible

2. The more vehicles are out there, the more people will buy customized parts and skins.

3. More tanks means a larger drain on resources, so it might be in the hope that people go through their resources faster and thus either buy some boosters or have to gun or grunt after all.

None of those three arguments appeals to me.

To leave the actual argument behind for a moment as to "which is better", I honestly believe you're spot on with the reasoning behind the change. And really, when you think about wanting to cater to the casual players coming in, this is the most logical reasoning behind it all, and they've very nearly said as much.

As I said previously, I understand the need for money to pay for their livelihood and for the development of future games... But I dislike the "selling out" prostitute mentality so many developers take (not necessarily referring to SOE, just in general).
Old 2012-07-10, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by fod View Post
happens all the time in ps1

while you are pressing v to look behind you a chopper takes you out from the front because you wasnt looking in that direction
Yah, because i obviously couldn't see a chopper flying 200 feet in the fucking air. Thats why i'm one of the best tankers in battlefield and in Arma.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
Raymac
Brigadier General

This thread again?

OK fine. All this detail bickering is pointless. This is what it comes down to for me. The tank is an ASSAULT vehicle not a TRANSPORT vehicle. It's that simple. Let the pilots of assault vehicles control the main gun. For people that don't see a problem with the old PS1 style, I have 3 letters for you V-N-G. This can be a major problem for people that are not in organized outfits, and the game shouldn't cater to only us. If we learned anything from PS1, it should be that more players = more fun.

And don't even try to say that it removes teamwork because it takes plenty of teamwork to roll an armor column. Period.

So you want to be a taxi driver? Pull a transport, but let the people driving assault vehicles do what they do. Remember, this is a shooter, not a Driving Miss Daisy simulator.

Old 2012-07-10, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Yah, because i obviously couldn't see a chopper flying 200 feet in the fucking air. Thats why i'm one of the best tankers in battlefield and in Arma.
Just because someone makes goofy claims of superiority doesn't mean that it's so, you know... Especially on the internet. You already indicated in your earlier example, that you and your "excellent driver" buddy, are probably not all that hot afterall...

You reasoning on FoV just short of baffles me... In what world do you have 360 view? Especially in a game. I suppose you could put multiple monitors around you, to achieve something similar if a game supports it, but... I really just think you're full of shit.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
I have taken down Prowlers, Vanguards, Magriders, even BFRs, 1v1 with a Lightning. I plan to use the Lightning in PS2.
Then no offence, but they were some awful tank operators.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
fod
Master Sergeant

good for you

i dont care what you say NOBODY can keep there eyes all over the battlefield - 2 people>1

4 eyes > 2
Old 2012-07-10, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
Just because someone makes goofy claims of superiority doesn't mean that it's so, you know... Especially on the internet. You already indicated in your earlier example, that you and your "excellent driver" buddy, are probably not all that hot afterall...

You reasoning on FoV just short of baffles me... In what world do you have 360 view? Especially in a game. I suppose you could put multiple monitors around you, to achieve something similar if a game supports it, but... I really just think you're full of shit.
Arma 2 and battlefield 3 are two different ball parks buddy.

Full of shit? really? Thats how i like to expirence my gaming

Old 2012-07-10, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
This thread again?

OK fine. All this detail bickering is pointless. This is what it comes down to for me. The tank is an ASSAULT vehicle not a TRANSPORT vehicle. It's that simple. Let the pilots of assault vehicles control the main gun. For people that don't see a problem with the old PS1 style, I have 3 letters for you V-N-G. This can be a major problem for people that are not in organized outfits, and the game shouldn't cater to only us. If we learned anything from PS1, it should be that more players = more fun.

And don't even try to say that it removes teamwork because it takes plenty of teamwork to roll an armor column. Period.

So you want to be a taxi driver? Pull a transport, but let the people driving assault vehicles do what they do. Remember, this is a shooter, not a Driving Miss Daisy simulator.
Except it is NOT strictly an FPS. Everybody who keeps saying this is an FPS is at least partially mistaken. An FPS is Doom, Quake, CoD, Gears (kinda, although it's 3rd person). This has FPS elements in it, but all the vehicles and strategy overlay mean it is NOT an FPS. Therefore FPS reasoning is not NECESSARILY the end all.

As for noobs... Yeah, there will be noobs... There always are. And after a few days, they begin shedding their noobness. Why does everything have to cater to noobs at all levels? What's wrong with "Hey, this particular facet of the game, it really works better if you know some people and understand the game"

If something isn't good because it's not NOOB-friendly, then take out sniper rifles, mines, engineering, galaxies, and anything else that's fairly role or skill intensive because the FNG won't know how to do it properly. That's some of the more retarded reasoning I've heard YET.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Asisdead
Private

Press V to look behind you. I imagine a similar system in planetside.
What are you talking about? You cant do this in planetside (Unless im retarded) and I have not seen anything that says you can in the second one. Still doesnt solve the problem would be tapping whichever hotkey they add to make sure im not going to run into anything while driving backwards and shooting when they can just give people the option to do things as they were in planetside 1.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

Yes, you're right, they're two very different games. I did not imply otherwise... I implied you are full of shit, and I stand by my statement.

Moving on from you to TrackIR... Yes, TrackIR is awesomesauce.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Yes, you're right, they're two very different games. I did not imply otherwise... I implied you are full of shit, and I stand by my statement.

Moving on from you to TrackIR... Yes, TrackIR is awesomesauce.
And i imply that i am not full of shit.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
fod
Master Sergeant

You already indicated in your earlier example, that you and your "excellent driver" buddy, are probably not all that hot afterall...

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead - Track IR - PC -1080p - YouTube
is this your awesome skillz? (lol) cant see 360fov there - where is this 360fov?
Old 2012-07-10, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by fod View Post
is this your awesome skillz? (lol) cant see 360fov there - where is this 360fov?
Its called youtube. And that is not me, its an example. For TrackIR you need to kind of have that kind of FOV
Old 2012-07-10, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
Sephirex
Major

And i imply that i am not full of shit.
I know of both a toilet and a 8 year old girl that say otherwise.

Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 2012-07-10, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

i would only drive a tank that you cannot fire a gun if it is like this

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion