Quiz: What Empire should you join in PS2? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cloudy with a chance of Vanu.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-05-30, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
duomaxwl
Captain

Re: Quiz: What Empire should you join in PS2?

NC have a triple-barreled shotgun of doom. Easy.
Old 2012-05-30, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Gelmorn
Private

That was a great quiz, it really showcases the key points of the 3 factions. It really helped me to decide what faction to join at face value. But in the end it is actually playing the factions and where my friends are that will be the biggest factors on choosing a faction. But as it stands I am leaning towards the Terran Republic. Their gameplay sounds good, their color scheme is really good, and their numbers makes it seem like they will win eventually.
Old 2012-05-31, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Jayballz
Private

I already was leaning towards Terran Republic for the looks of their Vehicles, Armor, Color Scheme, and Weapons. I did the quiz and what do you know it reinforced my decision! Now I am TR till the end. XD
Old 2012-05-31, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
TerranTitan
Sergeant

If you want more insight on the TR, there is a nice little propaganda piece on my website that may help sway your decision to one side of the fence.

http://terran-republic.com/forum/thr...ns-the-owi.87/

Last edited by TerranTitan; 2012-05-31 at 02:34 PM.
Old 2012-06-01, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Gelmorn View Post
That was a great quiz, it really showcases the key points of the 3 factions. It really helped me to decide what faction to join at face value. But in the end it is actually playing the factions and where my friends are that will be the biggest factors on choosing a faction. But as it stands I am leaning towards the Terran Republic. Their gameplay sounds good, their color scheme is really good, and their numbers makes it seem like they will win eventually.
You're joining the Vanu Sovereignty. No, you don't get a choice. What's that? You said you had friends? They're joining too. No, you don't get to have a choice. This is conscription. Don't like purple? Too bad, at least your medic can tell when you're bleeding out. Don't think our tanks are fast enough? You know the only thing speed is good for? Running away. We don't run, we step to the right and then shiv the bastard right in the neck. What's that? You want a big 3 barreled mess of metal and scrap? Trying to make up for the weapon God gave you? Our weapons are the only ones that shoot straight and don't require you to take your target to prom night just to get close enough to do any damage. You want a pretty and sleek little bird that goes fast? Being pretty, sleek, and fast doesn't win dogfights. Turning radius wins dogfights and there's nothing that turns faster than a Scythe. Not even an NC when forced into a real fight can turn around faster. You like those TR with all their talk about glory, charging, and nobility? You know what's better than all that? Winning. And to help you with that our God given scientists have come up with a weapon that allows you to shoot around corners with out needing to put your pretty little face in danger of catching bullets. Now, are you going to suit up or am I going to have to introduce you to the wonder that is modern plasma?
Old 2012-06-01, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

I'm wondering if someone could tell me based on their weapon arsenals what empire fits me best.

In FPS game i'm usually using assault rifles, preferable lowish rate of fire, accurate and hard hitting; bolt action sniper rifles and such.

I'm not much of a spray and pray guy.

From what I've heard the TR is mostly high rate of fire, so I'm differing between VS and NC, but can't decide yet.
Old 2012-06-01, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
I'm wondering if someone could tell me based on their weapon arsenals what empire fits me best.

In FPS game i'm usually using assault rifles, preferable lowish rate of fire, accurate and hard hitting; bolt action sniper rifles and such.

I'm not much of a spray and pray guy.

From what I've heard the TR is mostly high rate of fire, so I'm differing between VS and NC, but can't decide yet.
Thats pretty much the NC in a nutshell. Slower firing weapons but any individual shot will do more damage then any of the other Empire's weapons. NC weapons do, however, tend to have smaller magazine capacity and I believe longer reload times. So you really have to make those shots count.

If accuracy is more important to you though then the VS take the cake since their energy based weapons don't have to worry about bullet drop off over range. Each shot goes exactly where its supposed to. The farther away you are from the target the less damage a shot will deal, unlike the bullet weapons the TR and NC use, but I'd imagine that effective ranges are comparable to any of the other Empires.
Old 2012-06-01, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
diLLa
Staff Sergeant

I see, I guess I'll just have to test both then, and choose what feels right.

I'm usually not a big fan of plasma, so I guess NC is first pick for now.

Thanks!
Old 2012-06-01, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
CB McNasty
Private

The quiz tells me TR... I was TR in PS1 and dont think anything could sway me away from TR.

What can I say.... I bleed Red!!!! Wait... What?
Old 2012-06-01, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Cheetah
Private

Nice quiz, had me in VS...

However, politics and ideals doesn't interest me that much (in a game). For me it will depend on one thing only. Which faction will have the superior air-to-air craft.

In the wiki it states the scythe (VS) is made to counter the mosquito and reaver. If that holds true, VS it is then... huh, guess the quiz might be right afterall then...

Then just... why purple?!?! *sigh*

-C
Old 2012-06-01, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
CuddlyChud
Staff Sergeant

This quiz is fundamentally flawed. The correct answer is always TR. Your personal preferences are immaterial.
Old 2012-06-01, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by CuddlyChud View Post
This quiz is fundamentally flawed. The correct answer is always TR. Your personal preferences are immaterial.
TR is the only correct choice.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
BloodySoul
Corporal

To the people who are wanting to go VS. Know that they WILL BE NERFED A LOT!!!

TR make it their goal to be OP and easy mode, but they have too much ego to admit it. You also have to deal with ZeroEnigma and we all know he's a cave monkey.

NC just get picked on because they are smurfs and usually get caught in the middle of most fights due to their weaponry.

The VS is the empire with the most skill seeing how they get the most Nerfs and complaints about them.

Important nerfs I took note:

TR: MCG (not that it really did anything), GODJOEY

NC: JACK Hammer, Gauss Rifel

VS: MAX, Magrider, Lasher, Lasher agian, and Lasher again until it was pretty much useless and the VS have to use their medium assault Pulsar to kill anything.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
GhettoPrince
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
Basically the question there is: would you rather be under the thumb of a fascist government or a consortium of profit-driven corporations?

Me? I strive to become something more, something greater. I strive to cast off the ignorant mythological dogma and petty differences of opinion that have shaped our society in the past and lead humanity to a new frontier of greatness, carried aloft on the wings of rapid technological advancement not seen since the late 20th and early 21st centuries. I am Vanu. I am Übermensch.
I played the hell out of planetside back in the day, and I still don't know the backstory of any of it. It really just boils down to whether you like to wear purple, red or yellow.
Old 2012-06-03, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by CuddlyChud View Post
Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
TR is the only correct choice.
you guys could start a war with talk like that. Chill dudes!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions