A bit of help please? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than Pizza Pockets and Dr. Pepper.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-12-15, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TheSinHarvester
Private

Question A bit of help please?

I've been playing PS2 for a few hours now and have a few questions I can't seem to find here on PSU. These will probably be some very easy to answer, lol, but for the life of me can't seem to find the answers to these.

1.) I know that big vehicle you can spawn on (don't remember the name of it) can supply you with ammo, but how else can I replenish ammo in the game? I seem to always run out of ammo very quickly.

2.) How can I find a squad of my liking in MY area? And not random.

3.) Is it possible to zoom in and out of the mini map?

4.) Most importantly, how do I get new weapons and other gear such as armor? Do I really have to pay with real money in order to get armor? Please don't say it's true....

Thanks for the help!
Old 2013-12-15, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: A bit of help please?

1) Ammo packs that engineers drop. Infantry terminals that act in the same way as those found on AMS Sunderers.
2) Click the social tab and you can shift through the listen platoons and squads if you like. Whether or not they will be to your liking is entirely up to you.
3) Yes. I don't remember the default keys for it, but you can check it in the options menu.
4) New weapons can be unlocked with certs or SC (Bought with money). All cosmetics, like different pieces of armour and helmets, are SC only. So yes, money only.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-12-15, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TheSinHarvester
Private

Is there a way to communicate with an engineer around me? Like, I play Battlefield 4 and if I want ammo I can just look at someone using the support class and press "Q" and it requests ammo from them. I'm assuming there's a hot key similar to this?

And thanks for answering my other questions.
Old 2013-12-15, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Same key. Look at someone and hold down Q. Pressing V brings up the voice options like "I need ammo".
Don't expect everyone to actually do as you ask

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-12-15, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
WarbirdTD
Corporal

3) The default keys for zoom out and zoom in are "[" and "]".

4) In order to "upgrade" armor, everything is bought with cert points only. In order to change the look of the armor, it's SC only. Anything that only has a cosmetic function will cost SC.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions