Let Factions Write / Rewrite lore for PS2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My god! What's that devouring your leg?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-22, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Re: Let Factions Write / Rewrite lore for PS2

I think the main issue with getting player involvement would be that SOE would have to take the time to figure out which community members are good/bad at creating new lore. As far as I know, they already have people they've hired to do that.

For the start of your post, I think it just hinges on the use of words with negative connotation in describing an empire, which is not something that should be done on the screen where every empire is supposed to be saying "PICK ME! PICK ME!".
Old 2012-07-22, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by jepaul View Post
You got picked last in kickball growing up? I surround myself with cyber studs who kill at a rate of 4/1. They could care less were their fucking gun comes from just as long as it work. Please spend additional time worrying about why vanu is purple.

No freaking wonder there are no competitive gamers in the community. Lore? Really? Fucking lore? I've spaced bar through every cut scene any MMO ever provided. Please let this be what my competition will be focused on. Please!

Story:

It was a cold Night on Esamir, and Neuro and his mates were sitting around a fire, discussing the History of Auraxis, and what the future may hold.
Suddenly, jepaul showed up, and yelled at them for no real reason. He kept yelling and insulting, even when Neuros mates tried to calm him down.
Then, suddenly, a Drop Pod came from the sky, dropped right besides jepaul, and a Vanu Max emerged from the Pod. The Shiny, purple armor had a few letters on them, "Basti" was engraved there. Basti looked at jepaul, jepaul looked at Basti, and Basti yelled: "INFRACTION, FUCKTART!"

Last edited by basti; 2012-07-22 at 05:45 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Story:

It was a cold Night on Esamir, and Neuro and his mates were sitting around a fire, discussing the History of Auraxis, and what the future may hold.
Suddenly, jepaul showed up, and yelled at them for no real reason. He kept yelling and insulting, even when Neuros mates tried to calm him down.
Then, suddenly, a Drop Pod came from the sky, dropped right besides jepaul, and a Vanu Max emerged from the Pod. The Shiny, purple armor had a few letters on them, "Basti" was engraved there. Basti looked at jepaul, jepaul looked at Basti, and Basti yelled: "INFRACTION, FUCKTART!"
I rofled so hard! Give me a hi5! No not the infraction kind.
Old 2012-07-22, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Atlas
Private

I'm still reeling at the guy using the term 'Cyber-studs'...lolz

On topic though - As has been posted, im sure SOE have an in-house writer, or at least have hired an outsider with an interest in planetside (hopefully). The story of a faction can really swing why someone might play for them. Someone posted earlier about EVE story factoring little into the game, which for the most part is true...But i still chose to play as a Gallente because of their back story (Drones & blasters early on too ), and that affected my immediate starting experience and could, if i was to play in Factional Warfare affect my end-game gameplay experience differently from an Amarrian or Caldari pilot.

And for the art of that Vanu dude...Im pretty sure the vanu secret police'll be after you for drawing a picture of their gods :P (My mental image of the Vanu was much more menacing than yours, but im not VS so )

Personally i like the idea of the factions having all the dirt in the backstory too, not just some glossed over fairy tale .

EDIT: By dirt in the backstory, i mean available to new starts when they're picking a faction.

Last edited by Atlas; 2012-07-22 at 06:29 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
jepaul
First Sergeant

Winning is all that matters.

And this isn't winning. Charlie sheen not withstanding. RP away my friends RP away.

Old 2012-07-22, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Daemonn
Private

Srs video game stats are srs. I'll manage to enjoy the lore and do it while mopping the floor with your ass. I hope you're playing something other than TR.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Daemonn View Post
Srs video game stats are srs. I'll manage to enjoy the lore and do it while mopping the floor with your ass. I hope you're playing something other than TR.
Lightening bolt
Old 2012-07-22, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Badjuju
First Sergeant

The importance of lore to an individual being subjective is purely subjective.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
The description for the vanu should be "alien worshiping cult".
Or "Alien-worshipping cult"

see vat i dad dar

Anyway, I agree- more lore.
Old 2012-07-23, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Renegadeknight
Sergeant

They really should say the good and the bad in the descriptions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion