Feel a little betrayed by tech test - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Able to ride a tricycle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-21, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Radant-J
Corporal

Feel a little betrayed by tech test

dont give a fuck anymore
let the thread die

Last edited by Radant-J; 2012-07-22 at 04:37 AM.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Re: Feel a little betrayed by tech test

Originally Posted by Radant-J View Post
Of all the anecdotes and stories posted here about who got into the tech test, now that it is basically over, it seems the vast majority [if not 100%] of the tech-testers weren't PS1 vets, but rather the lowest priority beta invitees.

I know that the real Beta invites are just around the corner and in the grand scope of things it shouldn't irk me so much, and yet it does. The whole point of the tech test isn't to reward certain players, or even to build hype for the game [hence the NDA], but rather to test out different hardware to see if the game will be compatible. Couldn't SOE have limited the test invites to Station Accounts with PS1 experience first and foremost? After which, if there weren't enough people testing the game, to THEN send invites to those with no PS history?

I know for a fact that many PS1 players have identical hardware to those who were invited, so it really isn't a matter of not having the right specs. I've seen the following argument posed on this forum:
  • "SOE should invite 'scrubs' and 'newbies' with highest priority because, unlike a PS1 Vet, they will make mistakes that will smooth out the experience for most new players." [Looking for Quests, Teamkilling, PVE mindset]
But I submit the following:
  • These things should be obvious. Restraints for TKers are a no-brainer, an easy-to-use interface and tutorial is already provided. This game is a first person shooter, not a traditional RPG. Any effort to make Planetside 2 easier for new players is a task well within the abilities of the talented developers.

PS1 players are not only veterans to the original game, but to First Person Shooters as a genre. All of you reading this thread know the basics of how to shoot and pilot vehicles, to say the very least. The TRUE value of testing with PS1 players is that they will be testing the minutiae of the game.

Who is more likely to discover a small and random bug, a new player who can't figure out which targets are enemies or friendlies, or a veteran player who will try to exploit the games flaws?

Stop QQ'ing, they don't know who people are when they look at specs.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Entitled cry baby.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Greenthy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Planetside 2 Community event "Uncut" (No game-play) - YouTube

Stop QQ'ing, they don't know who people are when they look at specs.
Read the post before u act all high and mighty please

I agree with the vid as well as the post.
Neither are excluding the other though:
Vets that play for 9years can get mad in that manner about ppl that play(ed) for 2 years.

It is however strange that SOE couldn't find the correct specs in the pool of priority users. Obviously no attempt was made.
Now I'm not QQing, just merely stating it is weird (as is the OP)
Old 2012-07-21, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AThreatToYou
Major

the tech test is to test the tech not the game
Old 2012-07-21, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Bittermen View Post
Entitled cry baby.
Hey, radant-j made a really good trailer for PS1, much better than SOE could ever hope to do. Show some respect.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ThGlump
Captain

I dont know on what base you make those numbers (maybe on regards you didnt get in) but there are tons ps1 vets in beta now.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Greenthy View Post
Read the post before u act all high and mighty please

I agree with the vid as well as the post.
Neither are excluding the other though:
Vets that play for 9years can get mad in that manner about ppl that play(ed) for 2 years.

It is however strange that SOE couldn't find the correct specs in the pool of priority users. Obviously no attempt was made.
Now I'm not QQing, just merely stating it is weird (as is the OP)
What? This makes zero sense in relation the post i made.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Radant-J
Corporal

I'm sorry you think something that would benefit the production of this game is "entitlement".

DAWinz:
Parsing for who among the invitees has a PS1 account or does not is not difficult.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Greenthy
Sergeant

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
the tech test is to test the tech not the game
Well true, but thats not how ppl see it:
They play the game (even if it's limited, that's the same as it would be in early beta)

I also doubt they'll be removed for when the actual beta starts, that would be really weird.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

I'm sorry you think something that would benefit the production of this game is "entitlement".

DAWinz:
Parsing for who among the invitees has a PS1 account or does not is not difficult.
You're a vet correct? What makes you more entitled to play a completely new game more so than the next average joe schmoe? Nothing does, you just played a game that some people didn't. How does that entitle you to something?
Old 2012-07-21, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Greenthy
Sergeant

What? This makes zero sense in relation the post i made.
So now you'll have to read both his and your post to see the connection
(Trolling ?)
Old 2012-07-21, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Radant-J
Corporal

Also:
I don't care if a player has played Planetside for one year, or for nine. If you post on these forums, you've already displayed an interest in the series more than the average person with a Beta code. You deserve to be in that test more than they do, not out of entitlement, but out of your experience to playtest and recognize SOME resemblance of balance, akin to the previous game.

Last edited by Radant-J; 2012-07-21 at 08:05 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Greenthy View Post
So now you'll have to read both his and your post to see the connection
(Trolling ?)
Yes, im trolling because the Devs were adressing all of the "Vets" who didn't get in and would start QQing.

Also:
I don't care if a player has played Planetside for one year, or for nine. If you post on these forums, you've already displayed an interest in the series more than the average person with a Beta code. You deserve to be in that test more than they do, not out of entitlement, but out of your experience to playtest.
Uhh hate to break it to you, but not even 5% of the population that will play Planetside 2 posts on these forums, hell, out of the 20 friends i know who i showed planetside 2 to and have beta keys want to get their hands on the game so badly. They show great interest, but they don't post on these forums. This is a fansite, not official.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Greenthy
Sergeant

Yes, im trolling because the Devs were adressing all of the "Vets" who didn't get in and would start QQing.
Clearly you misheard, as it's about there always being 'a guy' that will QQ because he thinks he's entitled more than somebody else who got in.
(As will be the case in a gradually ramped up beta)

Priority users and non-priority users however =
clear distinction between the two.
It is even if you pick from the priority list, you'll still get ppl to QQ in this manner.

If these players stay in beta (not saying they can't) it would just mean their views on the priority list are not the same as the community has understood them to be.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion