[Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How many greif points do i need for a certification
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-26, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Crator
Major General

Re: [Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?

OzzieWolf, everything you said can be refuted by this statement, which you seemed to ignore: ~*News Flash*~ You can hook up a controller and a TV to a PC.

I've never said that a mouse was not better, for aiming purposes. That I do agree with. But, there's no reason that someone can't use a mouse + gamepad without a keyboard (which would allow playing from the couch fairly easily). Not to mention, if the game developer can make the game operate properly (without aim assist or something to attempt to balance things between input devices) and perhaps even a controller that capabilities to operate with the precision of a mouse for aiming then it's a mute point I think.

Does everything have to be, matter of fact, instead of innovate to fit problem?

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-26 at 11:32 AM.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Re: [Survey] Should the Playstation 4 version of PS2 support keyboard and mouse?

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
OzzieWolf, everything you said can be refuted by this statement, which you seemed to ignore: ~*News Flash*~ You can hook up a controller and a TV to a PC.

I've never said that a mouse was not better, for aiming purposes. That I do agree with. But, there's no reason that someone can't use a mouse + gamepad without a keyboard (which would allow playing from the couch fairly easily). Not to mention, if the game developer can make the game operate properly (without aim assist or something to attempt to balance things between input devices) and perhaps even a controller that capabilities to operate with the precision of a mouse for aiming then it's a mute point I think.

And exactly how many people do you think will choose to use a gamepad + mouse? Sure, it might level the playing field, but really? Amidst all these other alternatives, do you really think Planetside 2 can succesfully barge in and force people to use a mouse on a console? Sure, it's a minor thing to do, but people who buy consoles never thought they'd have to do that, and so many people will choose to play BF4 instead.

Why cater to a tiny minority if it means lowering the game's appeal to the majority?
Old 2013-06-26, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Memeotis View Post
Why cater to a tiny minority if it means lowering the game's appeal to the majority?
Do you have any proof to the claim that you are only catering to the minority? I don't see why restricting players to one method or another is a good thing. The more features you offer customers the better. Also, this statement doesn't address the matter of innovation with the game and controller that I stated previously.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-26 at 12:20 PM.
Old 2013-06-26, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Ozziewolf
Private

You are trying to refute what was said by giving a terrible option by saying that players can use a controller on the PC. I refuted what you said by explaining that it's terrible and if something is terrible then it's a non-option. Quoting what you said again isn't refuting what I said. What I said is refuting your statement.

Using a controller on PC is absolutely horrible outside of vehicles and no one wants to do it. No controller player wants to play against a keyboard and mouse player and most console players will reject games where they're at such a massive disadvantage.

There is no reason a person can't race a moped against a motorcycle for money but good luck finding some one who is willing to.

Last edited by Ozziewolf; 2013-06-26 at 12:53 PM.
Old 2013-06-26, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Do you have any proof to the claim that you are only catering to the minority? I don't see why restricting players to one method or another is a good thing. The more features you offer customers the better. Also, this statement doesn't address the matter of innovation with the game and controller that I stated previously.
I can't give you any. What I can do, however, is ask you to explain to me why DICE and Activision doesn't allow KBM-support in their games. If your logic is as sound as you say, then it's stupid of them not to.

As for your point on innovation. What do you even mean? Innovate? Create a controller with the precision of a KBM? Again, if it what that simple, it would already have been done.
Old 2013-06-26, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Lucidius
Private

I think it would be kind of un fair.

The whole benefit of a console is that people get on an even footing. No one has better FPS or better graphics detail giving them an edge. I think it would defeat the purpose of why I WOULD play on a console if I do get a PS4.

The flip side to that, it'de be an alternative for M+KB players who have shit computers.
Old 2013-06-26, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Crator
Major General

As for your point on innovation. What do you even mean? Innovate? Create a controller with the precision of a KBM? Again, if it what that simple, it would already have been done.
Technology changes all the time. I've said what I want to say in regards to this topic here, and in other threads.

Originally Posted by Ozziewolf View Post
You are trying to refute what was said by giving a terrible option by saying that players can use a controller on the PC. I refuted what you said by explaining that it's terrible and if something is terrible then it's a non-option.
I've actually seen existing PC players post about using the gamepad controller + mouse, because that is their preference. And they didn't seem to have any problems using this setup against other players. I've posted the link to the official PS2 forums thread about this in the other thread we had here on PSU already. So what you are saying is entirely opinion based and not fact.

EDIT: Here's the link to that thread on PS2 forums --> Is this game controller supported?

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-26 at 01:53 PM.
Old 2013-06-26, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Ozziewolf
Private

Technology changes all the time. I've said what I want to say in regards to this topic here, and in other threads. Ozzie, I have no idea what you said above, sounds like you are looping your statements. I'm out....
Looping sort of like the BS line and then once that gets refuted you try to refute it by requoting the bs line. I have no idea why you would see a loop in response to a loop.
Old 2013-06-26, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Ozziewolf View Post
Looping sort of like the BS line and then once that gets refuted you try to refute it by requoting the bs line. I have no idea why you would see a loop in response to a loop.
I actually did add something to what you said to my post. The looping part I ignored but I did respond to you. Sorry, I was confused initially. BS line? How is the line I re-posted BS? Now you are just arguing to argue? If so, I don't want to get into a pissing match, waste of time really.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-26 at 01:55 PM.
Old 2013-06-26, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Ozziewolf
Private

I actually did add something to what you said to my post. The looping part I ignored but I did respond to you. Sorry, I was confused initially. BS line? How is the line I re-posted BS? Now you are just arguing to argue? If so, I don't want to get into a pissing match, waste of time really.
BS line wasn't saying your line was BS. It was quoting part of what you said as reference to what I was referring to.
Old 2013-06-27, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

Technology changes all the time. I've said what I want to say in regards to this topic here, and in other threads.
This is not a matter of technology or improvement. These are two mechanically different inputs that each have their own pros and cons. They're going to improve in terms of the technology, sure, but they're not going to converge, because it's the fact that they are different that gives them their respective advantages.

The analogue sticks will always be at a disadvantage in terms of precision, because it has to have a minimum and a maximum speed at which the cross-hair moves - the mouse doesn't suffer from this. On the flip side, the analogue sticks do have the benefit smooth, directional movement and the ability to adjust the speed at which you run and drive, rather than the binary input of on or off.
Old 2013-06-27, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Crator
Major General

This is not a matter of technology or improvement. These are two mechanically different inputs that each have their own pros and cons. They're going to improve in terms of the technology, sure, but they're not going to converge, because it's the fact that they are different that gives them their respective advantages.

The analogue sticks will always be at a disadvantage in terms of precision, because it has to have a minimum and a maximum speed at which the cross-hair moves - the mouse doesn't suffer from this. On the flip side, the analogue sticks do have the benefit smooth, directional movement and the ability to adjust the speed at which you run and drive, rather than the binary input of on or off.
I've already stated that I agree with the mouse argument in regards to aiming. Doesn't mean some new technology could not be created that fits on a controller to remedy the issue. I would think putting a track ball on a controller would suffice actually.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-27 at 08:01 AM.
Old 2013-06-27, 08:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Maidere
Sergeant

I'm not sure if mouse has great advantage over the gamepad in game with the aim assist.

Last edited by Maidere; 2013-07-03 at 07:26 AM.
Old 2013-07-03, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Memeotis
Staff Sergeant

I'm just going to bump this to get some more answers.
Old 2013-07-03, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
almalino
First Sergeant

Yes, I'm for mouse and keyboard support on PS4.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion