So I made a couple outposts... - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Go away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-12-14, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: So I made a couple outposts...

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Cobalt can't be taken by the direction you indicate. If for some reason non-LA can get up there let me know and I'll fix it. LA should be the only ones not getting in via the two choke points and that's by design. Advantage of being LA.
God it's refreshing to see and hear from somebody that understands that 'defense' doesn't just mean 'counter-zerging.'

Malorn, old comrade... at risk of sounding Doukishly over-the-top melodramatic, you may be the last best hope for this game to unfuck itself. While you work, other bases are being nerfed. The tech plants have their generators OUTSIDE now, FFS.

More bouncy pads. More bland posts from the rest of the dev team about 'active defense' being the end-all. More tripe about 'keeping the game moving.' And now this ridiculous insta-switching of empires within game so I can infiltrate the enemy, blow *their* gen, then switch back to my 'own' side. All these finely calculated moves to appease the ADS mid-late teeniebopper demographic that will get bored and melt away in four to six months...

We need you. Your expertise as an engineer and old-school gamer, your erudite analysis of game mechanics and base design... all of it. Press on. And continue to keep us posted.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

main problem with infantry combat is a2g dominance via liberators and rocket pods, otherwise base design is mostly fine, as far as that goes. There needs to be less campy situations with air and tanks overall across the board with all bases and outposts. If you were responsible for the tech plants recently, that was a backwards move.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-12-16, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Man, I still haven't gotten a chance to get down to Jaeger's fist with the notable exception of a brief, late to the party defense and there's no way in hell I'm going to base anything off of that.
May have to temp. switch factions to get time down there.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion