Comic: Cosmic Comic #7 - Forlorn Respawn - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Follow the white rabbit
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-09, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Re: Cosmic Comic #7 - Forlorn Respawn

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I had to go look it up. It's a COD thing.
Your right mostly, but generally the point isnt so much to have areas that you do it, its so you get good enough you can do it on the fly, and to execute it for the winning kill cam to lord it over everyone else. Which is why most of the pros at it play search and destroy, no respawns and the round is over in a minute or so. Law of averages, your going to get something impressive eventually if you throw enough grenades or tomahawks.

Like i said before its not something that i particularly find impressive, hence Satire. But its an aspect of computer games that i enjoy, taking a pre defined system provided by the developers, and changing its meaning, or adding to it. COD in particular had a higly competative attitude, so it was only a few steps away from being considered an e sport, with this kindof trick shot mentality.

Its almost along the same lines of GTA4, me and my friends used to play this game where i would drop 3 of them onto a buildings roof, and they would then try to make it to the ground safely. The first to touch the ground and survive won. You had tense games of people shimying on window ledges, smashing their faces on fire escapes, making impossible jumps because they paniced or jumping onto cardboard boxes to break their fall. I had more fun playing that mini game than the actual campeign. Thats what i like about games, its what i think trick shotting resembles in its own way.

And hopefully its what planetside 2 is all about. Lets hope i can drop C4 while i hot drop and blow it before i hit the ground so i land in an amazing fireball.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.

Last edited by Cosmical; 2012-04-09 at 08:48 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Its almost along the same lines of GTA4, me and my friends used to play this game where i would drop 3 of them onto a buildings roof, and they would then try to make it to the ground safely. The first to touch the ground and survive won. You had tense games of people shimying on window ledges, smashing their faces on fire escapes, making impossible jumps because they paniced or jumping onto cardboard boxes to break their fall. I had more fun playing that mini game than the actual campeign. Thats what i like about games, its what i think trick shotting resembles in its own way.
Not playing the game as intended is the best game. I remember doing a 4 man legendary run of Halo 2 with friends. The final level we turned into a race with 2 2-man teams. Every time we reached one of the spare warthog points we swapped the gunner and driver of the hog. We also shot each other while driving through the flood hordes. We ended up blowing up and losing but my friend spun their hog off the final ramp so it landed backwards into the transport. The slow motion camera that watches the final jump just made it that much more awesome.
Old 2012-04-10, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Not playing the game as intended is the best game. I remember doing a 4 man legendary run of Halo 2 with friends. The final level we turned into a race with 2 2-man teams. Every time we reached one of the spare warthog points we swapped the gunner and driver of the hog. We also shot each other while driving through the flood hordes. We ended up blowing up and losing but my friend spun their hog off the final ramp so it landed backwards into the transport. The slow motion camera that watches the final jump just made it that much more awesome.
hah awesome. Anyone else got any games within games stories? Its my thread i can do what i want.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Vancha
Colonel

I'm amazed at how many people here didn't get the punchline...

For a forum full of gamers, you'd think more people would be aware of the popular FPS tropes.
Old 2012-04-10, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Shogun
Contributor
General

But yeh....Higby liked it.... so basically, im happy. And naked.
yeah, that´s the only way to be!
the last pic in the "draw" comic is you, dancing naked in joy?

planetside has to be played naked as well. the most successful gamesessions are those where you only wear a funny hat. (and inform every slain enemy about it)

about your problem with comic feedback, i´ll try to specify more to get you some detailed info what works for me, and what doesn´t.

i don´t care for grammar errors, i´m not a native english speaker, so as long as i comprehend what you want to say, i´m fine.
in the draw comic i loved the creative way of the sheriff to kill people. especially the guns on strings part and the bulletcounting. but i didn´t quite get the suicide ending.

on the respawn comic, i totally loved the pig-part and all the random achivements. the god part reminded me a little of matrix worked fine, as well. only didn´t get the piruette 360 shot training picture at first glance
but the intention that they all made the same matrix experience was very clear and worked well.

the very best things in your comics are the subtle almost hidden small references! like the vanu logo in the first comic, or the crystal being abused and deleted, the sPaWN in the infiltrator 1 comic or the dead bird nc logo. those things are sooo cool and i keep looking for them in every comic again and again

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-04-10, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Graywolves
General

hah awesome. Anyone else got any games within games stories? Its my thread i can do what i want.
Victory knife fights in Planetside?

And the conga lines.
Old 2012-04-10, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
Victory knife fights in Planetside?

And the conga lines.
YES! conga lines for the win! that was some insanely stupid but funny thing to do while having to wait 10 minutes with no enemys left on the cont.

but it was even more fun, to suicide bombdive unsuspecting enemy congalines with a phantasm...

Old 2012-04-10, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
ThirdCross
Contributor
Corporal

Re: Cosmic Comic #7 - Forlorn Repawn

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
so what exactly is a 360 noscope headshot?
Originally Posted by Zhane View Post
Yeah I had absolutely no idea what that term or the ending meant. A little too obscure there.
Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Must be a COD thing. I didn't play it, but played a lot of battlefield and that terminology never came up. I see that sort of thing and think "aimbot", not 360-whatever.
Haven't any of you at least played Counterstrike?

Anyways, definitely one of my favorites. You need to make Brash Adams a recurring character, the world needs more rad maverick renegade stories.
Old 2012-04-10, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Shogun
Contributor
General

i played counterstrike. but only in its first few versions and only on lan with some friends. cs on internet could not convince me. team fortress classic was so much better.

Old 2012-04-10, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

yeah, that´s the only way to be!
the last pic in the "draw" comic is you, dancing naked in joy?
Actually it is the guy from my Chinese New Year comic, who i guess is kindof based on me. But i generally like to reference him because hes the stupidest character ive ever made, and i love it.

but i didn´t quite get the suicide ending.
Basically, if i can ever be bothered to draw more. The two guys in the bar are two "beings" that have spent eternity on earth inhabiting bodies and killing each other, they cant die. Only their bodies. As far as not getting it goes, you arnt supposed to. Your supposed to go "WHY THE HELL DID HE DO THAT?". the Answer being, he lost the fight. And thats his foreit.

on the respawn comic, i totally loved the pig-part and all the random achivements. the god part reminded me a little of matrix
God if you wanna see a more blatant matrix reference read my Valentine comic. Theres abit in the middle (the start is crap) thats pretty much a blatant copy (which i realised afterwards).

the very best things in your comics are the subtle almost hidden small references!
Funnily enough those are the things i enjoy including. I wish i could get paid for this shit, then i could spend hours just adding lil ideas. But as is i just get burned out on drawing and colouring, and im happy to kick it out the door with bare essentials.

Im surprised no one has called out the "Show us your chops" lil joke. Which is god laughing at him that he knows hes going back into a pig body. Or the Wolf 359 references which is where Captain Sisquo from Star Trek loses his wife.
Old 2012-04-10, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Shogun
Contributor
General

thanks for the answers!

guess i should have checked the meaning of the word chops to fully enjoy this

i knew that wolf 359 was the battle against the borg where most of the fed fleet was whiped out, but i never liked ds9, so if this series had something happen there as well, i´m not informed

but i laughed none the less. you tend to include enough jokes for everyone to get some

don´t rush too much if you burn out. just take your time. we enjoy your comics so much, we can afford to wait some days. we don´t want you to have enough of this too soon, you know?

by the way, the nr.8 is just another gem! thanks again. and whenever you got no nc camo volunteer, feel free to use me again ;D and quit apologysing for letting your camos do stupid stuff. it´s an honor to be in your comics, no matter what you do to us.

Old 2012-04-10, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

by the way, the nr.8 is just another gem! thanks again. and whenever you got no nc camo volunteer, feel free to use me again ;D
Heh dont worry, youre my go to NC grunt. Unless others apply.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion