AOE heal, revive - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where god is underpowered
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-02-24, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ThGlump
Captain

AOE heal, revive

Did they turn medic class into mage class? Using SKILL to aoe heal and reviving? If its there i really hope its some sort of deployable, or consumable and not some lousy skill. And of course reviving should take some time. This aoe revive sounds like instant.

Also did i hear correctly about healing and reviving GRENADES? (healing/reviving at distance). That also looks like that reviving dont take any time.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: AOE heal, revive

I say beta on this one. If it's cooldown-based (as stated), than spamming shit wwith them won't work.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NEWSKIS
Corporal

Like everything else for PS2, there are no specifics on how it will work, for all you know there could be some major drawbacks to it.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Knightwyvern
First Sergeant

I believe they are one and the same. I.E., the AoE heal/revive IS the grenade choices for medics.
I do hope they are quite limited in number of use.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Wakken
Sergeant

Im a pries... I mean medic!

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DayOne
Captain

I'll be waiting for the youtube videos where 20 guys get mowed down in a corridor by an AI MAX and someone throws a revive grenade!

I agree though, it's very mage like.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Myomoto
Private

Healing 'grenades' sounds pretty crazy. I'm guessing that the 'grenade' will just stick around and create a small AoE healing zone for a little bit of time, instead of actually 'exploding' with health.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Being a medic as a second spec I support this tool. Brink had that lazarus grenade that didn't look mage at all. But I say again - this one is beta-decision only. You just won't have enough people in an internal test to see how it works.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DaddyTickles
Sergeant

I love the idea of healing grenades. I just hope they explode with little pink flowers or hearts, lol.

I think Higby is an old fashioned hippy at heart.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
MooK
Staff Sergeant

Cooldowns. AoE. Really sounds like some generic MMORPG. I'm not a fan of healing grenades either.

I want my medic to perform surgery during battle, damnit.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I think the label of the power ruins it's purpose. A healing aura just sounds cheesy, but you call it a Dampening Field and make it reduce damage and you get almost the same thing but in a more tasteful way.

Dampening Field - The Medic generates a field in his radius that slows ballistics and absorbs concussion, thus reducing the damage to those within the field.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-02-24, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sighpolice
Corporal

Any form of reviving is counter productive to any defence/assault.. if it took you 15/20 seconds of using a reviving tool and pretty much all of your medic gel (planetside 1 style) then it wouldn't bother me, it was hardly any use in any real fighting situation, only when the fighting was over

the idea of "instant" reviving is just.. pathetic, everyone knows how it feels to play bf 2 (yes, 2) and bc2 will tell you that its so shit when you are fighting the same 3 guys over and over in the same building cause their 4th squadmate is bouncing around like a small dog on cocaine magically reviving them. Its not fun, its not strategic, its just flawed boring grinding gameplay
Old 2012-02-24, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MooK
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I think the label of the power ruins it's purpose. A healing aura just sounds cheesy, but you call it a Dampening Field and make it reduce damage and you get almost the same thing but in a more tasteful way.

Dampening Field - The Medic generates a field in his radius that slows ballistics and absorbs concussion, thus reducing the damage to those within the field.
Sounds more engineer-y to me.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sirisian
Colonel

Huge fan of these abilities. I wrote a thread about implants similar to these. It's nice to see developers thinking outside of the box for an FPS for once.

Sadly many people are going to misinterpret cool ideas for being too closely linked to their favorite MMORPG and freak out. That's kind of disappointing that people will throw away good ideas because of that. I've seen that a lot in this community where an idea has an implementation in a game they've played and they immediately assume and lock onto that implementation and assume it's identical in Planetside 2.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post

It doesnt have to be some mage stuff to work in scifi enviroment. Nanites are part of the lore. Lets say that you have some in your armor, and medic can have wireless connection to nearby soldiers, with specialized programs commanding nanintes to heal you. Effect would be just the same as healing aura.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion