New models for the Jackhammer, Cycler, and Bolt Driver- see inside! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Real life is over rated.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-06, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Technicly speaking, all of the MA weapons aside from the sweeper and pulsar(arguably) are actualy sub-machine guns because they fire pistol ammunition.

A new gauss would be aprieciated as well, especialy considering it's my primary weapon.
Old 2004-03-06, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

the more i look at it the more i like the idea of your new JH design as a new Cycler Design
Old 2004-03-07, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
xx7xx
Private

I made the cycler model to use 5mm caseless ammo, similar to what an advanced assault rifle might use if it were designed today. As such, a huge clip really isn't nessicary. But, I can put a big drum mag in there if it looks better

Additionally, I can increase the size of the barrel assembly, to make it bigger, but I kinda liked the short stubby look. Thought it made it look more 'muscular'. Additionally, I'm trying to design the look/feel based on real life considerations, such as how big the ammo would actually be, and how much ammo each gun carries, and then size the mags to that, and then the rest of the gun around the mag, etc.

You guys crack me up. Now I know how the devs feel: "the sniper sucks!... the sniper rules! the cycler rules! the cycler looks like a suppressor!" LOL. Keep em coming!
Old 2004-03-07, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

yeah enlarge that CYcler barrel and you got it... however the clip is too wide if we're to judge this right. use a pic of an M-12A2 to get a Handgrip/clip ratio idea. the rounds for the two should be about the same size.

also morph that sight on the JH a bit so it's more something you'd throw on a shotgun of it's style... perhaps an Ammo counter?

Last edited by SlyMarbo; 2004-03-07 at 03:53 AM.
Old 2004-03-07, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Otherick
Sergeant Major

I like that new jack hammer the most. Though if it was up to me, I would make that new jack hammer into a Common Pool Heavy Weapon. It just looks to good to be the Jackhammer
Old 2004-03-07, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
GAJ VESTITE
Private

Their ok but goin away from the games style! The cycler looks nice tho :o)
Old 2004-03-07, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Kyraal
Contributor
Private

My first impression is that the scopes could be a bit more different - more empire-specific. Though it would be natural, I suppose, for the NC to use some of the techonology of the TR, because they're a fall-off of them.

In its current design, I guess your new Cycler model could benefit a bit from using bull-pup technology.

Good work, I think
Old 2004-03-07, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

When you gonna give us more? I've been waiting for new models!
Old 2004-03-07, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
PhoenixTypeX
Corporal

Don't get me wrong you have done an amazing job however isn't this pretty pointless as the dev's won't take your models as they would have to pay you royalties for the use of them. I love the guns and would love to see them in PS, I might be being ignorant here but PS does not support replacement models like counterstrike does it?

Again.. GREAT MODELS
Old 2004-03-07, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Otherick
Sergeant Major

not to my knowledge. Though if you made that as a skin for a gun in CS or some BF mod that would be great
Old 2004-03-07, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

doesn't Halo PC support skin MODS?
Old 2004-03-07, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

I like the old ones.

You DO realize that 5mm is crap, it won't penetrate shit if its life depended on it?
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-03-07, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

Aztec you do realise a 5mm can be fitted to a large shell casing to give it the force to penetrate 3 inches of Kevlar, and this is still hand held
Old 2004-03-07, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by AztecWarrior
I like the old ones.

You DO realize that 5mm is crap, it won't penetrate shit if its life depended on it?
You do realize that the size of the round makes almost no difference if you put enough power behind it, right?

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-03-07, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
You do realize that the size of the round makes almost no difference if you put enough power behind it, right?
Agreed very much so. Its like the gauss. Has the same ammo just puts WAY more power into the bullet.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion