News: Nexus Battle Island Revealed - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your quote has been pre-rejected
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-30, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Greenthy
Sergeant

Re: Nexus Battle Island Revealed

Add rocks to the side and top of the map and you have caves
Old 2013-06-30, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Maidere
Sergeant

250 players? like 150 TR 100 Vanu? Nice e-sports SOE.

Last edited by Maidere; 2013-06-30 at 06:03 AM.
Old 2013-06-30, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Maidere View Post
250 players? like 150 TR 100 Vanu? Nice e-sports SOE.
i'm sorry but do you even think? 125 per side and that is for live . for MLG it will be 48 vs 48 so 96 players
Old 2013-06-30, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Maidere
Sergeant

They expanded amount of players, are you 100% sure they will make it restricted to 125 v 125?
Tbh, even it's true, 125 is waaay too many on one hand. On the other - queue will take forever.
I had hope it will be 48v48 standard session thing.

Last edited by Maidere; 2013-06-30 at 06:29 AM.
Old 2013-06-30, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

The MLG will still just be platoon vs platoon, afaik.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

So 125 vs 125 will be the max limit for the battle islands? What we are getting at here is that if you ever want to see the island during prime time when a huge fight is raging on it then it might be time to pony up for a subscription if you have not already. Members will get priority in that que.

Overall Nexus looks great and I can't wait to fight on it again. The terrain and infantry areas just look amazing in that video. I really can't wait. Great job SOE. Hopefully some of the old continents can get overhauls to look just as good.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-06-30 at 07:10 AM.
Old 2013-06-30, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
bjorntju1
Captain

Well, atleast it looks like they added some new buildings in! So that's good I guess?

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2013-06-30 at 07:32 AM.
Old 2013-06-30, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Cole View Post
REALLY IMPORTANT!!! Higby said on reddit that the version of this on live servers will support 250 players or more.
Sounds like great news for Playstation 4 to me. These "maps" will be a huge hit in that community. I can see the demand for more and more of them going forward. I am not talking about MLG or outfit wars or any sort of "competitive" mode but just plain old everyday play this would be of the size and complexity they will love while pushing the envelope of higher player count for them to experience. Hell for that matter the PC players will likely start to prefer them also. It would be nice to see a mix of sizes, shapes and geo-diverse islands. That's what I was meaning in earlier post when I said "The Bending Part 2".

Last edited by Calista; 2013-06-30 at 08:19 AM.
Old 2013-06-30, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Wargrim
Sergeant

I do not care for those small E-Sports maps, but man, please, please please bring those snow - covered trees to Esamir. And apply the lessons learned from those indoor areas / large infantry fight bases to the bases on the large continents! If you make the subterrain levels of Tech plants and Amp stations actual real infantry fight zones, instead of horizontal elevator tunnels, this would be a really good move.
Old 2013-06-30, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Gonchiese
Private

Originally Posted by Corewin View Post
Seriously? How is the game (as it stands right now) any different than a TDM?

Look at this objectively. This map, along with MLG, provides meaningful closure to an otherwise pointless game. Planetside 2 currently has no "victory" conditions. Some may argue that there are Alerts, but we all know they were just a bandaid fix to a population problem during off hours, not a means of creating a meta game.

1 vs 1 is the only logical way to balance in a competitive sense. 1v1v1 is impossible. IM-POSS-IBLE. As proven by PS2's current mechanics.

I'll admit that this jacks the overall feel of Battlefield due to limited numbers, but past that Planetside offers plenty of community related content that Battlefield titles wouldn't be able to provide.

1. PS2 Outfits are a bit more established and considerably less flaky compared to their Battlefield counterparts.
2. Inter game rivalries are more prevalent due to a limited number of servers. Players interact and become known far more through their skill and infamy, rather than cheesy highlight videos most people rely on to become known in BF3 and the like.
3. The vehicle game play is considerably different. Adds an element that can't really be compared to BF3.

This has the potential to be something worth while. I'm holding out on how they'll be doing points, objectives, resources, and victory conditions.
What I'm talking about is BI taking away from the actual gameplay. Log on to empty continents and wonder where everyone is. Oh look, their all in instanced PvP zones. Fourth factioners already ruin alerts, guess what BI will do?
Old 2013-06-30, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

It amuses me time and time again, that whenever something new comes along, all of you jump to random conclusions.
Old 2013-06-30, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

That's how the forums survive.
Anyway looks so much like Ceryshen with all its trees. Just can't wait until they make Ceryshen with all its cliffs of death.

Last edited by capiqu; 2013-06-30 at 11:00 AM.
Old 2013-06-30, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gonchiese View Post
What I'm talking about is BI taking away from the actual gameplay. Log on to empty continents and wonder where everyone is. Oh look, their all in instanced PvP zones. Fourth factioners already ruin alerts, guess what BI will do?
Yes...becouse inter outfit tournaments will be held 24/7 and everyone will be taking part in them at the same time. THESE WILL NOT BE INSTANCED ON NORMAL SERVERS. If they go with what they are saying right now the battle islands wont be nearly as big a dent in continent population as Hossin.

But why read the thread right? Lets just all all jump on the "MLG is the end of days" bandwagon.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-06-30 at 11:04 AM.
Old 2013-06-30, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea seriously do a bit of research before posting. The only time these will be even remotely "Instanced" is probably during matches. When they broadcast live MLG competitions they aren't going to want JoeNC6969 to screw up the competition. They want to make these available to everyone like a normal continent in the future, it will be a bit smaller but from what I've heard it's not as small as it might appear.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-30, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

as soon as it said balanced for 2 forces i wasnt interested - this is planetside 2 not cod/bf we have 3 teams not 2 ffs.
Agreed. Perhaps SOE knows something the rest of us don't and MLG's caterings will turn out to be a grand success (will be monitoring MLG closely). In the meantime the whole MLG gig is feeling an awful lot like "Core Combat" all over again. A random "WTF" that has nothing to do with fixing real issues for a unique and original game, and a familiar potential for development disaster when it's realized it was a waste of time and money that is unrecoverable.

What gives me the greatest pause is the "Not sure how this is going to be included into the game". ... Then why does it exist at all? The implementation of WoW's Battlegrounds addressed a specific issue, PvP combat. One-on-one fighting in PS1 was addressed by continent locks.

Again I give all involved the benefit of the doubt, that all this MLG business (hand crafted one-on-one playgrounds, etc) could be part of what defines the good parts of Planetside 2 years from now. Nevertheless, "One in the hand is worth two in the bush" is the summation that comes to mind.

Last edited by Edfishy; 2013-06-30 at 02:15 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion