Gifting station cash and other items? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-12, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Gifting station cash and other items?

Hello all,

My site is looking for prizes to give away to outfits.

Now at first I was going to do graphics cards, and PC builds. But as you will all know they cant be shared between 30+ people.

So we are looking for other ways to give out prizes. I was wondering, will it be possible to gift station cash and other store items to outfits and players?

This is also cool to help your fellow gamers who might just not have enough to buy that bacon skin he wants.

If a Dev could clarify that for me that would be cool.

Cheers in advance.

Last edited by SuperMorto; 2012-06-12 at 01:45 PM.
Old 2012-06-12, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Gifting station cash and other items?

Gifting usually doesn't happen in these games because of the fear of people using stolen/fake/whatever credit cards.

I played GunZ the duel 7 years ago and someone I barely knew bought me and my friends a bunch of premium stuff with a stolen credit card (we didn't know at the time, heh).

There's not an easy way around this, because who do they ban? For all they know, the account with the stolen credit card is a dummy account you made to feed your main account.

It's sad, but it probably won't happen. Wish they could do some like hyper verification. I'd gladly send them a picture of my driver's license or something along with my credit card to prove it's mine and to enable gifting.
Old 2012-06-12, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
I has a bucket
Private

I'm hoping it'll be available too actually. Steam has gifting so they must have some means of dealing with stolen credit card transactions. Maybe something SOE can look into if they aren't already planning on having gifting.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Comet
First Sergeant

Please allow gifting of items

Hello Planetside 2 developers! =D

I want to suggest that players be able to purchase items in the cash store (camo's, vehicle lights, decals, hood ornaments ect.) and gift them to another person with a PS2 account that's active.

I have gotten a few of my friends interested in the game (including my GF believe it or not... she'll be the one sporting hot pink camo =/.....) and it'd be nice to gift them something.

Weather I am doing it just to be nice or because the other person doesn't have the funds, it might help facilitate the person receiving the gift to purchase items of their own in the future. If people are more likely to spend additional cash in the shop once they make an initial purchase, perhaps receiving a gift from a friend would help them make a purchase as well in the future.

No matter who makes the purchase, SOE is still receiving the funds from the purchase. If this isn't already planned for release, may I suggest you consider it?

Thanks for your time
Old 2012-07-04, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Razicator
First Sergeant

Re: Please allow gifting of items

Hmm, I'm not personally a fan. Too much open for exploitation of hacked accounts, trader's remorse, scamming, etc. Instead, how about buying a friend like $20 SOE station cash gift card? Same thing, but prevents most virtual exploitation.

I'm basing this off League of Legends, where you are more than welcome to buy LoL gift cards, but trading items or cash has always and will be always disabled.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
maddoggg
Sergeant

I think it would be nice if they add the option to be able to do that.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bags
Lieutenant General

Higby hinted at it being too difficult to do because of stolen/fake Credit cards and crap.
Old 2012-07-04, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
fod
Master Sergeant

id like to be able to buy friends some stuff

i cant really see the downsides if you just want to buy friends stuff (not trade with them for the stuff - just flat out buying them things)
Old 2012-07-04, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Comet
First Sergeant

I'd be curious why other games allow gifting but not PS2 (WoW for example). I didn't think about just buying them a gift card though, that's always an option
Old 2012-07-04, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

I would be cool with a giftcard thing with an added email verification. You could do that with gifts too. You would need to access your email and verify in order to send something.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Comet
First Sergeant

Good point Dougnifico
I have received mounts as gifts in WoW from my GF... not sure what system they use when gifting items like that though, I;ve never watched her actually process the items =/
Old 2012-07-04, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Please be sure to search in the future.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion