Questions for Pro7 - Page 17 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma...Hammer...coincedience? I think not!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-10, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #241
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

Re: Questions for Pro7

awesome... figured you would or that would superficially segment their community which is a major bad move in a game like this :P
Old 2012-08-10, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #242
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by Golanthe View Post
The reply from Brolly answers it i think.
Well that may be hint to option 2 (client is based on account not server), but still its not certain as that answer is only about servers/accounts and not clients.
Old 2012-08-10, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #243
gaz
Private

i have another very important question, i dont know if you guys can answer this one:

will there be a beta test on the european servers? i remember blizzard thinking they don't need to test the european servers for diablo 3 while testing the beta on us servers only, it was a mess on release(everyone will know what i mean). They weren't able to fix the issues for weeks after release...
Old 2012-08-10, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #244
NePaS
Corporal

Originally Posted by gaz View Post
i have another very important question, i dont know if you guys can answer this one:

will there be a beta test on the european servers? i remember blizzard thinking they don't need to test the european servers for diablo 3 while testing the beta on us servers only, it was a mess on release(everyone will know what i mean). They weren't able to fix the issues for weeks after release...
It is already running.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #245
gaz
Private

did i miss something? i thought there were only us servers running?
Old 2012-08-12, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #246
JoCool
Corporal

Exclamation Re: Questions for Pro7

As long as the login stays centralized over the launchpad, nothing regarding cost shop / gameplay etc gets changed / anything regarding cutting the violence / I don't have to click through any pesky german company's page then, only then I'll be fine with it.

Oh, and I damn hope you can use station cash to pay. Because I've already gotten some.
Old 2012-08-12, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #247
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by JoCool View Post
As long as the login stays centralized over the launchpad, nothing regarding cost shop / gameplay etc gets changed / anything regarding cutting the violence / I don't have to click through any pesky german company's page then, only then I'll be fine with it.

Oh, and I damn hope you can use station cash to pay. Because I've already gotten some.
Its amazing how small the world really is. Seeing you here brings back quite a few memories.

<--- sepomat

But to answer your stuff: No chance. You will have to use the Pro7 login, and you will have to use SevenCash.
But once the whole thing actually goes live for PS2, you can transfer all the Station cash you already own over, means you dont loose anything.

Also, no gameplay changes, low violence or anything. PS2 wont get any cutting going on, it already is low violence, there literally is no blood.
Pro7 cant do any gameplay changes, the servers are still hosted by SOE, and the same game will be played on all servers.

There is only one difference: The Cash shop. Yes, in theory Pro7 could put in Pay to Win items, but they clearly wont do that. Theres still SOE, hosting the actual servers, and if Pro7 screws up, they will likley swing the Hammer. :>
Old 2012-08-13, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #248
JoCool
Corporal

Hi sepo! Yes, quite amazing how small the world is. Here I am hoping that Planetside 2 is probably a project too large to end up like a Mightygames' game. The blatant danger of them going down another path than the developers' regarding the cash shop (say, constantly evolving pay to win) is what fills me with skepticism. Same goes for cashing in with Euros on a 1:1 base towards the USD. They might think of it as a cash cow after a while and constantly push out new must-have OP stuff, like in their current games, copying the old WoW spiral. SOE better knows what marauder they are dealing with, thus they keep a healthy distance and avoid to give Pro7 tools that enable them to publish their own in-game content. I am a 100% sure Pro7 will at least give that a try to look if it is feasible after a playerbase has settled for a while.

Anyway, it is great to see you on here. It looks as if you are following the Vanu Sovereignty .

I am still undecided whether to go for the Terran Republic as they feature my beloved Mosquito or whether I go en route with the VS' Scythe, I will take a look on how they handle with a joystick and which one can pick its engagements in a more sovereign fashion once I am invited into beta. Lost my old PS1 account's login and e-mail, hence I am waiting for the priority key wave. Charms are up and thumbs are pressed, we will see. Do you roll with an Outfit already?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-13, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #249
Rwyn
PlanetSide 2 Europe
Community Manager

Hi all,

here we go with some answers for your requests.
By the way 1: I'll be on GamesCom on Thursday/Friday so your questions postet on Wednesday -> Sunday will be answered by next week.
By the way 2: Anybody by chance at GamesCom in Cologne? -> Meet the devs!

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Well that may be hint to option 2 (client is based on account not server), but still its not certain as that answer is only about servers/accounts and not clients.
You will have to use a PSG launcher and client but the content (also security and so on) will be done by SOE.

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
Ok, understood. Thank you so much Rwy'n, you've helped me out a lot. Happy to see great people working on Planetside 2 for EU. Oh and DCUO worked on SOE, so this means I can play Planetside 2 using SOE, right?
As things are now: Yes, you'll have to use the SOE client.

Best,
Rwy'n
Old 2012-08-13, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #250
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by JoCool View Post
Hi sepo! Yes, quite amazing how small the world is. Here I am hoping that Planetside 2 is probably a project too large to end up like a Mightygames' game. The blatant danger of them going down another path than the developers' regarding the cash shop (say, constantly evolving pay to win) is what fills me with skepticism. Same goes for cashing in with Euros on a 1:1 base towards the USD. They might think of it as a cash cow after a while and constantly push out new must-have OP stuff, like in their current games, copying the old WoW spiral. SOE better knows what marauder they are dealing with, thus they keep a healthy distance and avoid to give Pro7 tools that enable them to publish their own in-game content. I am a 100% sure Pro7 will at least give that a try to look if it is feasible after a playerbase has settled for a while.

Anyway, it is great to see you on here. It looks as if you are following the Vanu Sovereignty .

I am still undecided whether to go for the Terran Republic as they feature my beloved Mosquito or whether I go en route with the VS' Scythe, I will take a look on how they handle with a joystick and which one can pick its engagements in a more sovereign fashion once I am invited into beta. Lost my old PS1 account's login and e-mail, hence I am waiting for the priority key wave. Charms are up and thumbs are pressed, we will see. Do you roll with an Outfit already?

Contact SOEs support, they can most likley help you to regain your account. Just need whatever info you have on it, like your PS1 char name, what games you have on the account, what the email adress was you used last on it, etc.

Anyway: Same fears as you, but I know what going to happen if SOE screws up: They loose, the players, all of them. Im pretty sure they wont try anything stupid.

Rwyn: see ya Friday. :>
Old 2012-08-14, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #251
Shogun
Contributor
General

i will be at gamescom tomorrow and check the PSG booth for brolly and rwyn ;-)

i want to attend the dev meeting as well, but i am not sure any more, if i have to work longer, because there have been some nasty problems at work and we might need to work very long to keep up. main machine broke last week and is getting repaired right now.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-08-16, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #252
gaz
Private

I am really pissed at the PSG Support right now.

I created a ticket on August, 8th and was talking to Support since then. The issue i had was a minor, meaning it would not have been a problem to solve it, but the Support from Pro7 was not able to solve it. First thing is that there were 3 different people involved in processing my ticket. They were not able get things right and answer my simple questions, nor did they know that i was talking about a PSG Account, even if the Ticket was created on the PSG Support site. They thought i was talking about some alaplaya account, which i don't even know. Instead of solving the problem in my interest they decided to solve the issue in ignoring me and using a solution i didn't approve.

If this is the Support that will be used for PS2 i am really disappointed at SOE making this deal with PSG.

PS: I live in Germany and the Support Team only replied (if they replied) after 23:00. This doesn't seem like a professional Support Team!

Last edited by gaz; 2012-08-16 at 08:53 AM.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #253
IHateMMOs
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Another question to Pro7, on the Facebook app, Planetside 2 Recruitment Center, for some reason my rewards are 500 Seven cash instead of 500 Station cash even though I use the SOE client. Is there a way to fix this?
Old 2012-08-18, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #254
bjorntju1
Captain

The EU PlanetSide 2 website:

http://www.planetside-2.eu/

It is pretty much the same. However there are a few different lanuages you can choose from. (EN,DE,FR,ES,IT)
Old 2012-08-18, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #255
BNuts
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by IHateMMOs View Post
Another question to Pro7, on the Facebook app, Planetside 2 Recruitment Center, for some reason my rewards are 500 Seven cash instead of 500 Station cash even though I use the SOE client. Is there a way to fix this?
Are you in the EU using a specific EU payment method? (e.g; Sparkasse)

If so, you will use the SevenCash, and you will be routed via Pro7. This is to assist with language barriers, culture barriers, and time-zone issues, as well as specific EU holidays and the such.

If you arent in the EU, you should contact SOE tech support for guidance.

Overthrown / BNuts - PS1

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion