Eliminate pad camping. Put the pad inside the base, you spawn vehicle outside random - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please note your immediate exits.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-01-31, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Traak
Colonel

Eliminate pad camping. Put the pad inside the base, you spawn vehicle outside random

Like the AMS, which quit being such an XP farm when it lost the "Arcade Duck" tubes on the side, how about spawning vehicles in random spots around the SOI?

This would eliminate pad camping, which is, as an AAmax, one of my favorite things to do of all time, so you know it isn't for my sake, but for the game's that I'm mentioning this.

Another idea is an invisibility bubble around the vehicle area so you are well on your way before the vehicle spawn camper can get at you.

Anyway, I hope they don't use this, as I LOVE pad camping enemy pilots, because being a lover of teamwork, I love AA because it gives our guys freedom of movement on the ground. First thing the U.S. military does in an engagement is achieve air superiority. Then it is onward from there.

But, vehicles spawning randomly all over would kill pad camping deader than dead.
Old 2011-01-31, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Eliminate pad camping. Put the pad inside the base, you spawn vehicle outside ran

Getting killed by spawning a plane in the middle of a base getting attacked only happens to newbs. The people that want planes pull them from nearby bases where they've binded to. This is a moot point.
Old 2011-01-31, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Westy543
Private

Re: Eliminate pad camping. Put the pad inside the base, you spawn vehicle outside ran

Yeah that. Nullifying an enemy's ability to produce vehicles is part of sieging a base.
Old 2011-01-31, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chaotic Cow
Private

I agree with the last 2 posters.

Though if there is more unique bases, maybe have different positions of the vehicle spawns.

Instead of the 2 I remember, above and underground.
Old 2011-01-31, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea random spawn would be kind of lame. The vehicle pad is something you want to starve your enemy of during combat so they are unable to spawn vehicles or aircraft. Making the location random takes out that strategic option and makes it just a spamfest.

And as mentioned above, the smart players and outfits will spawn elsewhere and attack from outside of the base.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-01-31, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Traak
Colonel

Glad to hear it. One of the joys of my life is pad camping airplanes.
Old 2011-01-31, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MgFalcon
Captain

I just love OS'ing a crowded vehicle pad... ohhh seeing all those kills just makes me all warm inside
Old 2011-01-31, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Simple fix is to make vehicle bays like the Dropship centre airpad; give those waiting a cosy room.
Old 2011-01-31, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Traak
Colonel

I figure things are pretty well set and close to ready to launch at Sony. I seriously wonder what the vehicle sponzz will be like. If there will be mobile vehicle spawn points.
Old 2011-01-31, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raymac
Brigadier General

Equip AV weapon of choice. Shoot camper. Spawn vehicle. Problem solved.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion