Patches to Live Servers and Public Test Server this week - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sqeeze the Kitten to DEATH!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-09-09, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SporkfirePS
PlanetSide Alumni

Patches to Live Servers and Public Test Server this week

I just wanted to let you know that we are planning to release Facility Link benefits very soon. Bishop and his QA guys are putting the Programmers and Designers to work, finishing up the last pieces of work that need to be done so we can get these patched out to you ASAP.

Platoons will be following closely on the heels of the FLB patch, with some testing on Public Test. We expect to see some public playtests to help shake them out as much as possible.

Facility Link Benefits

All friendly facility types have benefits they share with one another when connected to each other through the Continental Lattice. Facilities do not need to be directly linked in order to shared benefits, so benefits will be shared as long as there is an unbroken chain of Lattice Links between the facilities. On the continental map, icons over each facility will represent the benefits that it can access.

AMP Station (Shielded Vehicle icon): Charges the shield generators of vehicles while they are in a friendly Sphere of Influence.

Bio-Lab (Respawn Tube icon): Reduces respawn rates at friendly linked facilities.

Dropship Center (Wrench Icon): Enables Vehicle Repair and Rearm Stations.

Interlink Facility (RADAR Display icon): Enhanced RADAR abilities.

Technology Plant (Tank icon): Provides Access to Advanced Assault vehicles - Reaver, Medium Assault Buggy, Medium Tank and Sunderer.

BENEFIT DESCRIPTIONS

Shield Generators: Each vehicle has a shield generator installed in it. When they enter an Amp Station's SOI or the SOI of a facility linked to an Amp Station, the shield will begin charging to its maximum strength, which is a percentage of the vehicle's base armor. After the shield takes damage, it can recharge again if it is within a friendly SOI though any armor damage done to the vehicle will remain until it is repaired by an Engineer or at a Repair Panel. If a driver takes a shielded vehicles outside of the friendly SOI, the shield will remain, though it will not recharge if it takes any damage until the driver returned to an Amp Station's SOI or any SOI linked to an Amp Station.

Vehicle Repair and Rearm Stations: Rearm and Repair pads provide a quick and easy way for vehicles to repair damage and to replenish their ammunition supplies. Each facility is equipped with a several aircraft landing pads and ground panels that will perform these functions. When a player is in control of a vehicle, they can approach either the pad or panel, depending on whether they are controlling an aircraft or a ground vehicle, and remain stationary to begin the repair process. Aircraft do not need to land on the pad, but they must remain near the pad to be repaired. Similarly, ground vehicles will be repaired automatically if they remain stationary near the Repair and Rearm Panel. Multiple vehicles can be use the pads or panels at once.

To replenish a vehicle's ammunition, the player in control of the vehicle must be stationary near the repair pad or panel and will get a message that they may hit the "G" key to access the vehicle inventory menu. Players may store inventory loadouts in a favorites menu for quick access, similar to the Favorites Menu of an Equipment Terminal.

Enhanced RADAR Abilities: Facilities linked to an Interlink Facility will gain certain enhancements to their RADAR systems. All enemy vehicles will appear on RADAR, except for cloaked vehicles moving at 50% throttle or less and deployed Advanced Mobile Stations. All running enemy infantry, including cloaked Infiltrators, will appear on the RADAR. Enemy infantry, including cloaked Infiltrators, will appear on RADAR if they are within a Spitfire Turret or Motion Sensor's detection radius, regardless of whether they are moving or not.
Old 2003-09-09, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
tomxhawk
Private

Finally, those things in the wall will serve a purpose!
Old 2003-09-09, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Patch sounds cool.
Old 2003-09-09, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Finally, this rocks!
Old 2003-09-09, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Phaden
Contributor
Major

This is definately cool. I like the idea of a weekly patch. It changes the game and gives you something to watch for in game. Any idea exactly when it goes up??
Old 2003-09-09, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

yes motion sensor turrets will have a much better purpose and im happy SOE is talkin on the PSU boards i can speak for all of us when we save thank you very much

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-09-09, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Searo
Second Lieutenant

*Laughs at all the
"I'm cancelling, no FLB or Platoons, gg." people who cancelled two weeks ago.*

Awesome patches, thank God you guys listened to the community.
Old 2003-09-09, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

Waitamo...was that Sporkfire who just posted that?

Well, I'll be... He even has a blue name on here. Thanks for the info, Spork, and don't be such a stranger next time.
Old 2003-09-10, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Mmmmm, tastey. Good shit and more ammo against the ever present "OMG PS are teh suxx0rs! devs dont listen to playerz and just want 2 leech $ from us!1!11!!" crowd.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-10, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I can't wait for the patch. But I have to wait.

Edit: This calls for uh uh uh... Running in circles!!!!

/me starts to run in circles.
Old 2003-09-10, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I'm happier I settled my late DSL bill this week. Its good to come back to news like that!
Old 2003-09-10, 03:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Yippieeee!!!!!

Amp stations are going to be a bugger to capture though!!, imagine, any nmy defending vechicals around and inside the walls will constantly be having there shields regenerated!!!!.

Old 2003-09-10, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Yay!

Facility benefits yay! Spork posts yay! Life is going to get really ahrd for infiltrators now I suspect.

If I may a question for spork.

Dont you think with the additional shielding and the ability to rearm/repair without leaving the vehicles that the game is getting even more vehicle centric?

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-10, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I love all the changes except the one involving stationary infiltrators. That's brutal, especially since the biggest infil bugs (DL icon rarely showing up when NC uses DL, infil crouch walking in sniper scope being way too visible) still haven't been addressed. The role of the infil seems hard enough as it is, but that's a small beef considering how much is rolling out.
Old 2003-09-10, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by BMagex
This is definately cool. I like the idea of a weekly patch. It changes the game and gives you something to watch for in game. Any idea exactly when it goes up??
I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something, where does it say there will be weekly patches?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion