Planetside Cheaters - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's retinal, not rectal!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-01-01, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
pscheaters
Private

Planetside Cheaters

Please view current members of this exclusive "outfit" here:
http://planetsidecheaters.wikispaces.com
Old 2012-01-01, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
pscheaters
Private

Re: Planetside Cheaters

Oops this should be in PS1 forum. Mod please move.
Old 2012-01-01, 04:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SKYeXile
Major General

I apparently hack, add me to the list.

Message Inspector, MOAB or popgun for confirmation.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-01-01 at 04:17 AM.
Old 2012-01-01, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Fate
Corporal

You have D2A on this list. I'll admit that D2A has improved over the years, he's not a cheater. Also razor isn't a cheater, he just has no life. He's a member of AC if that matters to you. Also, Disposabletiexue and WINDRedHawk are from China. Big ping matters alot. I see you have a TRx player on the list. I will say this about TRx, they have had a lot of skilled grunts, but the only way the succeed in the air is by tag teaming a single pilot. TRxCommando is probably nothing special.

Edit: Sub my account for a month and I'll find out for you.
Old 2012-01-01, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fate
Corporal

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I apparently hack, add me to the list.

Message Inspector, MOAB or popgun for confirmation.
I have tells from the same people + WarningDrunkPilot.
Old 2012-01-01, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Coreldan
Colonel

Ah, name n shame innocent people who kicked your ass to get them griefed for no reason-list.

Awesome.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-01-01, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I'll just assume you were honestly trying to do something good, but...

What is such a list supposed to achieve? Even if we were to trust it, which we really have no reason to, how does it help?
Old 2012-01-01, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

This is dodgy to say the least and I don't believe it.
Old 2012-01-01, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
pscheaters
Private

Yes I have seriously considered accidentally naming someone who is genuinely good as a cheater. I think the guys that have been listed as suspected but not confirmed falls into the incredibly awesome category.

But if they are genuine, I do not think the same awesome people mind having their awesomeness investigated and observed. I do feel suspicious about certain players but when I do not find any evidence of blatant cheating, then I have deep down respect for how good they are in this game.

If a genuine mistake has been made, then I will correct the listing.

There are players who are simply genuinely good. Youtubes on some of the Starcraft 2 pro-gamers who play games as a form of "sport" will quickly show you how good and fast they are.

The other motivation is to give aggrieved members of the player community a vent for their concerns. Right now, I see the reports coming in via the /c chat. The in-game /appeal system is probably overloaded right now and work on a repeat offender and majority vote basis i.e. xyz is getting appealed too often, so let's have a look at him.

Cheat-aggrieved members of the player community want to know that their grievances are heard and investigated. This is designed to give them that. A simple thank you and yes we are looking into your complaint right now goes a long way.

Well, players who use cheats also need to consider the fact that their "playstyle" drives genuine players away from the game. So please consider who is causing who grief.

For myself, it is also a social experiment designed to allow other players who have used cheats a chance to redeem themselves. I understand certain people are compelled towards using cheats because they are simply fighting fire with fire. I live in a country where the system of law is designed to rehabilitate and reform instead of imprison minor offenders and place them on the wrong side of the fence for life, a system I fully believe in because none of us are perfect really.

I also work in information security. Unfortunately, I also believe that "it takes a thief to catch a thief". Players who have used cheats understand very well what the cheats are capable of and how to distinguish genuine gaming awesomeness from cheat-assisted performance.

And yes, I have had some past experience as a event-organising GM also ... but with what I know these days in terms of information security, I find it hard to believe that PlanetSide developers do not already know who the cheaters are.

What I am doing now through quiet observation is so much less efficient than the available tools and techniques these days

But please feel free to flame all you want. I am also a shameless flame-absorbing troll that is actually enjoying this a lot right now, including reading all the flames. More!!! More!!! Hahaha

Last edited by pscheaters; 2012-01-01 at 07:56 AM.
Old 2012-01-01, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by pscheaters View Post
Yes I have seriously considered accidentally naming someone who is genuinely good as a cheater.
Can't be an accident if you've considered it.

Originally Posted by pscheaters View Post
I think the guys that have been listed as suspected but not confirmed falls into the incredibly awesome category.

But if they are genuine, I do not think the same awesome people mind having their awesomeness investigated and observed. I do feel suspicious about certain players but when I do not find any evidence of blatant cheating, then I have deep down respect for how good they are in this game.

If a genuine mistake has been made, then I will correct the listing.
The list is a mistake, at least in it's current form. Also, how are you supposed to verify if a mistake has been made or not. If you're going to keep the list you should have categories for the names (Unverified, Verified Cheater, Expert Gamer, etc.)
Old 2012-01-01, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Coreldan
Colonel

The list could work IF every name had some sort of proof included with it.

APB has a similar third party list, but at least for every person named, they have video footage. Naturally some of the videos can be subjective whether it's cheats or not, but they have several people voting on each case whether they think it's cheating or not.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-01-01, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Pillow
Corporal

It looks like some angry NC reported the whole TR and VS population.
Old 2012-01-01, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
pscheaters
Private

Ok Crator's and Coreldan's posts are quite constructive and has got me thinking. For the moment, I will get fraps going and capture videos of the confirmed cheaters in action.

The only one problem with that I guess is that it can become harder and harder to catch cheaters because it may reveal the observation and investigative techniques used to identify the cheaters.

I kinda have to get better and better catching them. May be more efficient if I code an API that GM's and game developers can use to interrogate if the game has been "injected" with tampering code (medium-term project I guess).

Last edited by pscheaters; 2012-01-01 at 09:09 AM.
Old 2012-01-01, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
yonman
Corporal

And just to point out the slander part - you may want to not display unconfirmed names. The damage to one's reputation of just appearing on this list could ruin people's gaming experience, even if only temporarily. In the real world, this would be slander and make you liable if you can't prove the claim ...
Old 2012-01-01, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Ah, nice list.

I suggest you add everyone who ever played, currently plays or will play to the list.

We remove them if we want, or not.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion