One Empire per Server? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Silly gamer, playing outside is for kids
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-04, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Striker511
Private

Well, I am all for the one-empire per server; I agree that everyone should have the ability to play on all 3 empires, but since there are 3 servers, then this should not be a big deal. Upon launch, there were 2 east coast and 2 west coast servers, it was 'Choose Your Side' that you want to support. Since it was changed last year, the 4th empire has taken over and made gameplay more "interesting".

Everyone should be able to keep the characters that you have; If Sony goes back the old school way, then each person will have to choose which empire they want to fight on per server. Myself, I like being the underdogs in a threeway fight too. It just so happens that our unit knows how to work as a team and do well with the other friendly units.

Am I plugging Sturmgrenadier?? Absolutely. More info head to the RECRUITING FORUM.

This is Striker, and I approve of this message
Old 2004-11-04, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Marsman
Major

A few people have mentioned the idea of converting a character (i.e. from like a NC char to a TR char). First, we don't even know if this is possible. Seems to me it would require a major effort to do so - favorites and locker items would have to coverted for one thing and I'm sure there are many other factors. Conversion of a char is going to be far more involved that simple moving all the characters data from one server to another, which we know is possible as we've seen that occur during the server merge.
I would tend to discount the possibility of character conversion because of these reasons and have therefore focused on possible methods of implementing a one empire per server system with the least possible grief and frustration to users. Sure there is always going to be someone displeased - can't make everyone happy - but I think this is a plan that most users could live with and keep their high level characters, even if they had to move them to another server.
Old 2004-11-04, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sieldan
Contributor
Private

Easy fix to the whole 4th Empire. Character lockdown after initial log in. Means this: You have multiple toons/multiple empires on a server. Once you log in to a toon a timer starts on that toon. It is the only one you can play on that server until the timer expires. Similar to the existing toon timer except it starts from the get-go instead of after a swap.
Old 2004-11-04, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Striker511
Private

the 24 hr thing might work, but only for one day - besides, isnt that the case as it is now?

If Sony did not allow me to transfer character names between 2 characters that I created, then I highly doubt that they will allow a character to be trasnfered to another empire.
KISS - One empire per server. As we said in the USN - Choose your rate, choose your fate...

my 0.02
Old 2004-11-04, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Yerster
Contributor
Corporal

I think thay need to change the timer for switching empirers at least. make it like 48 hour 72 hours(2 or 3 days) time before you and seletect the other emiper again. that would put a end to alot of the empier hopin.
Old 2004-11-05, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

The 24 hour rule as it is now is kinda strange, it seems to work by coming into effect after switching empires. For example, you can play for NC, then switch to TR but only then does the 24 hour timer kick in. Personally I think the timer needs to kick in after you first logged in as an NC.
Old 2004-11-05, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Sieldan
Contributor
Private

Originally Posted by Lartnev
The 24 hour rule as it is now is kinda strange, it seems to work by coming into effect after switching empires. For example, you can play for NC, then switch to TR but only then does the 24 hour timer kick in. Personally I think the timer needs to kick in after you first logged in as an NC.
That it exactly Lartnev. The timer as it is currently implemented only starts after you switch empires. I think it should start AS SOON AS you log into an empire.
Old 2004-11-05, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

You could solve the equipment favorites easily.

Cert wipe.

When you choose a server and EMPIRE you log into, your character stays at the same BR/CR. However, because you have now officially become a traitor to your old empire, you need to be recerted, as these are supposedly new weapons and vehicles you will be working with. There should be a window at the certification terminal that comes up saying you are now committing yourself to this empire. A click of Yes means that that character is now a permanent member of said empire. A click of no means they cannot cert for that empire and are not allowed access to the virtual training area. Basically they can walk around Sanctuary in their PJs, stare at the sky, run laps around Sanc, etc.

The Locker can be solved as well.

Make it move with the character. If he/she wants to load up Mini Chainguns inside of it before a move to the VS, for example, it is entirely their right to do so.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-11-06, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Kam
Major

I agree that there should be a limit to one account, but the truth is it will never return to that because people would be outraged when all their hard work goes down the drain. SOE knows this, it might even cause people to cancel their subscriptions and then SOE would lose money.
Old 2004-11-06, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

That hard work would be turned to another server/empire, not go down the drain.
Old 2004-11-06, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
CassH
Staff Sergeant

Well it would be alot of work to change chars over, so why dont they give people a 1 month warning to pick a char then everyday the timer to switch would get 1 hour longer till after a month they chose witch char to delet.
Old 2004-11-06, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Let me amend my previous post by saying that if a person does not wish to commit to an empire at this time that they be allowed to look at all the vehicles and weapons of that empire. By giving the newbie a chance to wield both the Lasher and Jackhammer in the Virtual Training sessions you give that person something none of us really had a chance at; trying out the other empires weaponry to see if they fit into your playing style.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-11-06, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Kam
Major

Actually that is what the training is for, but who does that.
Old 2004-11-07, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
CassH
Staff Sergeant

first ttime i tryed a jhammer or mcg i did like them i have never switched around empires to try things, vanu for the win.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion