Caverns! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Practice safe sex, use handcuffs.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-31, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DragginBallz
Private

Angry Caverns!

I have two questions, if the devs wanted to get more people in the cverns why did they make it more difficult to ge into them? I dont think you should have to have a link to the geowarp to use it. Are they planning on changing this or is this how it will stay?
Old 2004-03-31, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

It's not that difficult to get into them, there are four links from each cavern and your empire is bound to have one of them. I don't know if this is going to stay or not though.

Old 2004-03-31, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Cryptica
First Sergeant

Plus I think that if caverns were uber easy to get into, and since from what I've heard they can be a lot of fun, I would think that more people would be spending time in the caves rather than on the surface.
Old 2004-03-31, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DragginBallz
Private

Isn't that the point to have more people in them and yes there are four links but if the cont that you have is locked you cant get in the caverns until you get on that cont.
Old 2004-03-31, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DragginBallz
Isn't that the point to have more people in them and yes there are four links but if the cont that you have is locked you cant get in the caverns until you get on that cont.
Perhaps the cont your empire owns is locked, but the odds of all 4 continents, that any given cavern is connected to, being locked are VERY high. Hart, or drive if you have to, into someone elses cont and go through their warp to the cavern.
Old 2004-03-31, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kyonye
Contributor
General

I see no reason for the Core Combat Expansion. 3 vehicles, 3 weapons, 6 caverns in which one is open at a time. i've been in the caverns and don't like them, probably because no one fights in them but that may also be because they close up after a while. its just not worth it in my eyes, thats why i never got it.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2004-03-31, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
noodles
Private

For my taste the caverns are the most fun. They don't usually have very many people but I like the smaller scale fights. True you don't get very much exp down there when it's a small fight but I've had some of my best PS experiences down there 1 on 1.
More people will probably start going down there after a few more patches, and when it's more appealing and meaningfull to fight there. I think the actual layout of the caverns is a cool too. The multi levels are a nice change of pace from the open turain of the contents.
There is definitly room for improvment, but until then anyone looking to have a more strategy based fight as apposed to a zerg where you just run, shoot, die, run shoot die, run, shoot, die............... a cavern with an opposing force of just half a squad is definitly way more fun. (to me)
Old 2004-03-31, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SuperBallz
Corporal

I Wanna Know Why Caverns Have To Close, You Fight To Lock it Just To Find That It Closes In 5 Mins. I Think They Should Be Open All The Time. This Will Allow Easier Access and Better Build Of Players Fighting Since Most Conts R Connected Through GeoWarps.
Old 2004-03-31, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

If they were all open all the time they'd never have enough population to get a good fight
Old 2004-03-31, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DragginBallz
Private

Originally Posted by Majik
Perhaps the cont your empire owns is locked, but the odds of all 4 continents, that any given cavern is connected to, being locked are VERY high. Hart, or drive if you have to, into someone elses cont and go through their warp to the cavern.
That is what I was saying you cant get in the caverns through a geowarp that is not linked to a base you own so even if you own two of them and both conts have pop locks and the other two are linked to nme bases you can't get in that cavern unless you take the base linked to that geowarp which really makes it difficult if you just want to get down there. I have had this happen to me a few times. At first I thought I waisted my money on CC but I have had a lot of good times down there. That is why this bothers me so much.

Last edited by DragginBallz; 2004-03-31 at 02:40 PM.
Old 2004-03-31, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I don'k think the caverns are that hard to get to, a few time latly my outfit has been going down there a little and having alot of fun

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-31, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Hell yeah, the Black Hawks have had some amazing battles down there havent we Rob.

However, I do wish you could somehow broadcast warpgate into the caverns if you had a surface link to the geowarp or something. Also, it would definately be cool if you could hack buildings down there without having to have a link to an above ground friendly facility. Oh and one MORE thing. If you die in the caverns with no available spawn point, the closest above-ground facility (closest to the cavern geowarp) should become available as a spawn point so that you can ready a counter-attack and head back down.

I do love the caverns, had some awesome fights down there with pretty large battles. I made I don't know how many sniper kills one night as I was playing with the Black Hawks as their "lone wolf sniper", providing them cover. Rbstr also racked up quite a tally of sniper kills I recall. I also took out a Prowler crew with a couple well-placed Radiator fields, definately a good feeling!

Again tho, I would like to see a little bit more accessibility to the caverns, they are kinda a pain to get into, and half the time you do, you realize that you cannot hack anything...

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-03-31, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
SuperBallz
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lartnev
If they were all open all the time they'd never have enough population to get a good fight

Do They Ever Have Enough Pop?
Old 2004-03-31, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yeah lots of times they have decent pop, about 2 squad size groups normaly, i liek the smaller fights.

Yeah electro i wouldn't be surprized if we got 50 collective kills

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-01, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Seer
Major

Caverns have the singular achievement of turning Planetside into every other FPS on the market for as long as you're down there. Except without the sophisticated game styles or rapid pace.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion