Improvement: Community mute for foul mouthed players. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Exercise is overrated.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-05-04, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Saand
Private

Re: Community mute for foul mouthed players.

As with many other things there is no perfect solution that will make everybody happy but I think they could get close by giving the following options

Game installs with enemy tells disabled by default giving an option to turn enemy tells to always on, or an option to get a prompt to accept enemy tells on an individual basis.

Another option to block tells from people that have x number of ignores enemy and friendly, similar to what the op suggested.

I really wonder what they have planned, I'm following the develpment pretty closely but I don't remember anybody on the team addressing this issue. The only thing they have really talked about regarding in game communication that I remember is the in game voice chat which sounds promising.
Old 2012-05-07, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Noivad
Master Sergeant

PS1 had the ablity of /ignore players name, as was already stated.

You could even turn off the CR5 if you wanted to.

No need for filters. Hey did you know you can even do that in this forum?

As far a you PC types, well, just man up. Being PC is Offensive. As far as kiddies on ps2 go, they usually cuss more then the adults I know and they cuss alot. Besides Sony PS2 is about killing other online people. Its a War Game, Its expected. I never trusted a Military guy who could not cuss. Would you. Would you want some wussie type to be in your foxhole? SOE and most definately NOT my outfit is a babysitter for anyones kids. And if that offends you well, man up. Parents are responsible for what their kids do on liine.

I get offended at people who get offended.

You could push that button to turn me off now.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Wait are you still there? hello, anyone reading this? Hello.
Old 2012-05-08, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by DDSHADE View Post
And for Voice chat, I don't see why any offended party couldn't just simply choose to /ignore that player and never hear them again.
The issue, as I understand it, is that while /ignore will prevent you from being harassed by that person on that account in the future you've already had to put up with them and nothing will prevent them from bothering others.

The idea then is that if an individual is so dedicated to maintaining a steady stream of vitriol that significant portions of the people they converse with have to ignore them, why not just set the problem child in question to ignore by default so that your average player doesn't have to experience them in the first place, unless they choose to do so?
Old 2012-05-08, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
I like the idea but that would only stop english speaking game denizens from swearing. Germans are usually polite, French simply sound silly but we Slavs from ex-communists countries are horrible - it's usually better that you don't understand what we can say. Even the most horrible english curses I've ever heard sound like nursery rhymes compared to some of the ordinary curse phrases we tend to use frequently. It makes me feel very ashamed.
Germans are polite? So you don't know Basti then.
Old 2012-05-08, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
No need for filters. Hey did you know you can even do that in this forum?
I have about 10 on my list currently. Its learning to push the button before you get into a flame war that's the hard part!

Its the best button on the site.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault