New Nanite Systems weapons - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Queue hail of gunfire.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-02-28, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Koadster
Sergeant Major

New Nanite Systems weapons

After thinking about the guns in the game I thought it very weird that Nanite Systems supplies nearly all of the vehicles in the game (quad, lighting, sundie, Gal, lib) It supplies nearly ALL secondaries on vehicles.

Yet for infantry it only supplies the NS11, the ACE tool turrets and a few rocket launchers. There will be the heavy pistol coming soon and on the twitter confirmed a NS sniper but in PS1 there was alot of common pool (NS) weapons so why not in PS2 so I took the NS11-A and made a few variants.

The NS 5-C carbine.

I would give it a 35-45round mag, though ofcourse the devs would have to sort out the exact stats. Possibly an accurate med range gun like the NS11 is, essentially giving the NS11 to Engies/LAs so they could have AR like performance from a carbine. I would give all the attachments except the adv options like the NS11 but give it a small extended mag option increasing it from 35rounds to 45rounds

The NS 20-L LMG.

The NS20s mag would be like the G36 beta mag and give a 150 round ammobox. I would give all the attachments except the adv options like the NS11 but would include the extended ammo option expanding it to a 250 round magazine.. This would be a accurate squad suppressive type weapon, utilizing a dual piston system to reduce recoil and give a fast reliable cyclic rate (This is a game so dont argue about RL gas systems not working as dual please this is to give reasoning behind its accuracy)

For visual comparisons, the NS11-A

For each of these guns including the NS11 I would love to see a 700RPM, not as fast as the 750-850guns but still allow a competitive edge in CQC. For scope options for all 3 guns since these are NS guns I would make a new scope: A 1.5x red dot scope with similair looks to a EoTech.

So with these new weapons and the coming pistol/sniper this would cover all classes in the game with a Nanite Systems weapon. There could maybe be 2 more variants.. A shotgun but give it lower dmg then normal ones but very long range (for a shotgun) Since NS goes for accuracy. Also a battle rifle variant.

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-02-28 at 06:58 AM.
Old 2013-03-01, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: New Nanite Systems weapons

Great designs!

However, I forego all these designs in favor of the Punisher from PS1.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault