Assists in PS2? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Grief points are good, right?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-08-04, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Krowe
Sergeant

Assists in PS2?

Does anybody know how assists will work in PS2? I'm not a fan of this current system. I could do 90% of the damage to someone but the guy flying a Mosq gets the killshot, and I get nothing.

I like assists for support activity, and I think that should stay, but PS2 should really have a more common assist system.
Old 2011-08-04, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Re: Assists in PS2?

Well not even sure if this is a legitimate concern, is it in fact the case that they have definitivly stated that its in

Last edited by Sovereign; 2011-08-04 at 11:45 PM.
Old 2011-08-04, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Raymac
Brigadier General

Yeah, there will be shared experience from kills. The details, like everything else, are still lacking, but they did mention it somewhere.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...19&postcount=1

Old 2011-08-05, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Valdae
Sergeant

Yeah they were quite clear that you get more points for assisting in a squad, but it's also dependent on exactly how much damage you do.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bags
Lieutenant General

I asked in Higby's Q and A if there would be some form of damage based xp or assists and he simply said "yes".
Old 2011-08-05, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Krowe
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Valdae View Post
Yeah they were quite clear that you get more points for assisting in a squad, but it's also dependent on exactly how much damage you do.
Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I asked in Higby's Q and A if there would be some form of damage based xp or assists and he simply said "yes".
If there is a damage based assist system, then I'm perfectly happy.

Cheers.
Old 2011-08-05, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...976#post577976

We're doing assist XP, it'll affect for kills earned by your squad greater than outside your squad, but there will be some bonus for outside of squad assists also. There will be some graduation to it as well, if you do 90% of the damage to an enemy and someone swings in and finishes them off you'd get more than if you just randomly hit an enemy with one bullet in a massive firefight.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-08-05, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
klu
Corporal

id like to know how friendly fire affects this system. say you do most of the damage but then the target gets tkd right at the end.
Old 2011-08-05, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Yeah because there are so many various games out there that reward you points for griefing and tking...

Hopefully they adopt an assist system similar to what you find in BFBC2, various degrees of assist that distributes fair amounts of points per % of damage done on target.
Old 2011-08-05, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
Yeah because there are so many various games out there that reward you points for griefing and tking...

Hopefully they adopt an assist system similar to what you find in BFBC2, various degrees of assist that distributes fair amounts of points per % of damage done on target.
He means if you do 90% of the damage to an enemy, then the teammate of the enemy kills them by mistake. Do you still get your exp?
Old 2011-08-05, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Krowe View Post
Does anybody know how assists will work in PS2? I'm not a fan of this current system. I could do 90% of the damage to someone but the guy flying a Mosq gets the killshot, and I get nothing.

I like assists for support activity, and I think that should stay, but PS2 should really have a more common assist system.
Assist EXP sharing whatever you'd like to call it has been confirmed for at least a decent amount of time now.
Old 2011-08-05, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
He means if you do 90% of the damage to an enemy, then the teammate of the enemy kills them by mistake. Do you still get your exp?
Ah thanks for clearing that up, well seeing how the assist systems that I'm most acquainted with in games like BFBC2 distributes the damage per point integers out to all who contributed to the formula at play even the guy who mistakenly takes out his allies last % on the opposite end of the equation who gets the negative difference...

Thus I'm pretty sure that's how it will play out for us but hey it wouldn't hurt if a dev would chime in to confirm this.

Last edited by Sovereign; 2011-08-05 at 10:27 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion