Gameplay: Proper Tactical consequences for cutting off a base. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside ruined my life
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-02-17, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrMak
Sergeant Major

Proper Tactical consequences for cutting off a base.

As everyone is aware cutting off a base doesnt realy have any consequences for the people defending it apart from faster influence less. That obviously isnt enaugh considering places like the crown can sit in the middle of enemy territory almost indefinatly. I thought of something that might fix that and force the farmers to either start thinking tacticaly or go somewhere else.

The rest is msotly a copy-paste from a post I made on the official PS2 Forum.

Make the facilities switch to emergancy poweronce cut of and slowly failing as the power goes down. Perhaps with a bar devided into 4 sections displaying the ammount of power left to all peopel in the region.

- 100-76%
Base still functions normaly.

-75-51%
Base Turrets shut down and vehicle costs increase by 50%. A significant hinderance in some bases but nothing extremaly major.

-50-26%
All Base Shields except the ones in spawn buildings go offline. Vehicle costs are further increased. Now the defenders realy are in truble.

25-1%
All Terminals, except the resupply retminals in the spawn building go offline and spawn time in the main spawn is dubled (Sunderers and spawn beacons unaffected since they arent part of the base). This is where it becomes extremaly desperate but a large organised group should still have a chance to hold out.

0%
Spawn building goes completly offline. Shields go down, pain field is deactivated and players can no longer spanw in there. This is where the defendars are completly ***** unless they have a sunderer in a very good position.

If the territory is reconnected (either by friendlies recapturing territory or simply the enemy capturing the base) The paower would not instantly go back to 100% but insted would start slowly rising, giving the attackers time to respond.

This would hopefully fix the issue with certain bases, The Crown being a prime example, just sitting in the middle of enemy territory, with players in ther not giving a **** becouse "They are farming epic certs".

Annother little thing would be brining back the ANT in the form of a Sunderer utility.

Every base would have a "charging station" connected to the power grid. The ANT utility would remove the passanger seats on a sunderer but would allow it to connect to these via a device on the back (covering the place where the loading hatch is textured on)

If the base is at full power and connected to the warpgate, the sunderer could draw power, if the base is not at full power (either isolated or simply still recovering) It would also get the option to transfer power to the base itself.

This would give tacticaly minded gropus a tool in defending a cut off base. If you are unable to reconnect it for long enaugh it might be more beneficial to the defenders if you instead broke through the siege and recharged the base to buy it more time.

XP would be givento the player who delivers the pwoer supply aswell as his squad. The XP would increase based on how far the base is from the nearest connected friendly hex. This would reward players for taking on longer more dangerous jurneys in an effort to defend a cut off base. The bonus should not ,however, be applied based on how low the power was when you delivered the energy. Then greedy players would just wait till the last moment.

Last edited by MrMak; 2013-02-17 at 09:42 AM.
Old 2013-02-17, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Proper Tactical consequences for cutting off a base.

So what you are asking for is proper siege mechanics. I support anything that reduces the silliness on Indar.
Old 2013-02-17, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

Re: Proper Tactical consequences for cutting off a base.

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I support anything that reduces the silliness on Indar.
Is someone gonna make this into a shirt?!? lmfao

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault