Territory Capture System - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Screw you guys, I'm going home...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-04, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Huma
Sergeant

Territory Capture System

Anyone else excited about this? It's going to make the battle field a lot more fluid and dynamic. No more locked in offense routes. It's going to make things much more interesting. ^_^
Old 2011-08-04, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Territory Capture System

^_^
Old 2011-08-04, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Raymac
Brigadier General

Truth. It may be the 1 feature that I am most excited about. I've always been a bigger fan of field battles than base battles, so this feature really speaks to me.

Sometimes base battles, especially Interfarms just felt like a meat grinder. You run in, try to take out 1 or 2 enemies, but die quickly, rinse, repeat. I would get into a mindset where I didn't care about dying, I just wanted to run in and make the enemies at least turn around so other people could make it in the door. Just a meat grinder to try to move the pile, like a 4th and inches in football.

Old 2011-08-04, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Atuday
Master Sergeant

What I hope to see is convoys as a strategy element for the harvesting of resources. To be able to leap out of an ams cloak bubble or an engi's cloak shield and catch a convoy of fresh supplies unguarded would be a great element. Even better would be if you can figure out when and where an attack is coming from set up in a valley they must pass through and turn the tide of battles before they even begin.
Old 2011-08-04, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

yeah 100% agree
Old 2011-08-04, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Huma
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Atuday View Post
What I hope to see is convoys as a strategy element for the harvesting of resources. To be able to leap out of an ams cloak bubble or an engi's cloak shield and catch a convoy of fresh supplies unguarded would be a great element. Even better would be if you can figure out when and where an attack is coming from set up in a valley they must pass through and turn the tide of battles before they even begin.
Not sure if we're going to have to harvest the resources but scouts and intel are going to play a much larger role in PS2.
Old 2011-08-04, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Robert089
Sergeant

Really looking forward to outdoor areas for infantry fights, they've mentioned making areas where different units will be needed to conquer and this just sounds awesome compared to driving / flying to a base where you then fight through the same boring facilities.

I've always loved out door medium assault fights in current PS, the only problem is you will be have an amazing skirmish, 4 or 5 guys on each side swapping shots, having a blast and then a Reaver flys in and murders everyone...
Old 2011-08-04, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Aractain
Major

The best thing is that it crates a natural front line which will have weak points both in numbers/orginsation and in territory and how the map grid is laid out. This allows for a deep stratergy layer on top of the action.

Looking forward very intensely to playing it!

Also Bags' avatar makes me feel better.
Old 2011-08-04, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
FIREk
Captain

:3
Old 2011-08-04, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Huma
Sergeant

Thumbs up Re: Territory Capture System

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
The best thing is that it crates a natural front line which will have weak points both in numbers/orginsation and in territory and how the map grid is laid out. This allows for a deep stratergy layer on top of the action.

Looking forward very intensely to playing it!

Also Bags' avatar makes me feel better.
Yeah I think we're going to see some crazy fast paced fighting going on. Re Zerg will be on the front line pushing forward. Spec ops teams will be hitting high value resource areas and attempting to open up territory from the inside. We're going to see some crazy fights. I'm all giddy!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-04, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Yep, I'm stoked. Already made a thread with a dump of all the information we know about it.

See here:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=36613
Old 2011-08-04, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Agreed, no more gridlock!

Especially in regards to bridges, no more trolling on bridges(I'd rather get the chance to sink a few whilst a convey attempts to pass) "plox" thanks.
Old 2011-08-05, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Hoping it does away with the 3way circle jerks. Instead of being stuck in a spot and simply cut out by pinching off a link to another base, I'm guessing more of an organic squeeze-out where one empire either gets pushed off to the side, leading to a 3 sliced pie or get surrounded and sieged out by the opposition.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-05, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Definitely the feature I'm most excited for. Outdoor combat is the balls. Years of ToDs and interfarms have left me numb and notion of fighting over territory is very refreshing.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion