Trayvon Martin - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: got vanu?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-02, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #181
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
I mean...fuck...Al Sharpton all but TOLD the black community on Friday that if "Justice" isn't served to Zimmerman that they should escalate their activities past civil disobedience. So Sharpton is advocating violence against people without actually coming out and saying it.....and he's not being persecuted why? Because people are fucking stupid that's why...I have no other way to explain that one.
Then again, in another debate it is argued that violence is permitted to protect against a government that harms your rights...

Whether violence is justified or rights are harmed has always been a subjective thing... So... yeah.

As you'll understand though, I find the idea of violent rebellion over such case bad per definition. But even more if it cannot be solidified that it is done for the reason it is claimed to be (ie in this case racial murder).

What though if they rose up because the government won't arrest someone who harmed someone else's right to live to at least await trial or needing to make bail? How many people are locked up awaiting trial before it is even 100% clear that they killed someone?
Old 2012-04-02, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #182
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I suspect this will go to trial. On 10 April they'll be having a grand jury decide whether Zimmerman is tried for something. At any rate, either the law needs to be changed or Zimmerman needs to be sentenced for some sort of murder. An armed guy chasing down and shooting an unarmed teenager should not be considered acceptable in any civilized society.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-02 at 11:08 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-02, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:54 AM.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
Vecha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
An armed guy chasing down and shooting an unarmed teenager should not be considered acceptable in any civilized society.

Who thinks that's acceptable?

The debate is over actually what took place. We don't exactly know what happened...we can guess/hypothesize/etc...but we can't confirm or deny whether he chased the kid down and shot him...there are alot of holes in his story, yes, but I don't think any of us are qualified to jump to any conclusions..yet.

The rhetoric(all around) is getting ridiculous. The politicizing(demanding renewed/changed gun control laws) over this kid's death needs to cool down.

I'll personally hold my judgement.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vecha View Post
Who thinks that's acceptable?

The debate is over actually what took place. We don't exactly know what happened...we can guess/hypothesize/etc...but we can't confirm or deny whether he chased the kid down and shot him...there are alot of holes in his story, yes, but I don't think any of us are qualified to jump to any conclusions..yet.

The rhetoric(all around) is getting ridiculous. The politicizing(demanding renewed/changed gun control laws) over this kid's death needs to cool down.

I'll personally hold my judgement.
I more or less agree with this here.

The police need to investigate. There needs to be something more than nothing. A boy lost his life; surely they can be arsed to at least show due diligence?
Old 2012-04-02, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
Vecha
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post

The police need to investigate. There needs to be something more than nothing. A boy lost his life; surely they can be arsed to at least show due diligence?
Yeah...I agree with that. I hope they are investigating with some form of competence. Justice is led by humans...which leads to imperfections.

Alot better than relying on the media though.

Hopefully by having the chief of police, or whatever he was, step down...they can actually find out what went down...and if Zimmerman is full of shit.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post

Yeah I'll agree with this.

But again, how do we know they're not doing anything? We don't. We know what a biased media feeds us.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

We don't exactly know what happened...we can guess/hypothesize/etc...but we can't confirm or deny whether he chased the kid down and shot him...there are alot of holes in his story, yes, but I don't think any of us are qualified to jump to any conclusions..yet.
We know he followed Martin because of the 911 call and statement to the police.

And Zimmerman was allowed to walk, so who thinks it's acceptable? Well, I guess the state legislature which made a law saying that people could do that sort of thing and just walk away from it.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-02 at 02:49 PM.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
WildGunsTomcat
Master Sergeant

Yeah...I agree with that. I hope they are investigating with some form of competence. Justice is led by humans...which leads to imperfections.

Alot better than relying on the media though.

Hopefully by having the chief of police, or whatever he was, step down...they can actually find out what went down...and if Zimmerman is full of shit.
Also, he stepped down not because of incompetence or any mishandling Vecha...he stepped down because people were threatening his kids' lives.

News Link

Last edited by WildGunsTomcat; 2012-04-02 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

This kind of thing is why I carry a gun, people are stupid and at the end of the day, Id rather be the one standing. Im just waiting for that moment when my shaved head makes me a target for some racist person who hates white... ish people.

Old 2012-04-02, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Or they could get rid of letting people walk around with a gun on them. Seems to me that carrying a gun and hoping someone attacks you so that you can shoot them is maybe not the most healthy attitude.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-02, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:53 AM.
Old 2012-04-02, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Or they could get rid of letting people walk around with a gun on them. Seems to me that carrying a gun and hoping someone attacks you so that you can shoot them is maybe not the most healthy attitude.
Yeah, cause that is the reason I have a CCW... liberals...

Old 2012-04-02, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Im just waiting for that moment when my shaved head makes me a target for some racist person who hates white... ish people.
So you wrote this words but didn't mean to imply that you're anticipating someone targeting you based on race? I guess I'm just too liberally liberal to liberal through this post and liberal your meaning liberal.

Also I vote NDP not Liberal so I'm not a liberal, thanks.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

So you wrote this words but didn't mean to imply that you're anticipating someone targeting you based on race? I guess I'm just too liberally liberal to liberal through this post and liberal your meaning liberal.

Also I vote NDP not Liberal so I'm not a liberal, thanks.
People are fucked up and do fucked up things for a lot of reasons. I dont discriminate between different flavors of fucked, Im armed for them all.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum