worst luck contest - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No baby, its not the beer, I really do love you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-02, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
WSNeo
Master Sergeant

Re: worst luck contest

Originally Posted by Nabeshin View Post
I destroyed a harasser in my comet max, and the tire flew off and instagibbed me.
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
Accidentally drove my Sundie off a cliff. I bailed out, and used my jet-pack to slow my fall. The sundie landed on me...and survived.
The best, lol.

Old 2013-06-02, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

With the Raven NC MAX you can fire the shots, then do a complete 180 and the shots can turn around in flight if done right, this is good for firing again and getting 4 shots to impact at once.

Lets just say it sucks to hit yourself in the back of the head with those 1st two shots
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-06-02, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
chefigata
Private

At the Stronghold, right after our faction captured it, I threw a granade to the spawn room trying to kill some Vanus escaping from the pain zone. Behind the wall that separates the spawn room from the remainder of the base a VS light assault showed his face off, the granade bounced on it going where some NCs were and I got 5 teamkills. I wish I recorded it.

Last edited by chefigata; 2013-06-02 at 03:20 PM.
Old 2013-06-02, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shogun
Contributor
General

i guess the winner is the OP who posted this thread and then was banned shortly after for badly insulting hamma and chipmhazard

that´s a classic "bad luck" scenario.

but a lot of nice murphys law moments you guys described here!
i love them!
would also post some, but most of the time i get killed and have no idea what just happened

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-03, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
i guess the winner is the OP who posted this thread and then was banned shortly after for badly insulting hamma and chipmhazard

that´s a classic "bad luck" scenario.
Was waiting for someone to bring that up

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
but a lot of nice murphys law moments you guys described here!
i love them!
Hehe, aye same here. I certainly can't beat some of these examples

I think the silliest thing I've ever died to was when I had one of my rare killstreaks. So I started running back towards one of the dunes on Indar, just to have a turbo boosting Harrasser fly over said dune, flatten me and drive off.
I'm sure we all had those moments where everything just went perfectly and... Teamkilled

The worst luck I've indirectly caused another player was when I was just hovering with my Mossie at a friendly base. Down comes a friendly droppod. It hits, blows me up, flies off towards the ground and flattens five other friendly players waiting for their sundy.
The guy in the drop pod took it in good stride though

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-03, 05:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Shogun
Contributor
General

hmm, i remember inflicting some of those moments to others

one time a max came running up to me, followed by several mosquitos, dragging a giant trail of explosions. he must have been very happy to survive this with just a hitpoint left, finally reaching me in a safe place, just to witness my problems of distinguishing the repair tool and the pistol...

Old 2013-06-03, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
SirPsycho
Private

I play engy a lot. Once I was in a sunderer with 5 or 6 squad members and we were taking fire. When we stopped in a safe place I jumped out and quickly hit 3 for the repair tool and left clicked. Only I wasn't an engineer, I was a heavy and 3 selected my rocket launcher. IIRC the rocket killed us all.
Old 2013-06-03, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

Enter game and see 3:59 seconds left until the Cold War is over...

Warp to Esamir, redeploy from warpgate to Jager Fist I think, die in 3 seconds the spawn room because the base had just flipped, redeploy to sundy get killed emmidiately because sundy was destroyed, redeploy to another sundy which also explodes a second after I deploy killing me, auto join squad (squad deploy) land on top of a watchtower get sniped a second after I land, I spawn in with like 2:45 seconds left in Cold War first enemy I see drops me, I redeploy again and run out of spawn area and then I see people running in the air......my internet drops out for about 5 minutes....0-5 in under 2 minutes and miss out on XP in cold war.....
Old 2013-06-03, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Shogun
Contributor
General

i was a master of bad luck in ps1.
had especially the habbit of spawning at an ams that is nuked a second after i spawned by an orbital strike. my maximum was 7 (!!!) spawns in a row that got nuked. this wasn´t good for my bloodpreasure

Old 2013-06-03, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Wahooo
Captain

Out done by the last two posts before I even get a chance. I was going to reminisce about PS1 spawns at AMSs getting nuked but my worst was 3, and that was right after I HARTed into an enemy armor column. 0-4 in a matter of moments from logging in but VaderShake has me beat there.

I did have an outfit mate that got a mid-air kill shot on a lib from his lightning and the falling wreckage killed him. Best part was the voice coms "woo did you see that shot I just... WTF!!!"

My first 15 minutes of game time in Beta. Spawned a mossie hit 'E' to gain elevation like PS1... suicide. Notice the plane auto landed, get in start to take off hit the arm of the WG die. Get in an ATV, get run over die. Get in a prowler start heading north from WG get swarmed by reavers. spawn at WG and get that AFK people in the tubes causing instant suicide thing. Spawn at a base and game crashes. Turned off computer.

Large ghost capping parade I'm driving a Sundy around, south side of indar, somehow it gets filled with randoms. Get run into by another sundy turned sideways and roll down the hill. Sundy explodes and I get 12 friendly kills.

Riding as AA in a sundy in my burster, start getting threat from air and I jump out and get run over by a friendly flash and insta-killed... I kinda think max should win in a max vs ATV head on.
Old 2013-06-03, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Basically anything involving debris or grenades.

One time my squad was running up a hill to outflank the enemy (it was going to be a beautiful surprise attack) and a burning fuselage from some plane landed uphill of us and log-rolled down the hill and wiped out about 4-5 people. There was also a time where I swear this Flash debris had a mind of its own and its sole mission was to attack just me; it was stationary when we blew it up, and one little bit basically went sideways and chased me down.

And grenades -- I've basically stopped trying to do fancy trick throws off a doorframe and around a corner; even if you hit the doorframe, it will bounce back at you. I only use them if it's a clear, wide-open throw or if I'm throwing it in a room and I'm right outside the door; otherwise, it will hit the top of the door and bounce back half the time.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion