What if there was only resources and certs? No XP or levels. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Siege the Zerg Lair!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-02, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Re: What if there was only resources and certs? No XP or levels.

My concern with tying specific resources to specific types of certs is that then players will "selfishly" prioritize their own preferred certs over what territory the empire as a whole needs. I put that in quotes because obviously it isn't selfish to play the game the way you want to play, but it also doesn't help the greater faction's war effort.

You would have players and outfits that are heavily invested in one style, whether air, armor, or infantry, staying at the hexes that give them that type of resource (and hence, that type of cert point). Forget the tech plant - even though the empire needs tech, all of the infantry players are going to sit in the Bio Lab and farm, because they don't need tech themselves - they need infantry cert points.

Maybe, theoretically, all the outfits would work together and hold different territories, but there is no way of knowing the balance between the different types of players that would want to fight in a particular type of hex.

Also:

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
Just because you and your guild choose to take the easiest road to "winning", at the expense of making the game fun, does not mean that is how all players choose to or want to play the game. I rerolled to get away from the gotr and at obsession with bringing a dozen mags, scythes, and libs to every minor outpost and spamming the hell out of the spawn rooms until people got bored and went away or logged out. You people, with your choices on how you play the game, are actively ruining any fun that can be had in the game.

Thankfully, not everyone in PS2 feels or plays like you.
I'm not sure what outfit you're talking about. When I'm leading, I'm usually not happy unless my outfit's forces are fighting an even fight or are outnumbered. Ask any big NC outfit on Mattherson, they've fought us on Esamir around our warpgate. GOONS, TAS, WMD, Sturmgrenadier, SuperTroopers, we've fought them all tooth and nail while being outnumbered 75% to 25%. We do it every day. My guys start complaining when we have to ghost cap a few territories so we have adjacency to go for the big fight. Today, I had to ghost cap half of Amerish to get up to the big TR/NC fight at Sungrey. And I did it because I wanted my members to get what they wanted - a big, intense fight.

If you have seen us taking a lot of territory en masse, we're probably trying to threaten the warpgate to get the TR or NC out of Allatum and the Crown and fighting on our terms, in the field. Nobody likes being the meat in the grinder, why should we?

But I'm sure you ran away from us, specifically. I mean, who else could you have possibly encountered on Mattherson that steamrolls around in a big ball of zerg?

Last edited by robocpf1; 2013-02-02 at 08:34 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion