so I heard you say 7$ per weapon and 5$ per camo is expensive... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We like it raw!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-31, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
stargazer093
Sergeant

so I heard you say 7$ per weapon and 5$ per camo is expensive...

really SOE? REALLY?

funny, I thought they were fair in term of pricing...
Old 2013-05-31, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Re: so I heard you say 7$ per weapon and 5$ per camo is expensive...

Companies charge what the market supports.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2013-05-31, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Falcon_br
Captain

Sorry dude, I don´t ready mandarin.
But doing the math, it looks like you can get 13 weapons plus the alpha squad camos and decail for: $40 dollars.
So I have proved you are really dumb, they are selling the alpha squad promo for the same price they sold it on all other countries.
Close topic.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-31, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
But doing the math, it looks like you can get 13 weapons plus the alpha squad camos and decail for: $40 dollars.
So I have proved you are really dumb, they are selling the alpha squad promo for the same price they sold it on all other countries.
Close topic.
This actually made me laugh. That is the alpha squad pack they sold us before release for roughly the same price. The only thing I don't get is that they have a NS Burster on there as the 13th weapon. We only got 12 weapons for our Alpha Squad. So did they rip out the burster we got for free to sell both or did they actually get the 2nd burster free?
Old 2013-05-31, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
stargazer093
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
Close topic.
dude, plz read carefully...

yes, 13 weapons + alpha squad camos for roughly 40$

but in game all these are to worth almost 400$ in total
Old 2013-05-31, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by stargazer093 View Post
dude, plz read carefully...

yes, 13 weapons + alpha squad camos for roughly 40$

but in game all these are to worth almost 400$ in total
You do know that games cost more overseas right? Ever look at steam prices in other countries? Ever look at console game prices in other countries?

I don't understand the issue. That part is like Gryphon said they will charge what the market will bare.

What are prices like for League of Legends or Dota 2 over there?
Old 2013-05-31, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AThreatToYou
Major

Yeah, overseas, games cost a fuckton more. Sometimes it's because of taxes or deliberate market regulation because of video game violence, or if the government [sometimes the people, if it is a representative government] are just offended by a game...

Folks, we live in 'murica. It's going down the shitter but at least it's still 'murica.
Anyhoot, this is stuff sold in China. Anyone who even has $17 to spend on anything but food, clothes, or rent is going to also have thousands of other dollars to blow away on leisure suits and US Treasury bonds.

At least that's my take on it.
Old 2013-05-31, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
moosepoop
Captain

china has inflation right now from economic boom, 230 rmb is nothing.
Old 2013-05-31, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sunrock
Major

Well I only buy SC when its double or triple weekend and I only buy stuff that are on sale so a 7$ weapon ends up cost $1.2 witch is what I think it's worth.
Old 2013-06-01, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

OP knows this isn't an american ad right? Yes it reads " 20$ per weapon" but you're forgetting it's a different economy.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-06-01, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
OP knows this isn't an american ad right? Yes it reads " 20$ per weapon" but you're forgetting it's a different economy.
With the global trading economy we live in today the difference between different countries economies are small. $20 is worth about the same in any country in the world to day unlike how it was 30 years ago.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
psijaka
Contributor
Major

@OP - SoE are a business; their primary aim is to make a profit, and they can charge whatever they like. Just as we as consumers can choose not to buy.

And it is perfectly possible to not spend a single SC and to still do well and have fun with the default weapons.
Old 2013-06-01, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Falcon_br
Captain

So, they are selling the alpha squad there for the same price they sold here, $40 bucks and you will also receive a free buster, so on day one some people will have anti air, and rocket pods will not farms all day long without real retaliation, like it was on the first two months of the game...
They price is the same $40 bucks, I am ok with that.

The point of the topic is, that the price on China will be ridiculous high!
Everyone agrees that $5 buck on a single camouflage is too much, on China it will cost $16.30 each! Yeah, more then 3 times!
Weapons prices are more hard to tell, because there are weapons of from 700 SC on that bundle to weapons of 250 sc, so it is hard to tell.
Did a research about China minimum wage, average wage, my profession wage there and my conclusion is: The wage there is a bit smaller then the Brazilian that is even smaller then the US wage.
So, it will be very expensive for the Chinese to buy stuff on planetside, and there won´t be gold farmers on the game like there are on all game servers, unless they manage to unlock all weapons with certs during a week and sell the account afterwards.
Also we know there will be taxes, but here on Brazil all prices are very high because of taxes that we all know most of then will vanish into the corruption, but the SC price here are using the standard rate of conversion, 1 United State Dolar = 2 Brazilian Real, so I pay R$ 100 for 5.000 SC (of course I only buy on double or triple sale, but those are on the standard rate), it doesn´t make sense to cost $300 dollars for the chinese to buy 5.000 SC if I can buy it for $50 dollars!
But it is not the SC price that it will be increased, I am sure that on China you can buy 5.000 SC for $50 dollars, what will be increase there are the ingame items cost, what you can buy here for 500 SC, there it will cost 1700 SC each!
The reality is, I don´t give a F about China, and I do know most of people here don´t give a F about Brazil, so there is not much to discuss here.
But my guess is that on the advertise the prices are wrong, those won´t be the final costs of items on the game, they made a prevision, we all know sometimes the market guys do wrong math when doing an advertise, the solution for the US alpha squad sale it was not to tell the prices of the items you were going to receive, because there wasn´t a way to know how much they were going to cost, most people said here that the prices would be around 100 to 300 SC, nobody expect what we got, but we DEAL WITH IT! So doing an advertising with prices before having the final prices are bad, that´s maybe be the source of all this misunderstanding and may not be true.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-06-01, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Phreec
Corporal

You don't even have to go that far to find ridiculously priced games. In Sweden most ~$60 release day games (on PC nevertheless) cost up to $90. It's even more in Norway...
Old 2013-06-02, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Dear god... if those prices are accurate then I really feel sorry for foreign customers. I mean its bad enough that we can't hear you on coms over the sound of freedom and gunfire but add that to the prices.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion