PSU: Meet the king.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-07-28, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally Posted by Sputty
The RIAA is facing obsolescence and rather than stop it by using new technology, lowering prices to affordable levels or alter marketing they're fighting by attacking the consumers. Basically, they're being retarded and short sighted which shouldn't come as a surprise.

You may say "look at itunes" but the RIAA is basically charging a huge amount to apple per sale and have a huge amount of conditions to go along with it, as well as only allow playing music on an ipod or with iTunes. The other pay sites don't allow for true downloading either, making it far easier to get it off kazaa and wait for a spot to download so you can burn it on a cd, put it on your mp3 players, etc.
Summed up my thoughts exactly. The problem here is that the RIAA can't grasp the concept that you can't expect people to pay for what they can get for free.

Instead of keeping with technology and offering reasonable alternatives, they're screaming and crying, further alienating any potential customerbase.
Old 2004-07-29, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
OfaLoaf
Colonel

Alright, looked this up... try the alt.binaries thingy from usernet.... ah.... via Supernews.com.
It's a monthly subscription that Charter uses but doesn't own.... go for the 3 Gig a month download subscription, it's 6 bucks... you'll access it by outlook express (or at least that's how we do it), go choose the newsgroups you want (mp3s are in alt.binaries.sounds.mp3. area), and you have a screen like this:

you have to select all the files for that one song, right click, and select 'Combine and Decode'. press OK and you're done.
That is all for today's class. Next lesson we'll cover yEnc.

That's not my e-mail! Really! Stop looking at it that way....

Last edited by OfaLoaf; 2004-07-29 at 09:07 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge