Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-26, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

[grovelling] I want your help

Okay, so there's this site out there that a friend has verified for me is legit, and they give away Ipods if you refer 5 people to the service who then use one of their links to sign up and use something. If you use a dummy email address, you can then use the same dummy email to sign up for Ebay, and the only thing you have to do on Ebay is place a bid (not win) in order to complete the referral. Bid a dollar on a plasma screen TV and you'll never owe anything, and if 5 of you do it I'll have an Ipod. If we work this kind of like the Gmail thing, keep it a little bit organized, we can probably get quite a few Ipods just here at PSU. So if you do complete a referral for me, please post so that you can not only have my undying thanks, but so that we don't have more than 5 people do it and waste a referral that might be useful for somebody else here. Anybody willing to help a brother out?

edited out anyway

Last edited by Strygun; 2004-07-26 at 02:12 PM.
Old 2004-07-26, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

No.

Get a job, make some money, buy it. I work for a living - so should you.

Have a nice day.
Old 2004-07-26, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly
No.

Get a job, make some money, buy it. I work for a living - so should you.

Have a nice day.
Got a job, do work for a living, don't feel like spending $300 if I don't need to. My day is going well though, hope yours does the same.
Old 2004-07-26, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

This is a textbook scam/ploy for advertising. If this website was for real, then how come more people don't know about it?
Old 2004-07-26, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't.

This is a textbook scam/ploy for advertising. If this website was for real, then how come more people don't know about it?
I normally agree, wholeheartedly. And I won't lie and say I know anybody that has gotten an Ipod from them. I have a friend who knows a couple of people who have gotten Ipods from them. I trust him, he trusts them. There's still an extra degree of separation between myself and people who have supposedly received the Ipods. It's hard to see the big downside in giving it a try though. If these guys created this scam and get some extra advertising money because of me, I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to sleep at night. If it's not a scam and an Ipod shows up in the mail, well I've got no problems with that either.
If people aren't comfortable with it, absolutely don't do it. I'll be happy to let you all know for sure whether or not an Ipod shows up once I get the referrals. If people are comfortable, or just really don't care but are willing, that's great and appreciated.
Old 2004-07-26, 11:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Hezzy
Contributor
General

It's a well known pyramind scheme.

For every 120 or so people who sign up, 2 people get an iPod. There's nearly no way you're going to get that iPod. Unless you happen to own 120 seperate houses.
Old 2004-07-26, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

nothing more to see here. move along.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge