PS Next: Wishlist - Page 18 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of "The 404"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-09, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #256
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Re: PS Next: Wishlist

Okay so after seeing a quick peak and hearing gamplay i wanna add my wishlist item "Wing suites" if you seen the new transformers movie there in there but they been doing it for a while look up "wing suites" on youtube.
heres 1 real quick
Old 2011-07-09, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #257
artifice
Staff Sergeant

A neutral planet where outfits can explore and establish outfit cities and bases with primary outfit vs outfit battles.
Old 2011-07-10, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #258
Tikuto
Major

Dynamic Simulated Weather System

Dynamic Simulated Weather System
(Sandbox style)

Yup. SOE needs some geologists and a weatherman. Professional highest world-advanced type of people and technology. Get those and make it happen.

some considerations to how it would work ...
PS2 will have different continents with different climates but how is the alien world of Auraxis making this happen?
While PS2 may have different continents with different climates, how are those current affect the world's weather system?
What I'm saying is ... let it be a true real-like simulation of an alien world - of Auraxis. I always enjoyed just watching how it worked in P1.

permanently changing the world's weather
By a constant 'eco-friendly war' on this planet, the use of devastating weaponry that affects the planet could affect everyone (weather Sandbox feature affecting players) whilst also displeasing your Empire's command as well as other Empire's: generally upsetting every inhabitant of Auraxis.
  • eco-friendly weaponry (readily-available)
  • eco-unfriendly weaponry (requires authorization?)
eco-unfriendly: Great power. Great responsibility. Great consequences.
Great solutions? (Terraforming facilities - skirmish gameplay).

standing objective
Keep the terraforming plants active or face the consequences.

Each empire would visibly see a gauge of the alien planet's condition. All terraformers(+), eco-unfriendly weaponry(-) and resource extraction(-) affects this meter positively and negatively.
  • Consequences would be abandoning 90% of your Empires territory for the sake of saving the planet.
  • If an empire is failing, they can purge the world by deciding to target terraforming plants, which in return will gradually destroy Auraxis because of eternal war and sending the weather system crazy.
    • The empire which does this is of course totally fucking insane affecting themselves and ever other empire.

objective shift
SAVE OUR ALIEN PLANET!
Ultimately, it'd be the players shaping the weather from stable to unstable, which soon would become a world-wide problem (shifting Empire objectives).
  • Instead of all three empires utilizing resources, they'd deny the use of them.
  • Instead of taking over territory, empires would neutralize them and place empire-controlled terraforming facilities (shifting empires back to their player-chosen relatively small consolidated home land).
  • Once this 'eco event' begins empires will notice they're losing resources, territory(neutralized land) and tech instead of gaining. Essentially reseting the game.
  • Empire eco-unfriendly tech is high priority target to save world and their empire; their selves.
After a week of this different gameplay i guess Auraxis would have quickly become a safer atmosphere again shown by a reset of the weather system. A very long event lasting days (depending speed of all players neutralizing the planet) of something different.

Like in old PlanetSide1, there was a weather system. In P2 I believe we're all expecting just that, but with P2 we're also expecting everything better than P1.
Another idea would be to reinforce the existence of warpgates to avoid lethal frequent Auraxis weather conditions.

[URL="http://t.co/wHak5U5R"]Floating Mountains[/URL
PlanetSide 2: Alien Incursion
(PlanetSide 2 Steam Community Group)

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-07-10 at 03:44 PM.
Old 2011-07-10, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #259
Bags
Lieutenant General

"Matt: We've got a really cool weather system design, I'm hoping we can squeeze it in for launch. Gameplay affecting things like volumetric fog/clouds shouldn't be able to be toggled."
Old 2011-07-10, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #260
Lithious
Private

-Every faction should have a "Capital" or "Mothership" where u can run around and see cool things, read about your factions history and maybe teach special certificates etc.

- Passive creatures on each continent, just something more than just plain vegetation. Makes the world feel a little more alive!
Old 2011-07-10, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #261
artifice
Staff Sergeant

Players should have energy shields and health bar similar to Halo 1. It is a good balance between regeneration and health that needs to be healed. It keeps people on the battlefield longer without necessarily requiring a medic to heal him.

Last edited by artifice; 2011-07-10 at 03:50 PM.
Old 2011-07-10, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #262
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Players should have energy shields and health bar similar to Halo 1. It is a good balance between regeneration and health that needs to be healed. It keeps people on the battlefield longer without necessarily requiring a medic to heal him.

GET
OUT!

NOW!

Srsly, no, please no. The entire health regeneration is annoying. It just makes come around a corner, shoot 3 bullets, get hit 2 times, retreat, wait, repeat. That does work well with like 16 vs 16. But 200 vs 200 vs 200? ERr NO!
Old 2011-07-11, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #263
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Well this is what I added to my survey all that time ago, and it's all still relevant, so here it is:

(Reading it back nowadays the Star Wars reference feels a bit lame, bit was the easiest way of getting my point across)

A combination of space combat and planetside combat, with shared objectives between the two.
So imagine if you could take the last battle from Return of the Jedi, where a war was being waged on Endor and in space above it, and there are shared objectives between the two. So the battle planetside involves disabling the shield generators to allow the Rebels to attack the Death Star. And only when the generators are down can they proceed with the attack. If you could translate the cool factor and scale of that kind of experience to PS, I could die a happy man.

The one thing that gets slightly old is the unwinnable war situation. One way to remedy this would be to create a persistent world, but have areas of the universe unlock in a manner that suggests an ongoing campaign. When the different Empires complete objectives, it would advance the story, and unlock the next chapter of the campaign/story.
So you could do planets or systems, and then each Empire would have stats like planets or systems captured?
You would move on to the next campaign, or there may be the opportunity of doing something else to give you a chance at winning back a previous system.

The most interesting battles I've had have been out in the open, moving from one base to the next. An important requirement for me would be for more possibilities of this type of action.
There's a couple of ways you could achieve this :
I'd like to see more objectives out in the open, so not just capture a base.
But maybe capture other important strategic objectives, like shield generators or relay stations, that sort of thing. And for those objectives to give tangible benefits during the campaign.
Another way to make these dynamic battle lines possible is to have movable command ships/command bases. So Outift leads can only command and issue orders, get access to orbital strikes etc, when they are in a command ship. And all the Outfit leaders would have to be in the same ship. And if it had a particular range, then the battle would naturally flow out from the command ships. It would then be extra important to defend them as well.

Other important requirements for me are :

A persistent world

Varied layouts and styles of bases/space stations.

Retaining the skill factor of the traditional PS, through CoF, and highly skilled weapon types like the Lancer.

Keep the Cert Points system, and then extend it to cover additional areas like space ships.

Retain the high diversity of weapons and vehicles, both ground and air, and also translate that to space combat.

Place a very strong focus on Outfits, I'd love to see Outfits be able to create their own bases/space stations, and upgrade them with Outfit points.
You could even make these attackable by the opposing empires.

Have a working VOIP technology and embed it into the UI.
So commanders should be able to communicate to squad/platoon leaders by simply clicking on them through some sort of UI system when they are managing their squads/platoons.

For commanders/outfit leaders/platoon leaders/squad leaders to interact and deliver order through more of an RTS style interface.
Old 2011-07-11, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #264
artifice
Staff Sergeant

Honestly, I want a way to actually win the war. Then the world can reset and it starts again.
Old 2011-07-11, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #265
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Honestly, I want a way to actually win the war. Then the world can reset and it starts again.
and take away the persistent tag? no thanks
Old 2011-07-11, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #266
NCLynx
Major

I liked the way it was done in the original on that little map you could look at on the website. It would say who had the most at the end of the day was the winner, it wouldn't reset everything but you could see when things changed.
Old 2011-07-11, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #267
moosepoop
Captain

i wish tr and nc tank drivers can get a small gun like the vanu to make it less boring.
Old 2011-07-11, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #268
Lunarchild
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by moosepoop View Post
i wish tr and nc tank drivers can get a small gun like the vanu to make it less boring.
Might very well be a tank upgrade, if it's not there by default
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion