Do you believe your faction is correct? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Shushaw!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which faction & why?
I am TR, because I support their agenda. 68 20.06%
I am TR for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 56 16.52%
I am NC, because I support their agenda. 52 15.34%
I am NC, for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 57 16.81%
I am VS, because I support their agenda. 57 16.81%
I am VS for gameplay/aesthetic/social reasons. 49 14.45%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-05, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
archaonn
Corporal

Re: Do you believe your faction is correct?

Too bad your fav faction is the vanu.We need people like you.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Dropshockmedic
Private

Lols Loverator, cool your engines.

I will play Vanu Souvereignity because of their gameplay-aspects.
But from the Agenda view im a total NewConglomerate.

Because its true and without the respect for the individual, you will always pilot into a dark and unsecure future.
Security and cooperation can never be forced, it comes natural or it doesnt come at all.

And yeah the videoclips when US-Cops go wild are so ugly I cant describe it but those are (hopefully) just the worse clips.
But what to expect from a coldhearted system that will not support people that lost their jobs currently and let everyone look for themself?

There is no better motivation for crime and murder as the fact that your only alternative is to die or live like a dog. And you cant be sure what tomorrow will be like.
And then you see this ugly, fat and arrogant wealthy people and simply notice the injustice of the system.
And when you cant feel justice, you take it in your own hands.
Or drop moral values that just doesn work.

People end up more likely to commit crimes and more violent ones.
And trying to stop it with EVEN MORE VIOLENCE WONT WORK since you just show the citizens that they are in the right and the stronger ones are still eating the weak ones like there would be no culture at all !!
And then organized crime is fast on the move as well.
Its said that the USA got the most evil citizens and most criminals.

But thats not true!! The system just sucks donkeyballs!

Here in Germany there can be only one reason why you become a criminal. And that is truly that you
where an asshole before and started to commit crimes out of sheer arrogance or the belief you could get away with it.
People dont starve here, people dont freeze here to death, people always got an alternative.

Our government may be busy sucking the d**s of countless other countrys but the system running right now is very proper and values human life. As every country should.

But im wont focus on the Lore-Aspects of the game.
TR may be devils to me but at the same time hey its better
as just " Red -vs- Blue -vs- Indigo " .
I dont hang myself up on this aspects. Thats nice that the fractions got so much identity.
But its just so that there is a reason for PvP. A beautiful detailled reason.

So thanks TR for existing and being human-monsters
and I will end your lifes fast and mercyless. ^^

Last edited by Dropshockmedic; 2012-07-05 at 02:13 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by cBselfmonkey View Post
Unless the Sovereignty wins. In which case any returning Vanu would probably be welcomed with open arms as living gods regardless of their actual intent towards humanity.
Like I said, only a few lunatics worship them. The rest can actually think for themselves and understand how desperate of a situation they are in.

Also, using the Vanu's own tech against them probably wouldn't be the best idea. They would know its strengths and weaknesses better then mankind ever could, after all they made it. We're just trying to figure out their old blueprints. And that's assuming the Sovereignty's reversed engineered tech is even a match for real Vanu technology in its prime.
Researching their tech wouldn't be just for using it, it would be for understanding it and combating it. Even if we can't do anything against them, it is better then sitting on or hands or fighting over chicken nuggets with the kid sitting next to you.

The 'evidence' I was referring to was Auraxis itself. Completely abandoned, yet with all the Vanu cities and toys left behind. Apparently for anyone to find. Not exactly the behavior you'd expect from an advanced, supposedly 'enlightened' race. It is however what you'd expect from a people suddenly wiped out or faced with some kind of serious cataclysm.
That isn't evidence, that is called an assumption. We can't even begin to understand what happened.

The references were just examples as to how the Sovereignty's 'much better option' could easily end up doing more damage to humanity then the TR or NC ever could. At worst they'd end up delaying human advancement because of the war. The VS at worst could easily destroy the human race from within just by pure accident.
We should probably get rid of all of the gold rings we find too, since if Sauron finds the right one we will be in a lot of trouble.

Again, that could just as easily make humanity weaker targets or indeed willing victims. Vanu tech is certainly powerful but its far from being shown to be safe. Indeed the actions of the Sovereignty, going from peaceful researchers to leading an aggressive Empire in a three way slug-fest doesn't speak well to that.
Hiding under the covers won't make the monster go away. Like I said, it would be a necessary evil.

Last edited by Otleaz; 2012-07-05 at 02:35 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
KrazeyVIII
Corporal

We know what's right for you. Loyalty Until Death.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Arovien
First Sergeant

TR because I believe and enjoy their play style.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

I also prefer the TR playstyle, but I can't budge from what I believe is best, even if it is just a game I feel I will enjoy myself more this way.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

I support the TR because I think they have the final solution for all of Auraxis' problems.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
archaonn
Corporal

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
I support the TR because I think they have the final solution for all of Auraxis' problems.

Kill all the jewish people?
Old 2012-07-05, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Can't really say, as the new VS storyline hasn't been entirely revealed.
Old 2012-07-05, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Stew
Major

Iam Nc because of their agenda , they are suposed to be free thinkers and freedoms figthers , I already know some NC clans are some ideological taitors they are traitors to the cause and are mostly whats NC is suposed to DEEPLY HATE ! Yes some Nc clans will look like tyran and they are but these are no true NC and they belong to be TR !

NC defend the rigths of everyones , rich ? poor ? it dosent matters , Equallity , justice and freedom

Last edited by Stew; 2012-07-05 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by archaonn View Post
Kill all the jewish people?
Old 2012-07-05, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Zalmoxis
Sergeant

The NC fight for freedom right? That is basically their sole purpose.

Don't the VS fight for freedom as well? They fight for freedom and the advancement of the human race as an entire species.

That's why I don't really understand why people choose NC for their desire for liberty when the VS want the same thing too. Can somebody explain?
Old 2012-07-05, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post

Don't the VS fight for freedom as well? They fight for freedom and the advancement of the human race as an entire species.

That's why I don't really understand why people choose NC for their desire for liberty when the VS want the same thing too. Can somebody explain?
VS fight for a .... unconventional new direction with xenophilic overtones.

It's kinda like everyone signing the declaration of Independence, and Ben Franklin comes in and says "Don't forget about the part where we start building a giant cannon to shoot us all into space!"

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-05 at 05:34 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by Zalmoxis View Post

The general idea seems to be that NC are more about individual freedoms and VS want to usher all mankind into a better future via alien technology.

NC believes VS are koolaid drinkers who want to make humanity something different and the VS believe the NC are idealistic and directionless at best, and corporate shills at worst.
Old 2012-07-05, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I mostly just hate the Vanu.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion