Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-08-22, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info
I finally got Arcanum!

After weeks of searching through bargain bins in stores, asking countless customer service representatives, and wading through the bowels of cyber space at shabby download speeds, I have finally found arcanum! It ended up being the last copy in toys R us, even though it costted double the amount which i had originally wanted to pay ($12, ended up being $25), the game is soo worth it. Never has throwing molotov cocktails at zombies been so rewarding in my life!

W00t for Arcanum!!!!!
Old 2003-08-22, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

lol after all that time and 25 dollars i wouldnt think it was worth it.
Old 2003-08-22, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ZodCRC
Private

Originally posted by Onizuka
lol after all that time and 25 dollars i wouldnt think it was worth it.
bull shiz n00b!

that game owns and would be worth all the effort imho
Old 2003-08-22, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

That game pwns.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-08-22, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: I finally got Arcanum!

Originally posted by Derfud
After weeks of searching through bargain bins in stores, asking countless customer service representatives, and wading through the bowels of cyber space at shabby download speeds, I have finally found arcanum! It ended up being the last copy in toys R us, even though it costted double the amount which i had originally wanted to pay ($12, ended up being $25), the game is soo worth it. Never has throwing molotov cocktails at zombies been so rewarding in my life!

W00t for Arcanum!!!!!
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-08-22, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Never heard of it
Old 2003-08-22, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

http://www.rpgplanet.com/arcanum/
Old 2003-08-23, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Corrosion

Misc Info

Looks gay IMO........... brings back memory of that one really game game, Diablo II.

^^^ Most exciting screenshot!

-C

EDIT: Spelling
Old 2003-08-23, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Terran Sniper
First Sergeant

Diablo II and Lord of destruction are fuckin awesome! especially Battle.net
Old 2003-08-23, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Spider
General

Corrosion don't judge a game by it's screenshots... I mean... for christs sake play any black isle game or any game (rpg's) made by the fallout team... you will see.

I mean the damned game as SOOOOOOO much gameplay it oozes out of the disc. Not like the latest rpg's... like diablo 2 wich is basicly: ''I Have a big sword and for no reason but self-righteous acts I'm gonna help people!'' In this you get to choose every thing. Let's say you have this quest where an elf wants to pay you for his lost ring... well he wants to give you 100 gold... now you don't want that gold so you say fuck it I'm gonna keep the ring and sell it for more... but then the same elf you screwed over learns you did it... later in the game you might get raped by his bodyguards...

I'ts all a big related story... each character can like or dislike you... dwarves hate elves naturally... I don't suggest pissing them off even more... and at the end every action you took affects the end... I'm gonna take the example from fallout.

The big boss is the huge brain that created the mutants... now you have the option of pissing him off and fighting him afterwards... now everyone can take this option even the guy with 5 intelligence who usually replies ''Ugh''. But by some side-quests... you can find out the mutants are sterile so his perfect race is doomed to die sooner or later. But to find that out you need the correct stats something of the sort of 7 charisma and alot in speech skill. You tell that to the brain and he's just gonna go crazy and kill himself and the surrounding mutants...

It's just as simple as that, you affect the game not the game affects you like every damn modern RPG.
Old 2003-08-23, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Corrosion

Misc Info

Sounds cool now that someone explains it.

THX...... Spider

-C
Old 2003-08-23, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Actually, the wonderful thing about arcanum is the Tech/Magic meter. In the good ole RPGs you could either only be pretty much Pure melee, Ranged with a bow, Magic, or some kind of hybrid of those. But In arcanum, you can still be just melee, but on the other end, the intelligent end, there is magic, and technology. With technology, you can learn schematics to build tools, weapons, explosives, traps, potions, exilers, and all sorts of other goodies. There are also some schematics which you can find, and use to make more powerful items, or sometimes ammunition (Bullets, Fuel, Batteries, etc...). With magic, you cast spells, heal, and all other manner of things. But tech and magic don't mix ver well at all. If you are too powerful of a wizard, you wont be let onto the train at all, if not having to sit in the special, "magic protected caboose", otherwise the results could be catostrophic. If you are far at either end of the scale, in a shop of the opposite end, the shopkeeper wont even talk to you. For example, a magic shopkeeper would only throw insults at my Techie character instead of being able to trade with him.

It's hard to explain, but the game is nothing like Diablo, or Diablo 2. Which in that makes a big difference, as Diablo was easy to explain: Hack n Slash.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge