Pros and cons of each faction? (Specifically VS) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Necrophilia: That Uncontrollable Urge To Crack Open A Cold One.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-14, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
lGhostl
Private

Pros and cons of each faction? (Specifically VS)

So NC is mainly heavy, lots of recoil but lots of firepower, lots of armor and health.
TR is mainly light, but easy to kill. Fast maneuvering and high firing rate.
VS is energy and accuracy. But energy weapons have both light and heavy? I see that the VS weapons deal less damage over a distance though. So is VS a mix between light and heavy, and their weapons get weaker over distance but are highly accurate?

Serious answers only please. I'm seriously trying to decide on a faction and I don't want a bunch of people arguing over why this faction looks dumb or VS is a bunch of crazy barbie dolls or whatever.
My playstyle is pretty light and stealthy. Some of my favorite games are games like splinter cell, and any game where I can sneak around and kill things. This is why I'm choosing infiltrator.
Old 2012-07-14, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Re: Pros and cons of each faction? (Specifically VS)

The way I understand it is, if you have solid aim then the NC are arguably the better faction to join. Since they do more damage per bullet, your damage output will be higher if you can consistently land those shots.

Vanu, lacking bullet drop, will possibly be the easiest faction if you have some skills and moderate experience.

The TR put more rounds downrange faster, but do lower damage per bullet, so landing bursts is important, probably placing them second in the difficulty range with NC on top and easy mode Vanu at the bottom.

On the other hand, I might be totally talking out of my ass.
Old 2012-07-20, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
The way I understand it is, if you have solid aim then the NC are arguably the better faction to join. Since they do more damage per bullet, your damage output will be higher if you can consistently land those shots.

Vanu, lacking bullet drop, will possibly be the easiest faction if you have some skills and moderate experience.

The TR put more rounds downrange faster, but do lower damage per bullet, so landing bursts is important, probably placing them second in the difficulty range with NC on top and easy mode Vanu at the bottom.
Or you could say that NC is the easiest faction since they got the largest advantage when they get the drop on someone which favors noob camping. Also noob campers believe that the NC are the easiest to kill with at long range which is also a reason noob campers favors them. NC noobs do believe that they are the pro faction even though TR is the faction for old school twitch based run n gun FPS players and Navu is the hardest faction to play since their weapons are so revealing that you need to think really carefully before you shoot at unsuspecting enemies since they will be able to pinpoint your location instantly.

There are no noob factions or pro factions though, every faction have their positives and negatives. It is easiest to camp with NC, it is easiest to run in and smoke out a house with TR, I don't really know what is easy with NS though they really haven't given any of their weapons strong points they just seem overall average with no strong point. No bullet drop is not an advantage if it means that their shots will lose potency instead. Also they don't seem to get anything to make up for their flashy effects.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-20 at 05:54 AM.
Old 2012-07-20, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
TAA
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
It is easiest to camp with NC, it is easiest to run in and smoke out a house with TR, I don't really know what is easy with NS though they really haven't given any of their weapons strong points they just seem overall average with no strong point. No bullet drop is not an advantage if it means that their shots will lose potency instead. Also they don't seem to get anything to make up for their flashy effects.
Playing Vanu is like charging into combat with a disco ball in your hands. It doesn't get much cooler than that.
Old 2012-07-14, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ganymede
Contributor
Private

until we get into beta or live, I think this question is going to be difficult to answer with the exception of people that have had the chance to play the game at conventions or other events. Even with that said, they did not get to expierence everything. We are going to have to see balance after beta to make these informed choices.
Old 2012-07-14, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DukeTerror
Private

Would not judge them yet on armor/health. That may only apply to the aircraft, I have heard nothing on infantry or even tanks being armored differently.

For their weapons, there tend to be the traditional theme:
TR have faster shooting weapons so that tends to do better at closer range, even if that includes less damage per shot. Comes with larger clips too.

NC have the harder yet slower shooting weapons. So their rifles were generally better at range but they also had a shotgun option which was good for surprises.

VS sit in the middle of fire rate and damage per shot, but yes either have good accuracy or other unique characteristics (like no bullet drop)

The new system lets you mod your weapons a lot, so a TR could slow a rifle down for more damage per shot or the opposite for NC.

I say think what your favorite COD or traditional game weapon is and match that. I like always using the P90 up close or 3 burst M16 so a TR is just right for me. . NC would be like a MG36? Hard to say what Vanu relate with. If your not happy with the chosen style, just mod it up till you like it.
Old 2012-07-14, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
MrMorton
Sergeant

Originally Posted by lGhostl View Post
So NC is mainly heavy, lots of recoil but lots of firepower, lots of armor and health.
TR is mainly light, but easy to kill. Fast maneuvering and high firing rate.
VS is energy and accuracy. But energy weapons have both light and heavy? I see that the VS weapons deal less damage over a distance though. So is VS a mix between light and heavy, and their weapons get weaker over distance but are highly accurate?

Serious answers only please. I'm seriously trying to decide on a faction and I don't want a bunch of people arguing over why this faction looks dumb or VS is a bunch of crazy barbie dolls or whatever.
My playstyle is pretty light and stealthy. Some of my favorite games are games like splinter cell, and any game where I can sneak around and kill things. This is why I'm choosing infiltrator.
vs: high accuracy/high recoil/medium damage/medium rof
tr: low accuracy/low recoil/ low-medium damage/high rof
nc: medium accuracy/medium recoil/ high damage/ low rof

as far as infiltrator goes, if you want long range sniping, go nc for the bolt driver (only bolt action in the game)

otherwise vs seems the more infiltrator appropriate faction
Old 2012-07-15, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
fb III IX ca IV
Corporal

Also, vehicles. The VS Magrider can strafe, which no other tank can do. The VS aircraft are also a lot more maneuverable, and harder to fly, so it would be the faction to join if you are an aspiring pilot.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
codylee
Private

Basicly the devs have said choose the faction you like not based off stats because you will be able customize your weapon almost to the point where it's just like the other factions gun so i guess you should go with whatever side tickles your fancy for a stealth character Nc has a really cool look you could buy thats all black but if you don't want to pay at all then i would.. i would go.. hmm if i was choosing based on infiltrator i would do VS.. for the beamer :P Have you seen that thing in one of the Streams? epic lol. if none of this helps at all try all 3 empires and find the one that performs and/or looks how you would want

Last edited by codylee; 2012-07-15 at 01:23 AM.
Old 2012-07-15, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dubious
Sergeant

IMO, speaking from experience with PS1

TR got best overall infantry

NC got best VHs

VS got best Maxs
Old 2012-07-18, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ShowNoMercy
Corporal

Originally Posted by Dubious View Post

NC got best VHs

VS got best Maxs
This was not the case at all.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hosp
First Sergeant

I've posted this b4 and I'll post it again:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...S2Analysis.jpg
Old 2012-07-19, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
greenberetdelta
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hosp View Post
I've posted this b4 and I'll post it again:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...S2Analysis.jpg
i want to read this looks interesting but 2 problems. what with the white square under accuracy falloff and what does accuracy falloff mean? also how can i zoom in on the pic with out getting pixelated words?
Old 2012-07-18, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Dubious View Post

NC got best VHs

VS got best Maxs
It's an opinion and not necessarily a fact.

NC have best HA at short range, TR best at longer range, VS in the middle.

NC best max

NC worst tank, VS best....

it's all just an opinion.

As to which empire is best ... they'll be balanced overall.
Old 2012-07-15, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Accuser
Sergeant Major

I really think we'll just have to wait until Beta to know. We know NC will have high damage, low rate of fire and TR will have low damage, high rate of fire. I think they'll just tweak VS until it feels different than the others, which will probably put it right in the middle...

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions