[EU] Ventures - Competitive, Combined Arms - venturesguild.com - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: hamma no function beer well without
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-07-17, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sensational
Private

Exclamation [EU] Ventures - Competitive, Combined Arms - venturesguild.com

(It's become fairly obvious that this squad structure will have to change, going to await something more final before we make the changes. No point converting to a 6 man squad structure only to have it change again during beta.)

http://venturesguild.com

Our website covers most of what you might want to know about us in a very accessible format so I'll try to keep it short here.

Ventures is a multigaming organization, we've been around for almost 2 years and we've done very well in the games we've played. Now our core is going into Guild Wars 2 and Planetside 2 (You don't have to play both of course) and we're very excited for both these games. We hope to play them for years to come and we're looking to build on and expand our core, which means we're looking to recruit likeminded individuals who wish to be a part of a lasting community with ambitious goals.

If you're interested, have a look at http://venturesguild.com/recruitment, it is a fairly extensive section that covers practically everything and is aimed at those who really care about what group they play with.

Last edited by Sensational; 2012-08-07 at 07:14 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: [EU] Ventures - Competitive, Combined Arms - venturesguild.com

You say 30 players per platoon but won't you need more to man the liberators' and vanguards' turrets ?
Old 2012-07-18, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sensational
Private

Originally Posted by derito View Post
You say 30 players per platoon but won't you need more to man the liberators' and vanguards' turrets ?
Last I heard they did away with multi-crew vehicles. But that may just be me making a mistake, if so we would have to change the squad composition which isn't really a big deal. The idea would remain the same, the combined arms approach allows us to be flexible and versatile, while also allowing for many playstyles in the same outfit.

Last edited by Sensational; 2012-07-18 at 12:02 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
derito
Contributor
Sergeant

The vanguard pilot do control the main cannon and its coaxial MG but there is still the gun on the top of the turret. And the liberator need players for its heavy cannon and its tail gun (although with instant seat swapping one could argue that you only need one crewman to operate both).
Of course it's details since the exact platoon composition can't really be known for sure until everyone gets a few dozens hours under their belt to really get a feel of how PS2 will actually work.
Anyway, enjoy your stay on Auraxis

Last edited by derito; 2012-07-18 at 12:18 PM.
Old 2012-07-18, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sensational
Private

Originally Posted by derito View Post
The vanguard pilot do control the main cannon and its coaxial MG but there is still the gun on the top of the turret. And the liberator need players for its heavy cannon and its tail gun (although with instant seat swapping one could argue that you only need one crewman to operate both).
Of course it's details since the exact platoon composition can't really be known for sure until everyone gets a few dozens hours under their belt to really get a feel of how PS2 will actually work.
Anyway, enjoy your stay on Auraxis
Thank you, I'm sure we will!

And yes, our platoon composition will likely change as we play and learn, this was merely an early draft based on what we've read and heard so far, giving us some more solid recruitment goals. If squad size remains at 10 (Assuming you want to keep everyone in the squad), wouldn't it still be more efficient to use another Vanguard as opposed to having that person manning the gun up top? Not taking into account things like availability and the like?

Last edited by Sensational; 2012-07-18 at 01:35 PM.
Old 2012-07-31, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sensational
Private

We are still recruiting new blood for all our squads, we're trying to be a bit proactive despite the game still being in such an early phase.

Last edited by Sensational; 2012-07-31 at 10:14 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sensational
Private

Beta underway and we may or may not be dropping into bases on the EU server, it's looking like we'll definitely have to reevalute our squad and platoon structure but that is not an issue! We are still looking for recruits for retail!

Last edited by Sensational; 2012-08-11 at 07:10 PM.
Old 2012-10-02, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sensational
Private

We've chosen Thyone as our server and we are rolling around, smashing into VS and TR in our magnificent Vanguard columns. We are still much smaller than we'd like to be, join up now and be a part of this from the very start!
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate