Nc... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma lives in the PSU server.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-29, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mudflap
Sergeant

I don't think the NC are overpowered. I think that things are very well balanced as things are now. Every group has its advantages.

You say the Magrider is slow as hell on water, and just begging for a reaver to come take it out, just like every Vanu likes to say. Problem is, that's retarded. Reavers can fly in, yes. Reavers are one of the great AV weapons, and are supposed to be, but when you're on water, the reaver gets no splash damage, so they need a direct hit, which is easier, but I don't think the damage does much more than even out to what it would be on land.

Also, yes, we all get run over all the freakin time. I play all three empires, and was in a VS Max when a TR AMS tried to run me over. I jumped about ten seconds before he hit, and was on my way back down when I died, from being run over!?!?!?!?! This happens to everyone, live with it.

I don't see the point nerfing the jackhammer jsut because it's better, or you think it's better. If you want to play a game with complete and absolute balance, go to one where every team has the same damn weapons, cause otherwise, it isn't going to happen.

Balance is something like this.

TR: Rule indoor short distances with pounders and chainguns. Good Anti-Inf in general. Awesome AV and AA(short range) with Striker.
VS: Great AA(with the max upgrade). Decent AV with Lancer and AV Max. Good anti-zerg indoors with lasher.
NC: Decent AV with max and phoenix(cause phoenix firerate is lame). Indoors aren't so good for NC(common pool weapons are better than our specialty ones). AA rocks with Max, but not so good with Phoenix.

TR Vehicles: Marauder is awesome anti-inf and good AA. Prowler is good all round, probably needs a buff. Vehicles require 3 people, but Marauder is the best buggy there is IMHO.
VS Vehicles: Ability to avoid choke points like bridges. Mag is a great tank, especially since the gunner has no firing arc, easier to aim, especially at range. Thresher is good as well, nice and quiet for running people over.
NCVehicles: Enforcer is good all around, probably better AV than the others. Vanguard is a great tank, but gunner needs some skill to fire. Also, doesn't handle as well as the Mag...obviously.

All in all, it's pretty balanced, except I think the Prowler needs an upgrade. The main thing that ticks me off though, is trying to stop the damn VS zerg at a bridge. There are no choke points, so the CEs aren't nearly as effective.
Old 2003-08-29, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

Indoors aren't so good for NC(common pool weapons are better than our specialty ones).
...what?
Old 2003-08-29, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

NC are awesome indoors with the Jaackhammer, but then I'd also say the VS are almost exactly as good indoors as well with the Lasher and the TR can make an entire room thier botch with the Pounder.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-29, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

I think he was talking about phoenix vs decimator in which case decimator > phoenix indoors.

Don't know how this statment affects the relationship betwee nthe jackhammer and the sweeper, but...
Old 2003-08-29, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I have seen so many vanguards around latly. I one day killed at least 5 with mines but more kept on coming.
NC does seem to have a population advantage on most servers, but on Emerald when the VS and NC are fighting on Hossin, and both sides have a pop lock, the NC have been pushed back to Mulac before. Largely, this most often happens when there are 12 Magriders circling a base, looking for something to kill.

So, any empire which has more tanks than another has a good chance to win.

I can't even fly in a reaver for fear of the sparrow max locking on to me.
The Starfire(is that the right one?) is just as lethal as the sparrow now. As for reaver flying, there are only a few times you can fly over bases to engage in battle safely. The reaver is largely a support/strike craft; you go out AMS hunting, pick off snipers on a hill, or rocket-snipe the enemy vehicle terminal from far off. In a medium-large scale battle, very few pilots have the skill to fly near a base with a AA Maxes around, kill their intended target, and make it out alive. Of course I suck at flying, so my opinion is flawed.

ALso funny how it seems some nc still want to nerf both the tr and vs down more.
Well I'm not speaking for those NC. Apparently now that we've been freed from the chokehold of the Terran Republic, those NC think they're free to do stuff, like SMOKE CRACK. So ignore them

P.S. Do me a favor tonight. Take AV cert with your friend. With a lancer, stand up on a wall or a steep hill where a vanguard/enforcer can't run you over(which also gives little profile for them to hit anywhere that would cause you splash damage), and start shooting them.

Between the 2 of you, you'll probably rip up a lot. AV sucks alone with one person, but its benefits are exponential the more people you have.
Old 2003-08-29, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Cease
First Sergeant

I play all 3 empires too. I don't think any Empire is overpowered. Its pretty well balanced for the most part. But no matter how well balanced the weapons can be, there still isn't anything in the game that can balance population. And ultimately it comes down to who brings the bigger army.
Old 2003-08-29, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Well all good points, I didn't read all the posts but I read most of them. But still I know NC are supposed to be about power but, they fire to fast. And the vanguards and prowler's rockets are to strong. Takes I checked maybe 3-4 shots for a magrider top gunner to kill a guy, and one shoot from a vanguard. Well anyway, don't want to bring up old arguments. But.. today I'm going in with my friend and we're going to go bomb us some NC and their vanguards and enforcers!!!!
Old 2003-08-29, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ultimatedogg
Corporal

holy shit!
the vanguard has a machine gun?
who knew
Old 2003-08-29, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

A)Prowler does need a buff, it cannont stand up to a vangaurd in a 1vs1 fight, head-on or otherwise. However, It can engage multiple target, and the .50 cal machine guns are effective against infantry and aircraft.

B)If you want people to use the 20mms on something other than aircraft(and I prefer the 150 at range for that) buff the vehicle machine guns against infantry so they realy tear through them.

C) Yes, the Vangaurd and Enforcer are 1shots of infantry, that is , it they can hit them. I think that you have failed to realize how slow these things actualy fire. They also have severe lead time and the Vangaurd has an arc(which a good gunner will use to thier advantage. Also, the Van and Enforcer cannot engage multipule targets efficently, and the enforcer lacks an anti-infantry weapon, which the marauder has.
Old 2003-08-29, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ultimatedogg
Corporal

this is a great argument but the answer is clear - nerf the ant!

but seriously the vanguard is to powerful
me and my friend hacked a vanguard and bought a pwoler
we linded them up and shot at the air
the vanguard fires almost as fast as the prowler and its a lot more powerful
all we need is a small nerf to fix that
Old 2003-08-29, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Then you're lieing or blind. The ROF on a Prowler is significantly higher than that on a Vanguard. This isn't a debatable fact. The Prowler fires nearly twice as fast as the Vanguard.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-29, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Yeah but 1 vanguard shell to 2 prowler shells, even if the prowler fired twice as fast it would be totaled..... You might we thinking, but the prowler has a machine gun, but against a tank with all that punch it doesn't do much. I think they fire almost the same, I've gunned in both. Prowler is faster but not a whole lot faster. But hey I think we should stop posting, I'm just going to go bomb me so NC to feel good again .
Old 2003-08-29, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
JakeLogan
Major

I quit using the striker because I got tired of peoples pissing and moaning about me klling them with it :P
Old 2003-08-29, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I never get tired of killing infantry with the Lancer. NEVER!!! It's my favorate kill.
Old 2003-08-30, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Cease
First Sergeant

The Magrider takes more shots to kill a grunt because their rail beam does little(if any) splash damage. While that may stink vs Grunts its pretty uber vs vehicles and even aircraft. Not to mention the Magrider has already proven its supremecy in running people over.

I still stand strong in my personal opinion that the Magrider is the best tank in the game. I've put some hours gunning for every empire and their tank. They are all good tanks. And from my experience in tank battles it generally comes down to which tank sees(and therefore hits) which first.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion