THE solution for Darklight. - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When you kill a Vanu, we laugh
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-24, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Warborn
What? No DL in vehicles? But then how will mosquitoes and reavers be able to go close to the ground, flick on DL and shoot you?

I'd also be in favor of removing DL from vehicle use.
So Warborn and I agree on 3rd person and vehicles...hmmm. Now if I can just get him to cave on the implant lock...
Old 2004-08-24, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Atlas24
Corporal

Ya, but if u are an infil, and u c the guy turn on his dl, then u can possibly run b4 the initalize. Just a thought.

666th SH4D0W 0wnZ J00!
Old 2004-08-24, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #123
MrPaul
Major

Jebus, I've been avoiding this thread because Im not (normally) a cloaker. But after seeing all this kerfuffle about DL I thought "hrmm, maybe I hsould see it from their view". So I ditched Ground Support () and got Infil.

Most Kills I Evar Got In One Sitting. Evar.

5 Knifings, God knows how many Boomerings and at least 15 AMP kills. And I'm a fricken Inf. n00b! Stop moaning, for a 2point cert it's easily as powerful as It should be. Darklight doesn't need a nerf IMO.
Old 2004-08-24, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
Atlas24
Corporal

You got lucky.

666th SH4D0W 0wnZ J00!
Old 2004-08-24, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MrPaul
Jebus, I've been avoiding this thread because Im not (normally) a cloaker. But after seeing all this kerfuffle about DL I thought "hrmm, maybe I hsould see it from their view". So I ditched Ground Support () and got Infil.

Most Kills I Evar Got In One Sitting. Evar.

5 Knifings, God knows how many Boomerings and at least 15 AMP kills. And I'm a fricken Inf. n00b! Stop moaning, for a 2point cert it's easily as powerful as It should be. Darklight doesn't need a nerf IMO.
So now we're basing decisions on a single sitting? That sounds like a good idea. Good for you going for the knife though, it feels better doesn't it? Cleaner. I feel dirty when I wipe the floor with people using HA, I feel like I accomplish something when I stick a knife in them.
I wouldn't make a decision on any aspect of the game after one play session. Play it weeks, maybe a month, get to know the nuances, experience the evenings where not a single thing goes right for you and that storm cloud follows your toon all night long. You'll certainly never be devoid of kills, but I'll bet you'll stop acting like the cert makes you into some sort of super trooper.
Old 2004-08-24, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
Atlas24
Corporal

Originally Posted by Madcow
So now we're basing decisions on a single sitting? That sounds like a good idea. Good for you going for the knife though, it feels better doesn't it? Cleaner. I feel dirty when I wipe the floor with people using HA, I feel like I accomplish something when I stick a knife in them.
I wouldn't make a decision on any aspect of the game after one play session. Play it weeks, maybe a month, get to know the nuances, experience the evenings where not a single thing goes right for you and that storm cloud follows your toon all night long. You'll certainly never be devoid of kills, but I'll bet you'll stop acting like the cert makes you into some sort of super trooper.

Exactomondo--- My best night as a cloaker= 2 and a half hrs, 200 kills 70 deaths, with a magscatter only.

Its just luck. Don't base things on the ONE time u tried cloaking, try playing for a while, you'll get tked a lot, and DL flickered a lot. Perseverance

666th SH4D0W 0wnZ J00!
Old 2004-08-24, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Capture a module building and hold it by yourself. Only then will I be impressed
Old 2004-08-24, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Aye, you have to perserver as a cloaker. It's the only cert that requires you to get used to a steep learning curve. Sure, you may get lucky on your first run, but try your second. the third is harder, believe me. Small changes to help a cloaker avoid getting killed cheaply is all we're really asking for. Get rid of the cheap kills.

MrPaul, no cloaker here said we never got good kills, but we ARE sick of the cheap killwhoring that goes on in this game, and this particular killwhoring is, and can only be, directed towards the cloakers.

Atlas24: hey man, i didn't know you cloaked mainly! COOL! Welcome to LF. I think we've recruited some good guys just from this thread...haven't heard from boomer yet, tho. Hope to go a-killing w/ ya soon, bro.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-08-24, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Atlas24
Corporal

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
Capture a module building and hold it by yourself. Only then will I be impressed
who are u talking to?

666th SH4D0W 0wnZ J00!
Old 2004-08-24, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Mr Paul.

oh CauldronBorne, let me know if you guys in Liquid Force do some kind of Shadow ops. I love my outfit but I am the only person that plays a cloaker regularly and also the only one who likes to go into the caves. Hooking up with Madcow didnt work out cause he is Dirty NC

Last edited by Queensidecastle; 2004-08-24 at 05:56 PM.
Old 2004-08-24, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Aye...stinky NC....they smell, that's why i don't play NC. Can't stand the smellyness

Oh, and just send me a tell in-game, or visit our website. We don't have anything like that planned, but we do regular Black Ops (it's what the outfit...just....does....) We're kinda small, as in we only do small squad action with a 2 squad outfit night every once in a while.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-08-24, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I didn't start playing NC until they got nerfed silly. I couldn't stomach them until I didn't think they had far and away the best gear. Then one night my VS infil looted a bunch of MagScatter pistols and I was in lurve. Once other empires started getting buffed, and the NC population started to die down, it was time to make my move.

Besides, the TR knife sucks.
Old 2004-08-24, 11:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
CassH
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Meursault00
I had this great reply planned to list why darklight should not be modified. But then I realized that you people who just moan and groan about me being a newbie Rexo user. So I figure I'd express my ideas in a few short statements.

1. You're no James Bond, so don't act like it.

2. Don't insult the largest group players in the game if you want to instigate change.

3. Cloakers are support characters. They alone will not win a battle and they alone will not win a war.

4. Personal stories mean squat. The battlefield is way to unpredictable of any of that to mean anything at all.

Oh, I think it's a bad idea by the way.

Yes Rexo's are vary important but what i think whould just solve this problem is just make DL turn on then cant be turned off for 5 secounds then all the cloackers cant moan about DL flashing
Old 2004-08-25, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

Holy crap, someone actually took the time to read my post on this topic. That's a first.
Old 2004-08-25, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Meursault00
Holy crap, someone actually took the time to read my post on this topic. That's a first.
I read it, but didn't especially feel compelled to respond to the standard misguided "infil shouldn't try to kill people anyhow" tripe.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion